Seattle Peoples???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Peoples???

So, my beau and I are moving to Seattle directly after Defcon. We know a couple of folks in the Seattle area, but would love to get in touch with some more of you Washington dwellers.

Who all is from the area? Would anyone care to meet up for drinks and introductions?

Originally posted by polyhazard
    So, my beau and I are moving to Seattle directly after Defcon. We know a couple of folks in the Seattle area, but would love to get in touch with some more of you Washington dwellers. Who all is from the area? Would anyone care to meet up for drinks and introductions?
    congratulations on your move, i hope it was in the context of a good new job or other positive opportunity.

to find good people in your new locale, i'd suggest a glance at the DefCon Groups index page. it seems that some recognizable (and, dare i say, prestigious and wise) members of the community do hale from the 206. check their DC Group page for more info.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Ya, come to the DC206 meetings. We're sexy bitches with silly hats.

Check out the SEA2600 as well.

Theres a lot of good folks up here in Seattle, but we're kinda scattered.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid
        Ya, come to the DC206 meetings. We're sexy bitches with silly hats.

Check out the SEA2600 as well.

Theres a lot of good folks up here in Seattle, but we're kinda scattered.

Yeah we're scattered, and busy.

Are you moving to Seattle proper or a suburb?

Comment

I 'live' in Seattle on and off through the year. (Live is such a strong word when it comes to me and my life.) When I am there I dwell in the Capital Hill part. Do you know what part you will be living in yet?

I personally love Seattle. It has a little bit of everything.

I hope your move goes well.

Comment

A small tip before you move up here. If there is a favorite resturaunt or regional food you like, eat as much as you can. Its hard to get good food here such as a Chicago Pizza, BBQ pork bun (and 30 other asian foods I like).

Comment

Seattle Dwellers Unite

I too am in Seattle. I don't get out too much, being busy and all, but there are different groups active. The remnants of the Ghetto Hackers, a group of Shmoo, the DC206 people, the 2621 crowd is pretty big from what I have been told. The Seattle Wireless Geeks are here as well. Basically there is a great community of hacker like people to make friends with.
              PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
                a group of Shmoo
                And here we see the threatened Shmoo in its native habitat. Notice its irregular eating and sleeping habits and its distinctive lack of grooming.

Sorry... couldn't resist.
                the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

And if you are into guns, theres a fair ammount of hacker crossover into the FNRL group.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Thanks for the tips. We were actually thinking it might be nice to meet some of you while at Defcon. Is there a regional meetup of any sort at the con itself?

We will be moving into the Captiol Hill area, at about 15th and John, on August 1st. This will actually be the first time either of us have actually seen Seattle, so it's a bit of adventure. We hear the natives are fun types, though, so I'm optimistic.

We'll also be in Vegas for a few days before the first day of the official events, so if anybody's planning on doing any of the pre-con events, we'll be there as well.

PS: you have no idea how thrilled I am to hear about the silly hats in the 206...
                    Last edited by polyhazard; July 13, 2005, 11:31.

Comment

[QUOTE=polyhazard]Thanks for the tips. We were actually thinking it might be nice to meet some of you while at Defcon. Is there a regional meetup of any sort at the con itself?
                      QUOTE]

There are no official regional meetings. We see everyone when we're in Seattle, try to avoid each other while we are there (it's when we get to see friends from all over the US/World). ;)

Some of us will make the Toxic BBQ, the people I am thinking in particular are Goons so we'll stick out (a bunch of the Goons are from Seattle).

-JohnD

Comment

I have a set of friends that will be moving to Seattle after con.. they are driving in packed, and will leave con and go on to thier new life up there.. I guess everyone is going up there.... maybe I should rethink living in Vegas......
                        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
                          "have a set of friends that will be moving to Seattle after con.. they are driving in packed, and will leave con and go on to thier new life up there.. I guess everyone is going up there...."
                          nope, same friends.

(This is Kendra, dorkus ) See you in a bit!

Comment

I'm out here...toss me an email when you arrive and I'll show you 'round. People out here are quite awesome, you'll enjoy the town!

--Dan

Comment

One of the last times I was in Seattle was July 4th 1996. I remember it because I saw the film Independence Day there. How time flies. I remember the average age on the street looked to be about 26. I wonder if it is still that way now. Then again all the 26 year olds are 35 now.

Comment

Working...
                              X