X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"read the fine print"

read the fine print
    Originally posted by allentrace
    ... just like using your credit card when you go to foreign countries to get the best possible exchange rate.
    This can be risky. Many credit card companies have historically chosen an exchange rate that is most advantagous (read "profitable") to them during your billing cycle.
    In a country with really bad inflation or erratic currency exchange, you could end up paying much more than you thought for that item you bought on credit.
    With stable currency exchange, many credit cards will give you better exchange rates than local Postal Exchange/AmEx offices, and banks, but some credit companies will include hidden fees for exchange of currency.

Comment

hey if someone has or will book a double room and its only one person
      maybe we cant split the cost , pls let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by L34ndr4
        hey if someone has or will book a double room and its only one person
        maybe we cant split the cost , pls let me know.
        You should probably hold off on making arrangements until the administrator opens the Ride and Room Sharing forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
          You should probably hold off on making arrangements until the administrator opens the Ride and Room Sharing forum.
          thx , im a newbie in this , didnt know

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
            read the fine print

This can be risky. Many credit card companies have historically chosen an exchange rate that is most advantagous (read "profitable") to them during your billing cycle.
            In a country with really bad inflation or erratic currency exchange, you could end up paying much more than you thought for that item you bought on credit.
            With stable currency exchange, many credit cards will give you better exchange rates than local Postal Exchange/AmEx offices, and banks, but some credit companies will include hidden fees for exchange of currency.
            Good point but that is what AmEx is for. I have spent a good portion of my life in different countries but then again I am only 19 and it was my parents credit cards we were using; and overall AmEx uses the exchange rate for that week that you used the card even in Colombia or other countries with inflation problems. (I can say that with first hand knowledge) But hey blame FDR for taking us off the gold standard and making our currency reliant on foreign markets.
            Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

Originally posted by allentrace
              Good point but that is what AmEx is for.
              Yeah. I found AmEx to be great when traveling through Europe. If necessary, I could have snail-mail sent to the local AmEx office for me, instead of a hotel or hostel or pension where it may be stolen-- depending on their reputation. At one time, AmEx provided extra services for faxes (free or with a charge) and provided other services for the businessman or tourist traveling overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                Yeah. I found AmEx to be great when traveling through Europe. If necessary, I could have snail-mail sent to the local AmEx office for me, instead of a hotel or hostel or pension where it may be stolen-- depending on their reputation. At one time, AmEx provided extra services for faxes (free or with a charge) and provided other services for the businessman or tourist traveling overseas.
                Agreed also I prefer their Travelers Checks to any other non credit card method of payment.
                Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

St. Tropez

Check out the St. Tropez, it's next door to the Alexis Park and looks a bit nicer. Room rates are cheaper.
                  http://www.sttropezlasvegas.com/

Comment

Originally posted by opaltoad
                    I can't WAIT!!!!! my first proper holiday in 5yrs!!!! I've booked 3 nights at the st tropez, i tried the AP online(the time difference between UK and US is just too stupid to phone) but they say there are no more rooms available :(
                    can anyone tell me roughly, how much i can expect to pay for a taxi between the st tropez and def con(is it being held in the Las Vegas convention centre?)?

cheers!
                    Im in the St Tropez and also flying from the UK. The St Tropez provides a shuttle from the airport to the hotel so no need for a taxi

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                      but not worth the $200 a night price tag to some.....
                      ultimately, just give some stranger a bit of cash to sleep in their room for the night. just dont bring alot of tech.
                      paid $150 for mine .. split between me & my buddy that's only $75 a night ..

My big value is being able to chill out in my hotel room and watch the talks ;-) Mega fucking cool compared to the waiting in the lines out in the sun, and smelling 1000 sweaty geeks crammed into a room .. ha
                      " I want to believe all of these things? But you caught me at a bad moment and I can't. "

Comment

harbor island..across the street from ap, next to hard rock

only 180 per week

Comment

Working...
                        X