Govt Keyloggers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Govt Keyloggers?

not sure the validity of it but none the less interesting http://www.infowars.com/articles/bb/...ke_loggers.htm

Originally posted by mythodical
    not sure the validity of it but none the less interesting http://www.infowars.com/articles/bb/...ke_loggers.htm
    the article at the bottom should say "as reported by Jason Blair and Dan Rather
    disclaimer: we cannot prove the validity of these reports just that they are reports"
    Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/dellbug.asp

Comment

So let me see if I understand this...

The Dept. of Homeland Security is in bed with PC and laptop manufacturers in an attemp to spy on the citizens of the world. This plot is exposed. Then "spin doctors" that are lead by the CIA attempt to discredit the discovery buy calling it a False rumor.

Did I get that right??

Comment

i just recently bought a dell laptop.I plan on tearing into it in the next day or two..i let u know what i find.As for the disinformation aspect of it , i wouldnt doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by mythodical
            i just recently bought a dell laptop.I plan on tearing into it in the next day or two..i let u know what i find.As for the disinformation aspect of it , i wouldnt doubt it.
            And in so doing you will void all your warrenties....not sure about the 90 day automatic one but I am pretty sure that goes by by also

Comment

Originally posted by allentrace
              And in so doing you will void all your warrenties....not sure about the 90 day automatic one but I am pretty sure that goes by by also
              Not only that, but you're doing it for a bad reason as well. Snopes gave a convincing argument and I'd suggest you read it before going head first into your nice new laptop.
              - Programmer -

Comment

Seriously...
                If such a keylogger was being used, and did send data to an unknown location, I would think someone using Ethereal would have captured the packets and it would have been discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by Clp727
                  Seriously...
                  If such a keylogger was being used, and did send data to an unknown location, I would think someone using Ethereal would have captured the packets and it would have been discovered.
                  They use the IPSP protocol to keep that from happening. The Invisible Packet Security Protocol bypasses the OSI data layer model all together. No packet sniffer out there is going to catch it. One would have to be specially written, but there is little documentation on IPSP so that doesn't matter.
                  The dude abides.

Comment

0_o .........

Web Hosting --

Comment

Originally posted by enigma
                      0_o .........
                      Packets that can't be sniffed.

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia
                        They use the IPSP protocol to keep that from happening. The Invisible Packet Security Protocol bypasses the OSI data layer model all together. No packet sniffer out there is going to catch it. One would have to be specially written, but there is little documentation on IPSP so that doesn't matter.
                        I am saying bullshit on this one. "Little" implies some documentation and if you could provide some I would be happy to be corrected. I have never heard of "IPSP" maybe it goes by a different acronym. The acronym I know IPSP by is Internet Protocol Security Policy.
                        Last edited by allentrace; October 10, 2005, 11:20.

Comment

A google search provide no hits on a paper or discussion of it. Eventually, when google indexes this thread, there will be at least one. ;-)

I would suspect the Ethernet Card would need to know about some sort of layer2 communication system in order to "receive" and hand the payload of an Ethernet Frame up to the OS-- even an IOS and both the src and dst node would need to know this. In order for that to "work" ethernet card vendors would have to agree to a standard, and do wo without RFC or IEEE or IETF or Iso support-- and then keep it quiet.

There are protocols out there that violate the ISO OSI 7 Layer model (including the TCP/IP suite of protocols and a better/worse example being NetBEUI.) Actually, most networking protocols in use seem to violate the 7 layer model.

Then there are other problems. If it violates the 7/5 layer model and does not use IP, then routing across WAN links over dissimilar routing equipment from different vendors seems unlikely without support from all those vendors.

Even if meant to only work over a single collision domain (to avoid switching/routing requiring support), there are issues with being happy with the whole collision detection/avoidance (whatever is used on the media for the interface of the router.)

And then there is "Security by Obscurity is generally not security."

I'm going with a need to reattach my leg because it was being pulled.

Comment

gul·li·ble
                            adj.
                            Easily deceived or duped.

I think Xodia was making a funny.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                              gul·li·ble
                              adj.
                              Easily deceived or duped.

I think Xodia was making a funny.
                              which was why I called bullshit on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X