Spyware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyware

Are there any methods for killing (once and for all) spyware? I want it off my machine by any means necessary! Ad-aware and Spy-bot (whatever). I need real tools! Help!

Those are real tools. Another useful tool is the search function on this forum, where this has been discussed in other threads.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid
      Those are real tools. Another useful tool is the search function on this forum, where this has been discussed in other threads.

Thanks, you are right-I know..It is just that for some reason I sort of lost it! None-the-less, Ad-aware and Spy-bot are just not doing it for me...

Comment

I've only found one piece of spyware that neither could remove (Wild Palms). What issues are you having?

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

alledit.dll
          websearch
          VX2
          and misc. others...

I have tried all of the tools, including Web Sweeper, and Spy Bouncer-nothing..

Comment

Originally posted by vstorme
            Are there any methods for killing (once and for all) spyware? I want it off my machine by any means necessary! Ad-aware and Spy-bot (whatever). I need real tools! Help!
            Go to this forum. They helped me when I was highjacked.
            http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?

Comment

PSTOOLS is one of the best to suspend and kill processes running in windows. DOS based-but it will allow you to susupend without them coming back prior to deletions. http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/13/7/13-7-61.shtml

You also need to know what you're looking for in registry. Regedit the hell out of any spyware. Information is easily found in a simple google search.

There isn't a spyware killer that I've found that will work with accuracy! You have to know how the system works first! That requires a little bit of learning and man hours. You don't need a program,... you need education.

If you're using xp you need to turn off system restore. then use the pstools.. then start cleaning the registry.. then delete the hell out of the programs and your temp files...

That's a start.. the details can be found if you look. BO
              In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Comment

I posted once before on here, another thread on removing spyware.
                HERE IT IS
                I think Ive added tools and changed the order I run them since then.
                I also provided links to the utilities on the earlier post. Im not going to go to the trouble again.

Step 1, use HijackThis to remove unknown items, especially anything marked BHO if you dont recognize it. Reboot
                Step 2, Scan with spybot,
                Step 3, Scan with adaware
                Step 4, Scan with Webroot.com's Spysweeper 30 day trial.
                Step 5, Scan with housecall.antivirus.com's online java applet virus scanner

Those utilities are what I use daily.. I charge people to run these free utilities. Its not that they dont work, you need to use them in the above order, and run them twice to make sure they actually removed everything they detect.

If you can get rid of something, and you keep removing it and it comes back, search the internet for a tool to specifically remove that spyware, usually VX2 or Coolwebsearch are the ones that keep coming back.

Additional tools, VX2Finder, and KillBox.
                VX2 finder will remove vx2 and then restore your registry, if you dont restore the registry removal of VX2 will lock you out of your own machine, it changes the system policy.
                Killbox allows you to delete files which "are in use" without having to reboot into safemode first..

Im pretty much making a living on spyware right now.. 75% of my service calls are to clean machines.

Comment

if you need 5 ad scrubers, then you need to lay off the pr0n sites.
                  the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                    if you need 5 ad scrubers, then you need to lay off the pr0n sites.
                    Or stop logging in to the machine as administrator and/or using IE.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
                      ...and/or using IE.
                      Bingo........
                      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                      [ redacted ]

Comment

So is Netscape or Opera immune?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                          So is Netscape or Opera immune?
                          There are a few that can still get through Mozilla (namely with those popup "click yes to install" boxes). I spent 2 hours cleaning my girlfriend's laptop after she blindly clicked one over the weekend. They aren't exactly immune but much better defended.

-zac
                          %54%68%69%73%20%69%73%20%6E%6F%74%20%68%65%78

Comment

If you use SpyBot Search and Destroy, and use the default install, you will need to click on MODE, Advanced mode, Settings, and Ignore products. In the Ignore list, if you scroll through each tabbed category, there are about 4-5 items that SB will ignore by using the default setup.

Good Luck!

Comment

Well they did a study, forgot who it was, but Adware & spybot only detected about 60% of spyware, and left traces 90% of the time. Spybot was a little better about removing all traces, but Spysweeper rated really high on the list, with something like 85% detection.

Now 85% is pretty good, but you leave 1 exe, a downloader, and within 30 minutes the machine will have 1000 files on it again. To truely appreciate the destructive bullsh*t of adware you should see a downloader running, and watch the ammount of files it adds to your system in less than 30 minutes.
                              1000 files in 30 minutes is a low estimate for someone on broadband.

If your lucky 5 tools will remove 100%. Lately Ive been doing some manual removals. I just read an article on my cell phone about how CoolWebSearch has another new version out, and theres tons of variants. So no scanner detects and removes everything..

I leave my customers with the scanners and firefox installed. But it never amazes me when I go back to clean it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X