Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defcon Radio -- Call for anyone who wants to be more than a poser!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would pay money to hear Roamer give his talk on how he has been treated by Apple these last few weeks. It is hilarious on the web, it must be freakin' outstanding live in person.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
      I think some of the DC Groups who attend Defcon should look at Stepping up and taking some time to help foster this part of the community.
      DC404, Dr. Kaos/Alkyllod?
      Most of the DC 404 peeps (that go to defcon) are going to:http://www.whatthehack.org/
      I'll be at DC13.

Al K. Lloyd
      (alklloyd,btw)
      "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Can someone arrange this??

Originally posted by astcell
        I would pay money to hear Roamer give his talk on how he has been treated by Apple these last few weeks. It is hilarious on the web, it must be freakin' outstanding live in person.
        Imagination is greater than knowledge * Albert Einstein
        Every day is a good day, whether you like it or not! * DMZ

Comment

well, I was just hoping to see a tittie...

but while I'm not watching drunk people, I've got some music, poetry and I'm doing a talk on Nero-Linguistic Programming. Do you have any sort of feedback system like a way to call in and ask questions, cause that would be a great resource for people who wake up the next day with a hangover and a good question they forgot to ask a speaker.
          Peace,
          Mystic

-{http://www.lostways.com}-

Comment

Originally posted by dmz
            Well, we have a thread about it and you could just ask if he has time there. :-)

As for the money part, I don't know; maybe just give the money to roamer... (heh-heh) so he can buy a different laptop.

Comment

Excellent idea! Do you program? If not, i'll add it to the list of stuff to code in the next few weeks.

Originally posted by mystic
              well, I was just hoping to see a tittie...

but while I'm not watching drunk people, I've got some music, poetry and I'm doing a talk on Nero-Linguistic Programming. Do you have any sort of feedback system like a way to call in and ask questions, cause that would be a great resource for people who wake up the next day with a hangover and a good question they forgot to ask a speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by dmz
                Excellent idea! Do you program? If not, i'll add it to the list of stuff to code in the next few weeks.
                hmm, well I do code, however I have no idea what you're using so I'm not sure how much help I could be.. here's a few other ideas I came up with...

one set up an IRC channel so if the network works this year, people can send questions that way..

also it might be interesting to get speakers who want to to put thier cell numbers on a list or listen to the FRS on a certain channel so that thoeritically you could have someone call in and ask a question to a speaker they heard the day before and if that speaker is "on call" or listening in they could answer it without actualy being in the room.
                Peace,
                Mystic

Comment

I was just looking at the website.. looks like you already have an IRC server.. all the other stuff including call in could probably be accomplished by just setting up a secondary audio input and hooking up a cell phone to it, or better yet the room phone.
                  Peace,
                  Mystic

Comment

I'm actually bringing an asterisk pbx with me and will offer sip connections via local network and hopefully tie into hotel phone, but i don't want to give everyone the room # i'm in, so probably vontage or some other voip inbound or ham freq for questions.

Originally posted by mystic
                    I was just looking at the website.. looks like you already have an IRC server.. all the other stuff including call in could probably be accomplished by just setting up a secondary audio input and hooking up a cell phone to it, or better yet the room phone.

Comment

Originally posted by dmz

I would be happy to do this. Email me and we can work out a time.
                      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                        Please give me all the details, I wanna record this.

Comment

record this...

This would be for the radio...very likely recorded too...how about just listening on the radio and maybe grab a copy of the recording (if he allows it to be downloaded) while there :)

Originally posted by astcell
                          Please give me all the details, I wanna record this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                            No, Chris needs to write something up and do a version of the night before Christmas...

And then Grandpa Thorn can tell everyone a bedtime story.

Comment

The Night Before DefCon

Originally posted by highwizard
                              No, Chris needs to write something up and do a version of the night before Christmas...

And then Grandpa Thorn can tell everyone a bedtime story.
                              The Night Before DefCon
                              as read by Thorn to HighWiz and Stitch
                              (With sincere apologies to the memory of Clement Clarke Moore)

'Twas the Night Before DefCon, in Steven Job's house,
                              A Support line rang and was answered by a louse.
                              "My new G4 is broke" ol' Roamer had said,
                              "What will you do? The fucking thing's dead."

"Just send it all back" the louse he repiled.
                              "We'll fix it up quick, no matter how fried."
                              "There's just one little thing, that you really should know,
                              We'll need all your passwords to make it all go."

"Are you fucking nuts?" Chris quickly returned,
                              "IF I give out my passwords, I'll surely be burned."
                              "You'll see all my p0rn, and my witty retorts,
                              "To all the DC guys, of whom I make sport."

"Like Alx, or HighWiz, or Medic or Noid"
                              and forty other people I have to avoid.
                              You'll grab all my JPEGs of titties and buns
                              And see all my code which makes it all run."

"Tough shit" said the louse, "We'll get what we need"
                              You signed our TOS, which you didn't read
                              We'll get all your p0rn, and your smart-assed replies,
                              As well as the IPs of those DC guys."

So the louse and his friends took Roamer's code,
                              When Chris saw the logs, he thought his head would explode.
                              But he crafted a plan, and created a site,
                              By which his cohorts would know of his plight.

This sad story is true, and the moral is plain,
                              If you piss Roamer roff, you'll just end up in the Fucktard Hall of Fame .
                              Last edited by Thorn; July 5, 2005, 17:48. Reason: Couple o' typos
                              Thorn
                              "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
                                The Night Before DefCon
                                as read by Thorn to HighWiz and Stitch
                                (With sincere apologies to the memory of Clement Clarke Moore)

'Twas the Night Before DefCon, in Steven Job's house,
                                A Support line rang and was answered by a louse.
                                "My new G4 is broke" ol' Roamer had said,
                                "What will you do? The fucking thing's dead."

"Just send it all back" the louse he repiled.
                                "We'll fix it up quick, no matter how fried."
                                "There's just one little thing, that you really should know,
                                We'll need all your passwords to make it all go."

"Are you fucking nuts?" Chris quickly returned,
                                "IF I give out my passwords, I'll surely be burned."
                                "You'll see all my p0rn, and my witty retorts,
                                "To all the DC guys, of whom I make sport."

"Like Alx, or HighWiz, or Medic or Noid"
                                and forty other people I have to avoid.
                                You'll grab all my JPEGs of titties and buns
                                And see all my code which makes it all run."

"Tough shit" said the louse, "We'll get what we need"
                                You signed our TOS, which you didn't read
                                We'll get all you p0rn, and your smart-assed replies,
                                As well as the IPs of those DC guys."

So the louse and his friends took Roamer's code,
                                When Chris saw the logs, he thought his head would explode.
                                But he craft a plan, and created a site,
                                By which of his cohorts would know of his plight.

This sad story is true, and the moral is plain,
                                If you piss Roamer roff, you'll just end up in the Fucktard Hall of Fame .

Fuckin' Classic!
                                perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Working...
                                X