Talks in the rooms at the AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talks in the rooms at the AP

I heard a rumor that the talks are NOT going to be broadcast into the rooms at the AP this year. Anyone confirm this? It is one of the main reasons I get a room @ the AP .. Alot easier than standing in line for an hour to sit in a hot tent.
    " I want to believe all of these things? But you caught me at a bad moment and I can't. "

Originally posted by replicant
    I heard a rumor that the talks are NOT going to be broadcast into the rooms at the AP this year. Anyone confirm this? It is one of the main reasons I get a room @ the AP .. Alot easier than standing in line for an hour to sit in a hot tent.
    With space and seating issues, I doubt that presentations won't be piped elsewhere (like the rooms.) Without some method to decrease numbers of people visiting the presentation rooms, there will be serious problems.

Where did this rumor start? A link? Sources?

Comment

Maybe the uberleet quick draw security team at the AP(V) will prevent Defcon from using/haxoring the CCTV system, the ATMs, the phones and their wireless network.

or not :P

Rumors starting early this year
      That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ndex
        Rumors starting early this year
        At first, I was wondering if this wasn't some sort of joke, now I am just wondering where this rumor really started.

Comment

if you hear a rumor about DC, its best to default to disbelief.
          the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

I quite enjoyed this one:
            http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=4197

Comment

Originally posted by Tierra
              What about this one posted in the very same thread as the official announcement?

See what you did Tierra? That poor user who replied to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tierra
                haha... i dont remember that one....
                thats damn funny.

/me pets his black badge from scavenger hunt.....
                the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                  Where did this rumor start? A link? Sources?
                  it was actually at my local dc214 meeting, think it might of been brough up on one of the dc-groups lists ..
                  " I want to believe all of these things? But you caught me at a bad moment and I can't. "

Comment

Originally posted by replicant
                    it was actually at my local dc214 meeting, think it might of been brough up on one of the dc-groups lists ..
                    It is good to find out where a rumor starts to see if it is credible. You could ask you source who/what their source was. Why not follow the lead to the original source?

Comment

In the past, the TV's and/or system's quality was pretty bad... I mean no disrespect, and i know the job is tough.... but is there going to be any improvment this year? Or do I just have bad luck with the TV's I get a the AP..
                      The only constant in the universe is change itself

Comment

Originally posted by dYn4mic
                        Or do I just have bad luck with the TV's I get a the AP..
                        It was probably the TV you got at the Alexis Park. I, too, have had problems with the picture quality in the past, but the quality last year was quite excellent.

That is not to say that your TV was necessarily an exception...

Comment

In the past, the TV's and/or system's quality was pretty bad... I mean no disrespect, and i know the job is tough.... but is there going to be any improvment this year? Or do I just have bad luck with the TV's I get a the AP..
                          It has been hit or miss for all of the years I've been at the AP. Some years I had great reception. Other years, lots of static.
                          Whatever the reason, if it were not for DC-TV, I would not stay at the AP.

Comment

Yeah... because there's so many people, the DefconTV is just great. Plus its entertaining... buut its also kinda crappy at times because you (or maybe just myself) feel disconnected from the Con...There's no way to fit that many people (esp for some talks...) so that just goes with the population I guess. Becides the short walk(or stumble ;)), enviornment... Defcon TV makes the AP worth staying at.
                            The only constant in the universe is change itself

Comment

shit, last year the quality was awesome :-D instead of sitting in a tent with a bunch of sweaty smelly geeks, I sat in my hotel room in my boxers drinking a beer ;-) then i would go socalize after the talks i wanted to see were over ..

i did put pants on at that point thou ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X