Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action Requested: Input for Improving the Dunk Tank Venue

Greetings!

The DC 12 Dunk Tank venue was very successful. We are looking for feedback on how to improve the venue this year.

Please post all of your recommendations to this thread.

Thanks,

Rescue

Originally posted by Rescue
    Please post all of your recommendations to this thread.
    Mine is the same as last year: Can you get Priest to agree to be dunked?

Other thoughts:
    Post a schedule for dunking as early as possible in the forum, and/or maybe add it to the DefCon pocket schedule.
    Get video of the dunking event and make it available through a torrent, or for download, and have an index to know who is being dunked in a video.
    Broadcast clips from the days dunking on one of the DefCon channels during the eve.

Comment

Warm the water in the dunk tank

Replace the water in the dunk tank with scotch. Should scotch be unavailable, making a giant tub of margaritas would work well.

I'll begin pissing people off now so I can get a larger crowd when I take my turn on the seat.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Have a longer drop. Can the unit be raised so he victim falls maybe a good 6 feet and not a measly 3 feet?

Believe it or not, I did not know the dunk tank was for charity! I mean a legit charity, not "Noid's Scotch Fund." Get that word out a little more maybe?

And if we can't hit that little target with a ball, can we just throw tomatoes at the victim instead?

And since EFF is a 501 (c) (3) organization, you can offer receipts on the spot for tax purposes to folks who buy tickets.

Comment

I loved it last year, but definitely MORE NOTICE. Lots of people didn't know about it til walking by and many didn't know it was for a cost. Most people I talked to weren't aware there was a schedule or didn't find out until their favourite targets had already been up.
          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

I walked by it a few times, saw people being dunked, I saw cash exchange one time. Heard someone say something about "costs more to be closer to the target".

I was clueless as well, I didnt know there was a schedule, and had no idea where the cash was going until later in the con.

Possibly paper flyers like those that were laying on the AlexisPark check in counter for the BBQ. Maybe a sign, or a banner, stuck in the ground or hanging that says "EFF Dunk Tank" "Defend your rights"

It was in a location where people saw it. The biggest problem seemed to be lack of people knowing what the hell was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax]
              It was in a location where people saw it. The biggest problem seemed to be lack of people knowing what the hell was going on.
              On Thursday, there was a sign at the end of Pool 1 [tacitus' photo album includes a picture with the sign to the right in the image here] that announced the Dunk Tank and proceeds going to the EFF. On Friday, this same sign has a list of people to be dunked. Late Friday, the paper list was either crinkled or removed. By Late Saturday, the A-Frame sign was missing and/or the words printed on it were gone.

There was a link to the event from the main DefCon page, and details were printed there on where it would be located. There was a list of people who confirmed they were willing to be dunked, but I don't recall where I saw it. [Ah! In that thread mentioned later in this post, I found a URL... it was part of the DefCon Schedule in the far right column.] It was also discussed in DC12 planning.

Dunkees were on paper.
              Paper was on sign.
              Sign was at defcon.
              Sign and paper were not nailed down.
              Therefore...

[More content below this point]
              Jackalope, DT, Dunk Tank organizer, and another sign by the dunktank showing who was to be dunked that day.
              Last edited by TheCotMan; March 30, 2005, 04:26. Reason: grammar, link found and comment added in [ ], added link to image of EFF sign by pool 1

Comment

Get someone from SCO (kidnap from SCOcon?) to sit in the dunktank.... I think a lotta people would pay for that.. heh...
                Get someone that people would enjoy dunking (I spent some $$ on kevin rose last year)..
                I hope the EFF gets the proceeds this coming year too...
                The only constant in the universe is change itself

Comment

Someone needs to get dunked with gear on. Maybe an old 386, but something more than a bathing suit in 100 degree weather needs to tempt us.

Comment

Will the old 386 be plugged in? Id pay to see that..

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                      Someone needs to get dunked with gear on. Maybe an old 386, but something more than a bathing suit in 100 degree weather needs to tempt us.
                      I wonder if Pete kept his old radio...
                      the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Hire an impostor

Since we are in Las Vegas perhaps we could hire an impostor. Some one who looks like Bill Gates. Steve Ballmer or even Darl McBride should not be too hard to find.

Comment

a bonus throw

If you buy an x amount of balls you will get an extra amount of free throws :)

buy 5 get 1 bonus... or something like that :)

BK
                          Last edited by Badkarma; March 31, 2005, 06:35. Reason: grammar check
                          Temet Nosce

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                            Its not that pleasant. At one point Zac filled the tank with ice. Grifter can tell you all about it. :)

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

I will bring the three girls from Saturday night back this year. You may remember one accually stripped for everyone. Word had it they generated $500+ in the 2 hour block they were on, and it was dark! We had to use a maglite to show people who was in the tank!
                              "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
                              X