Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleeping in the car.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by CP99
    Why in the world would anyone want to sniff sharpies at a hacking convention?

    Oh.. just take a nap by the pool and you will find out...
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by che
      Oh.. just take a nap by the pool and you will find out...
      I wont lie, I had FSCK written on my forhead in my travels before.
      Soo lol

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CP99
        I wont lie, I had FSCK written on my forhead in my travels before.
        Soo lol
        whats wrong with FSCK? You got something against UNIX?
        "Fundamentalism: It's how you get all the mysteries of the universe to fit on a bumper sticker"

        --Howard The Duck

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Tao_of_pi
          whats wrong with FSCK? You got something against UNIX?
          Only when it's written in indelible ink across my forehead.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Voltage Spike
            Only when it's written in indelible ink across my forehead.

            It was ok tho, only took 40 seconds to wash it off, the worse is if someone rights with sharpie on your leg, cuz then if you try and wash it off, the hair gets all knotted and that hurts

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by CP99
              It was ok tho, only took 40 seconds to wash it off, the worse is if someone rights with sharpie on your leg, cuz then if you try and wash it off, the hair gets all knotted and that hurts
              no it's bad if someone pulls down your pants and writes "Insert wood here" on your ass cheeks and super glues your face to the floor.
              "Fundamentalism: It's how you get all the mysteries of the universe to fit on a bumper sticker"

              --Howard The Duck

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by CP99
                I wont lie, I had FSCK written on my forhead in my travels before.
                Soo lol
                But what about brandings.....
                Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by CP99
                  It was ok tho, only took 40 seconds to wash it off
                  Someone was either very kind and didn't use a real Sharpie or you have a lot of skins cells that you weren't really using.

                  Originally posted by che
                  But what about brandings.....
                  It might be a good way for presenters to advertise their talks, too. "Hacking Google Maps: Sat 2:00, Spider666 rulez!"

                  Oh, you probably meant brandings. Sorry.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Voltage Spike
                    Someone was either very kind and didn't use a real Sharpie or you have a lot of skins cells that you weren't really using.

                    I vote for the skin cell theary!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Tao_of_pi
                      no it's bad if someone pulls down your pants and writes "Insert wood here" on your ass cheeks and super glues your face to the floor.

                      ah... you've been to HighWiz's "sexy parties" haven't you?
                      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by CP99
                        Well, Im broke, what else is new, And im considering just crashing in my car. Has anyone had the unfortunate plesure of having to sleep in their car?
                        You got very good advise already, I will add that under no circunstances go to sleep drunk, by the law of some states I belive include Nevada, you can be found guilty of Driving Under the Influence if you are caught driving, or are caught in actual physical control, of a motor vehicle and you are under the influence of alcoholic beverages, or any chemical or controlled substance, to the extent that your mental and physical faculties are impaired. This mean that in the eyes of the law, if you are behind the weel, phisically sat in the drivers sit, you are in control of a motor vehicle, even if not DRIVING. therefore it necesary follows that if you are also drunk you will be found guilty of DUI. This criteria is confusing, and can be challenged, but do not give a reason to start.
                        Love is a Mental Illness

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by blauman
                          You got very good advise already, I will add that under no circunstances go to sleep drunk, by the law of some states I belive include Nevada, you can be found guilty of Driving Under the Influence if you are caught driving, or are caught in actual physical control, of a motor vehicle and you are under the influence of alcoholic beverages, or any chemical or controlled substance, to the extent that your mental and physical faculties are impaired. This mean that in the eyes of the law, if you are behind the weel, phisically sat in the drivers sit, you are in control of a motor vehicle, even if not DRIVING. therefore it necesary follows that if you are also drunk you will be found guilty of DUI. This criteria is confusing, and can be challenged, but do not give a reason to start.
                          What law enforcement, mostly the troopers & the chippies, look for when they come across a possbile intoxicant in a parked vehicle is to see if the keys are in the ingnition. If they are, then you can get busted for DUI even though the car is parked and you are asleep.
                          “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Quiet_Wolf
                            What law enforcement, mostly the troopers & the chippies, look for when they come across a possbile intoxicant in a parked vehicle is to see if the keys are in the ingnition. If they are, then you can get busted for DUI even though the car is parked and you are asleep.
                            I'm told in someplaces if you even have your keys on you you can be charged. I was told to give the keys to a friend or toss them under the car.

                            I was shocked when I found out I had put my friends at risk for a dui by tossing a bottle of opened booze in the trunk of the car, even though there was no way to get it while driving, and no one was drinking. If there is booze and keys in the car with you they can charge you, even if you are not drinking, or driving.
                            "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                              I was shocked when I found out I had put my friends at risk for a dui by tossing a bottle of opened booze in the trunk of the car, even though there was no way to get it while driving, and no one was drinking. If there is booze and keys in the car with you they can charge you, even if you are not drinking, or driving.
                              this is just one in a long list of reasons that the libertarian party has become more and more attractive to me as i've grown up. some of their views are wildly opposite mine (on matters like education and foreign affairs) but i have to say that they are one of the only well-known parties that actually has the balls to stand up and say things like "liquor in a car equals an automatic DUI? that's horseshit!"

                              i'm starting to relax my vehemently strong stance on matters of international import (or, more accurately, turn my head when libbers go off on some isolationist tear) in the hopes that by focusing on the little, everyday bullshit here at home some true changes can be made for the better in my lifetime. it's like, we get so caught up in the huge battles that the government slides this crap into the criminal codes (many times at state and local levels, but federal laws are no picnic, either) under everyone's radar.

                              pre-trial property forfiture on drug charges, no-knock warrant execution, ridiculous drunk driving laws that have no bearing on people actually driving while drunk, and page after page of red tape & regulation that does nothing but spawn supporting industries (i.e. over-complicated tax codes with breaks for rich corporations but the royal shaft for everyday citizens)... bah, i don't know why i'm going on such a rant but methinks i'll stop now. reading about the DUI regs that do nothing to prevent accidents but can tarnish people's records permanently really set me off.
                              Last edited by Deviant Ollam; June 12, 2005, 20:15. Reason: typo fix (s/chances/changes)
                              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                              - Trent Reznor

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                                I'm told in someplaces if you even have your keys on you you can be charged. I was told to give the keys to a friend or toss them under the car.

                                I was shocked when I found out I had put my friends at risk for a dui by tossing a bottle of opened booze in the trunk of the car, even though there was no way to get it while driving, and no one was drinking. If there is booze and keys in the car with you they can charge you, even if you are not drinking, or driving.
                                I was once told that the safe thing to do is put your keys in the glove box and shut (not lock) the glove box door.
                                -bc,

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X