Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many internet forums members are necessary to change an electric light bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Second
    While this is not entirely on subject, it is regarding the forums so I thought I'd ask here. Was anyone else recieving a proxy error and could not connect to the forums? I was getting one for a few hours, but obviously now it has been fixed.

:)
    Yup.. Somebody forgot to change the lightbulb before the weekend. Had the proxy error most of saturday and all of sunday (CET time).

Dutch
    All your answers are belong to Google. Search dammit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch
      Yup.. Somebody forgot to change the lightbulb before the weekend. Had the proxy error most of saturday and all of sunday (CET time).

Dutch

Ok good, glad to know I'm not going insane.
      Answering easy questions since 1987
      Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut ĂȘtre contre moi?

Comment

Ok good, glad to know I'm not going insane.
        Yeah, I got it too. Speaking of lightbulbs, you would not want to see some of the xrays I've seen over the years...

Al
        "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
          I prefer apples for this... they don't require quite as much force... but the juice can get a bit sticky if you don't clean it well
          Yamhills are more suited for the task. They have more cycles per second than an apple.

marklar

Comment

While this is not entirely on subject, it is regarding the forums so I thought I'd ask here. Was anyone else recieving a proxy error and could not connect to the forums? I was getting one for a few hours, but obviously now it has been fixed.

:)
            yes I got it on my os x machine
            Delicious Poison:

The difference between a nerd and a geek? Well a nerd does not wear Spider Man butt huggers.

Comment

the lightbulb edison invented is still burning brightly

why? the filament hasn't broken yet

that's the way it was designed. but people wanted to make money off his invention so they started making lightbulbs with filaments that would break, requiring replacement

so why don't we start making lightbulbs like edison intended and forget about changing them

that would eliminate a lot of users

Comment

Originally posted by ictus
                Okay, I'm certainly not an expert, but I call bullshit. Edison worked very hard to find a material that work for a useful amount of time, but I hardly think he discovered a material that would never break. Companies are competing even today to increase burn times, and I'm pretty sure we can file this permanent light bulb in the same warehouse as the water-powered car. It isn't a conspiracy, just plain-old physics.

Comment

dude its true

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...9/gen99654.htm

check it out man i'm telling the truth

i saw his one of edison's light bulbs burning brightly in his winter home in FL when i went there on vacation

Comment

Use of the word "the" here makes it sound as if it was the only one, or perhaps was the first one.

The first one that showed significant promise was made of a carbonized cotton thread.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...9/gen99654.htm

check it out man i'm telling the truth

i saw his one of edison's light bulbs burning brightly in his winter home in FL when i went there on vacation
                    Sure, but how long has the bulb been burning? Has it been under-volted?

Let's look at other citations:
                    webcam of the longest burning lightbulb (1901) .

GE says it is your light fixture that is to blame. (heh heh)

The Voltage, Light Output and Life section primarily discusses voltage WRT bulb life, but has this about Oxygen elsewhere in the same page:
                    Originally posted by url above
                    The most significant feature of Swan's lamp was that there was little residual oxygen in the vacuum tube to ignite the filament, thus allowing the filament to glow almost white-hot without catching fire.
                    I guess this makes me one of the:
                    "27 to post urls where we can discover the various electric light bulbs..."

and you one of the:
                    "12 more to agree that they don't make lght bulbs as they used to be.."

Comment

How many internet forums members are necessary to change an electric light bulb?

I propose a new topic - Coping with darkness!!!
                      Now, who want's the coffee for the coffee wars?

Comment

Too bad there is a "109" listed...otherwise all the numbers could have been in base 8 (it was posted by OP)-

How many Cotmans does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. He's not afraid of the dark.

LosT

Comment

and it IS "lamp", not "light bulb".
                          the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by LosT
                            Too bad there is a "109" listed...otherwise all the numbers could have been in base 8 (it was posted by OP)-

How many Cotmans does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. He's not afraid of the dark.

LosT
                            Ha! How many wifes with PMS does it take to change a lightbulb ?
                            Why the need for 2 ?
                            BECAUSE THEY SAY SO !!!! YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT ?!???

Dutch
                            All your answers are belong to Google. Search dammit!!!

Comment

ok, Q: How many irishmen does it take to change a lightbulb?? A: 500! 1 to hold the lightbulb and 499 to rotate the house round the lightbulb!
                              Now, who want's the coffee for the coffee wars?

Comment

How many Defcon Goons does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one. He holds onto the light bulb and the world revolves around him.

Comment

Working...
                                X