Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Defcon why are we talking about butchering hogs etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Data Hunter
      Because it is a metaphor for the manner in which the Defcon attendees tip over the sleeping sheep.

("If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards... checkmate." -- Zapp Brannigan, Futurama)

Either that or this is pre-planning for the Toxic BBQ.

Comment

Gee Sparky, you must be new here...

We are talking about hog butchering (as well as knitting, book binding, home repair, cars, butt sex etc) because the average Defcon attendee has a wide variety of interests and hobbies outside of computers. It makes us more interesting people. It gives us something to talk about with non geeks, and sometimes it even gets us laid.

You should try it sometime, why don't you start by looking into punctuation?
        Last edited by Abby_Normal; May 17, 2005, 16:30.
        "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Well, not "hogs" but "long pigs" ... Does it make more sense now?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
            Well, not "hogs" but "long pigs" ... Does it make more sense now?
            Aren't long pigs where footlong hotdogs come from? :)

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by LosT
              Aren't long pigs where footlong hotdogs come from? :)
              If they are made of "mystery meat" they might be!
              I don't think I've seen sausage, hot dogs, or other wurst made in person before. Any people with that craft? Where did you learn?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                I don't think I've seen sausage, hot dogs, or other wurst made in person before.
                Um, I might have to fix that for you.

Any people with that craft? Where did you learn?
                Yes, my grandma taught me. She was the one women who no matter what you always paid attention to when she was showing you how to cook something.

I like to make breakfast and Italian sausage with beer. I love this site due to it's great product line and the fact that they have all the types of casings I like to use: Sausagemaker

/me wonders if Siviak will let me borrow his kitchen before piecon and the bbq so I can do some cooking? Beer would be supplied to host of kitchen and food if they wanted something special made.
                "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
                  /me wonders if Siviak will let me borrow his kitchen before piecon and the bbq so I can do some cooking? Beer would be supplied to host of kitchen and food if they wanted something special made.
                  hrm... chick cooking food in my kitchen some of which I get to eat... and she is bringing beer? TWIST MY FUCKING ARM!!!

oh and what is piecon?
                  If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
                    hrm... chick cooking food in my kitchen some of which I get to eat... and she is bringing beer? TWIST MY FUCKING ARM!!!
                    Okay

oh and what is piecon?
                    It's where you eat pie and drink good beer and whatnot, ask Gruffy or H3 for more information.
                    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
                      Okay
                      so wait... you're BOTH gonna cook in my kitchen... AND bring beer... AND feed me sausages AND pie?!?!?!?

It's good to be Teh Siv
                      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

AND feed me sausages
                        Wait, who's feeding you sausages again?
                        "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

so wait... you're BOTH gonna cook in my kitchen...
                          That's funny, I cook for them so no it will be just me cooking

AND bring beer... AND feed me sausages AND pie?!?!?!?
                          That's a big ten-four there

It's good to be Teh Siv

Comment

oh and what is piecon?
                            How do you feel about cuban food? I was thinking about bringing a deep fryer so I could whip up some tostones and chicharrones. But a kitchen would be eaiser.

Comment

Ok

OK Thanks, and by the way abby i am a newb to defcon. sry lol

Comment

OK Thanks, and by the way abby i am a newb to defcon. sry lol
                                That's ok, we were all new once. Find me at con and I'll buy you a drink.

Comment

Working...
                                X