Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexis Park: Passive Aggressive / Cost prohibitive pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwinVega
    No, they offer free cotts for con attendees...they leave them laying next to the pool and call them tanning beds... they even have extra sheet that they call towels...must be an AP thing...
    yeah, they even make them up for you when they clean the rooms...

Comment

Originally posted by h3adrush
      yea i remember the dance people, all like 12-15 year old, prissy looking girls. That was funny. Was that 9 or 10? I don't remember.
      which brings me to the retelling of the story behind the BEST DEFCON QUOTE EVER.......

It was the wensday before DefCon 10. I had just picked up Octal (-pussy) from the airport, we met up with a few other atendees in the lobby. As all 6 of us strode back to the rooms (each of us dressed in the same All Black clothes, and two of us in full length trench's) to drop off everyones things (all of which was pack in HUGE Pelican cases as luck would have it) about 6 of the girls swam over to the edge of pool 1 and stoped us in our tracks (a few of the pelican cases were even dropped to the ground in a moment of shock) by looking up at us with hope in there 12-14 year old eyes and asking one simple question that will forever be burned into my mind ................................... "HEY!, are you guys filming a movie?"

best line ever!
      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

they arn't trying to edge out con with pricing.....

i remember reading this somewhere;
        theory of supply and demand.

if con invokes the selling out of all rooms for 2 or 3 local hotels, then they can afford to raise the price without the risk of losing buisness.

but i would count on alot more roomsharing this year. i think we had 7 at our place one night last year, and i'm sure we were far from the most crowded.
        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus
          yeah, they even make them up for you when they clean the rooms...
          This was one of the more disturbing events I had seen go down...the maids made up a little sun tanning thingy...rather strange.
          ~:CK:~
          I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

and NOW would be a good time to stop talking about it....
            the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

I was at the AP this past weekend, gotta hate that ugly "New Mexico Sunset" dark orange color they are painting it. I got pics, maybe I need to post them so folks will know what the hotel looks like now.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                I was at the AP this past weekend, gotta hate that ugly "New Mexico Sunset" dark orange color they are painting it. I got pics, maybe I need to post them so folks will know what the hotel looks like now.
                Yea, good plan. You might want to resize them from 8 megs though, that seems a little too detailed.
                Where's the dedication?

Comment

thats such a horrid color....

dam its ugly

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    I got pics, maybe I need to post them so folks will know what the hotel looks like now.
                    Post them! POST THEM! (please)

Comment

Originally posted by big chopper
                      Post them! POST THEM! (please)
                      He did post them (notice the comments by TwinVega and EvilMoFo). I assume he didn't post a direct link to avoid a flood of traffic to his photo gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilMoFo
                        thats such a horrid color....

dam its ugly
                        The new owners are either color blind or have really, really bad taste.
                        "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
                          which brings me to the retelling of the story behind the BEST DEFCON QUOTE EVER.......

It was the wensday before DefCon 10. I had just picked up Octal (-pussy) from the airport, we met up with a few other atendees in the lobby. As all 6 of us strode back to the rooms (each of us dressed in the same All Black clothes, and two of us in full length trench's) to drop off everyones things (all of which was pack in HUGE Pelican cases as luck would have it) about 6 of the girls swam over to the edge of pool 1 and stoped us in our tracks (a few of the pelican cases were even dropped to the ground in a moment of shock) by looking up at us with hope in there 12-14 year old eyes and asking one simple question that will forever be burned into my mind ................................... "HEY!, are you guys filming a movie?"

best line ever!
                          I'd be more amazed that the trenchcoaters didn't drop dead of heatstroke.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
                            He did post them (notice the comments by TwinVega and EvilMoFo). I assume he didn't post a direct link to avoid a flood of traffic to his photo gallery.
                            I was being a little facetious when I said that, just commenting how AST's camera kicks ass. However there are pics available from kallahar I believe if you check out 23b's gallery, should be in the 2005 new years section, that's all I'm giving you.
                            Where's the dedication?

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
                              The new owners are either color blind or have really, really bad taste.
                              Its Vegas, the colors are made that way on purpose to clash with the decore.
                              Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

Thanks for the high quality pics astcell. Everyone's been talking, but I had yet to see some decent pics until now.

Comment

Working...
                                X