X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btlaunchmanycurses.py
    uploading at 13.5, this second

Comment

I rarely ever use bittorrent, I had to install to download the package. Ive only used 3 apps, and the one I used before, and used again was Azureus which can be downloaded from sourceforge.

I havent seen any problems with it, but I dont use it enough to experience them most likely.

Comment

Siviak, you rock. I tried out BitComet last night and it is *much* better than the others I've tried.. still need to give Azureus a shot.

Last night I imported the torrent and let it finish downloading. Even though BitTornado said the torrent was completed, it was wrong. I have witnessed this on a couple other torrents as well.

I let the torrent run all night and averaged 60up with nearly 1.8GB pulled in total. I guess there are folks still downloading..
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

i may have to try out a new client. after upgrading my firewall, bittornado never goes to a fully green light. i have the proper ports open, and things always worked before... but now for some reason it's like i'm not in "full connection" mode. i can still send data out to other peers... but not 100% of them. right now it shows a single peer connected who is not yet complete but he's not pulling any data from me. odd. i'll give bitcomet a shot.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
            after upgrading my firewall, bittornado never goes to a fully green light.
            Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by "fully" green, but can you telnet into the appropriate port from the outside world? Perhaps netstat the client machine and make sure that the open port is the one you expect?

Comment

so i've been going through the clips from the filler material (and editing / cleaning up / reencoding a lot of them... for instance, last night i finished converting all of the WMVs to a proper format) and i've found one clip that doesn't seem to be anything, at least when i try to play it. amhangon.avi (482 KB for me) just comes up as a very small size clip of black screen and a band of static. does it play for anyone else? if it were "static" at the top of the screen i might have thought it was a clever line 21 hack of closed captioning material... but this is at the bottom of the screen.
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

amhangon.avi (482 KB for me) just comes up as a very small size clip of black screen and a band of static.
                A google search reveals that it is a motorcycle clip, and the .avi version (the original is WMV?) is corrupted for most people. I couldn't find enough information to definitively state which brand of codec properly plays the file, but you can find other copies of video that do work.

Comment

amhangon.avi (482 KB for me) just comes up as a very small size clip of black screen and a band of static. does it play for anyone else?
                  Code:
                  AVI: No audio stream found -> no sound.
                  VIDEO:  [IV50]  160x120  24bpp  25.000 fps  227.0 kbps (27.7 kbyte/s)
                  Selected video codec: [indeo5ds] vfm:dshow (Intel Indeo 5)
                  Clip of some guy almost falling off of a bullet bike but somehow getting back on.

Here is an md5sum so you can check if the problem is a fscked up download or not.
                  Code:
                  0bfaee87f1a6a2f2ba3e12f547bb4c2b  amhangon.avi

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                    Siviak, you rock. I tried out BitComet last night and it is *much* better than the others I've tried....
                    thanks man.. but I can't take all the credit for it.. Flea turned me onto BitComet after hearing me bitch about every other client out there. But I am glad I could help you out :)
                    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

I use Azureus. I havent tried BitComet though.

Im trying to download that filler torrent, and all I see 5 people in the swarm, and not connected to any, and not downloading the file.

Anyone have a HTTP Link for that, or no?

Thanks.
                      Patrick "Cypher" Stueck
                      Project Manager

KnightDreams Interactive, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher
                        I use Azureus. I havent tried BitComet though.

Im trying to download that filler torrent, and all I see 5 people in the swarm, and not connected to any, and not downloading the file.

Anyone have a HTTP Link for that, or no?

Thanks.
                        If there are 5 people with the seed, but nobody is downloading, perhaps nobody is connectable. If you are a client, try making yourself connectable so that non-connectable seeders can get to you.

We also discussed the connection/non-connection seeding here a little bit.

[Added content:]
                        After checking this out, out of the 5 seeders online when you wrote your reply, none are "connectable" and neither are you. Only one new seeder that *is* connectable came online a bit ago that is connectable, and I got word they won't be on very long since they have exceeded their throughput allocation this month.

Make yourself connectable and you will probably have 5 seeders looking to share only to you, since you appear to be the only user downloading ATM.
                        Last edited by TheCotMan; August 16th, 2005, 19:04.

Comment

I generally use Azureus or btdownloadcurses.py on Linux. Neither gives me trouble.

This torrent I am downloading on an Xbox w/ btdownloadcurses.py, and it is working just fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X