Check this out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out...

Checkout this motherboard!! This is unreal! Supports quad processors, and 32gig of ram!
    click here

Also here

Has any of you seen quad processors before?
    Last edited by Beginner; February 21, 2005, 12:58.
    "I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art." -Kahlil Gibran

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them." -Walter Kerr

damn!!! that is completly unreal, i would love to have one of those, i wonder if you could hook it up with 4 amd 64bit chips, that would be insane. Then hook it up with 4 30in. lsd displays, then have 4 different os's running at one time, now i dont know if all of this could actually happen, but i know that would be mad insane and any computer guru's dreem setup, well atleast i know it is mine, thank you for posting this.
    before asking a retarded question, google it. google knows all.

Comment

Tyan has always had some rather impressive boards. I admit, I would love to have one... but lets face it. even if that board fell from the sky (and did not break or kill anyone, of course) and was free for the taking it would still cost you a fortune to use it to its full potential..
      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I have been drooling over that thing for awhile...however it doesn't hold a candle to the cray x1, that thing is sweet.
        ~:CK:~
        I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

yes, it wouldnt be the chips that got you it would be the memory that does.

Comment

32 gigs of ram... sheesh.
            "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

yea its insane, i bet if your loaded it to its fullest capacity the fucker would fly, it would be even faster then the cia, or fbi's mainframe. You could turn that bored into one hell of a home network server, lol. I know if i had one though i wouldnt use it for a home network server. Slap 2 internal 400gb hardrives spinning at 7200, and one of the new 1.6 terabyte hardrive, oh god what a dream.

Comment

Original post with context:
                Originally posted by dementeddemon
                yea its insane, i bet if your loaded it to its fullest capacity the fucker would fly, it would be even faster then the cia, or fbi's mainframe. You could turn that bored into one hell of a home network server, lol. I know if i had one though i wouldnt use it for a home network server. Slap 2 internal 400gb hardrives spinning at 7200, and one of the new 1.6 terabyte hardrive, oh god what a dream.
                it would be even faster then the cia, or fbi's mainframe.
                Do you have any evidence to back up this claim?

Comment

it's not just for fun........if someone already got funded.........
                  it's really cool stuff ......men........anyone or company will make such a big sponsor?
                  then just let's get the most out of it and run the fastest os on it.......
                  do all the compiling......and optimizations........
                  just a dream~~

Code:
                  D0 N0T read the b00k
                  D0 N0T read the c0de
                  DO code your b00k
                  D0 N0T b00k your code

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                    Original post with context:

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim?

yes, an older friend of mine works for homeland security and told me that ibm has most of the government contracts, and last i checked ibm doesnt use amd, and that mother board is only compatible with amd. So unless my friend is wrong i am correct, unless ibm has a better board out then that.

Comment

yes, an older friend of mine works for homeland security and told me that ibm has most of the government contracts, and last i checked ibm doesnt use amd, and that mother board is only compatible with amd. So unless my friend is wrong i am correct, unless ibm has a better board out then that.
                      32 Processors (up to 64 with external), 64 bit addressing, 256GB of RAM
                      http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/z990/

Your "Friend" ? heh. IBM has had fast machines for a long time. They have built massively parallel system for ages

Right now I am wondering why I should not add you to my ignore list.

Comment

unless ibm has a better board out then that.
                        For some uses, home computers can be painfully slow. It all depends on the context, but you might be surprised at how fast non-x86 computers are.

Comment

ok, so i was wrong i apologize, but that still would be a bad ass setup to have, and you could do damn near anything you want with it. And who is to say that the cia and fbi ordered that from ibm? they might have got something else, but i guess you are right my bad. And im not talking about servers i know they can have hella lot of memory, hardrives and servers, i was just talking about taking that bored maxing it out to the fullest and using it for a home computer, not using a damn server for a home computer that would be outragous and way to much money and work involved.
                          Last edited by dementeddemon; February 22, 2005, 11:04.

Comment

Your "Friend" ? heh. IBM has had fast machines for a long time. They have built massively parallel system for ages

Is that on one motherboard?
                            "I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art." -Kahlil Gibran

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them." -Walter Kerr

Comment

Yea but you compair different type of CPU witch is not fair!

Let's stay with AMD64 architecture...
                              Cray XD1:
                              12 CPU / Chassis
                              144 CPU / Rack :)

Up to 576 Processor :)

http://www.cray.com/products/xd1/index.html
                              Last edited by dataworm; February 22, 2005, 12:53. Reason: Typo in the Cray name
                              /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Working...
                              X