No announcement yet.

The Pre-planning Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In addition to coolers, an important area are the BBQ supplies. Briquettes (sp?), grill tools, etc, will all be needed. I believe some of the stuff I picked up last year is still there (in Sivak's infamous Asian-cabana-boy-holding shed) for this year. Those of us who will be in town early may want to make a non-perishable run prior to Thursday as it got hectic *very* quickly last year.
    “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Hmmm, wonder how much something like this would run?
      Nevermind, image capacity full.

Edit:

Here we go

Last edited by Kai; May 19, 2005, 16:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Kai
        Hmmm, wonder how much something like this would run?
        You can actually get those a good bit smaller/easier to manage. There's a guy with one just a bit smaller than that, same capacity, who does street fairs with us on weekends.
        Last edited by octalpus; May 19, 2005, 19:13.
        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
          You can actually get those a good bit smaller/easier to manage. There's a guy with one just a bit smaller than that, same capacity, who does street fairs with us on weekends.
          Unfortunately, it would have to be a GREAT deal smaller for my little POS 2.5 liter to haul it!

:(

Comment

Originally posted by Kai
            Unfortunately, it would have to be a GREAT deal smaller for my little POS 2.5 liter to haul it!

:(
            If you know someone who welds, you can put a trailer on to one of those oil barrel bbq's that they sell cheap at HEB.
            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
              but remember, just because you tell me you need a certain size won't garuntee you get that size, it's first come first serve.
              Highwizard: Does that mean you won't save me a 2XL?

Al
              "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
                Highwizard: Does that mean you won't save me a 2XL?

Al

Alklloyd: I will always save you a XXL.

Comment

I knew a couple who bought missile cases from the local Air Force base surplus sales. They added wheels, drilled some holes, then used these cases as 40 foot long BBQ grills.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    I knew a couple who bought missile cases from the local Air Force base surplus sales. They added wheels, drilled some holes, then used these cases as 40 foot long BBQ grills.
                    well folks, any of you that were wondering about what to get Noid for christmas....
                    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                      As I said, I had more then were bought last year. So if you didn't get one last year, but think you may want one this year, tell me before I order them.
                      I'm down for an XL again this year (which, hopefully, someone won't walk off with!)
                      “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

MAps?

Can someone please post a map for those of us that have not been before?

-Russ

Comment

This may not be the place for this...if not I apologize.

FLOYD'S BBQ BRISKET

1- Beef Brisket (12-16 lbs.)
                          Onions
                          Jalapeno Peppers
                          Claude's Beef Brisket Marinade
                          Bull's Eye Brand Mesquite BBQ Sauce
                          Jack Daniels
                          Salt and Pepper

Put your Beef Brisket in a covered roasting pan and pour on one bottle of Claude's Marinade and one bottle of water. Chop the onions and Jalapenos in large pieces and add to the pan (use as much onions and peppers as you like). Pour in Jack Daniels to taste. Salt and Pepper. Bake at 200 F. for about 6 hours or until real tender. Remove Brisket from roasting pan, cover with BBQ sauce, wrap in aluminum foil. Now it's time to fire up the BBQ pit (use Mesquite chips for smoke, I always soak my Mesquite chips in a bucket of water overnight before using them.) Just toss them in on top of the hot coals. Smoke the brisket on the pit for an hour or so to get a good smokey flavor. Serve with Potato Salad, Ranch Style Beans, Texas Toast, hot Peach Cobbler, and plenty of your favorite cold brew. Feeds about a half a dozen folks, more or less, less if they're real hungry. Be sure and fix plenty because you'll have people showing up claiming to be kin when they smell the smoke. Enjoy !!!
                          Last edited by Floydr47; May 29, 2005, 10:14.
                          I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

Comment

Originally posted by russ

-Russ
                            Will be done more thoroughly this year. Maps for the site, as well as the food run will be available soon. (read as, within the next week or so)

I get a day off on Tues, so I'll try to get the info flowing if l0nd0 doesn't beat me to it.
                            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by russ
                              Last year it was in Sunset park. We were just to the west of a parking lot, by some trees with a bunch of picnic tables and grill. The picnic tables were on a concrete slab.

Directions from mapquest AP/AV -> Sunset Park

A google map of the park. Notice the parking lot near the center of this map, that has a big tree surrounded on most sides by light brown dirt/sand?:
                              And then here is a google sat. map centered on parking lot I *think* was right next to the location

I seem to recall that we were to the west of this parking lot, under and to the west of that big tree.

Can anyone else confirm this?

The AP/AV is to tthe north and west of sunset park
                              http://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+ve...7703&t=k&hl=en

[C\ontent added:]
                              Other landmarks near the previous location:
                              Volleyball net and court on sand or dirt to the south (?)
                              Some sort of building to the east/southeast (?)
                              Playground to the east/northeast (?)

Originally posted by HighWizard
                              Oh and this is a cotman free zone.. No Cotman posts allowed.
                              Hah-hah! That's a good one. :-)
                              Last edited by TheCotMan; May 29, 2005, 12:17.

Comment

I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, so I figured I'd post a pic from yesterdays pork-o-rama

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Working...
                                X