X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video iPod

Sexy...

http://www.apple.com/ipod/ipod.html

I think I'd still rather have a Nano though...
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Originally posted by bascule
    Sexy...

http://www.apple.com/ipod/ipod.html

I think I'd still rather have a Nano though...
    If only they offered a trade in policy.... sigh I bought my 20 gig Ipod the day after Thanksgiving and all of a sudden color was available.
    Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

Or you could get yourself one of those new 200GB Ipod Nanos

http://tinyurl.com/dhmrv

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid
        Or you could get yourself one of those new 200GB Ipod Nanos

http://tinyurl.com/dhmrv
        200gb aside Nano's are too small I would probably lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by allentrace
          200gb aside Nano's are too small I would probably lose it.
          Trust me on this one, if you get one of those "Special Edition" 200 GB nano's from Noid's link, you won't have a problem with losing it. Humping the marine batteries around to power it might be a bit much though.
          Aut disce aut discede

Comment

video ipod looks pretty cool... but i'd want to get confirmation that i can play all sorts of sensible video and not just content that's been prepared specifically for the ipod itself. the following is from the spec sheet online...

H.264 video: up to 768 Kbps, 320 x 240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats. MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 mbps, 480 x 480, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats

bloody hell, would it have killed them to make it able to play MPG, DivX, and XviD files? the ability to output to s-vid or composite is fucking badass, but i don't look forward to reencoding parts of my video collection just to play them on the ipod.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
              bloody hell, would it have killed them to make it able to play MPG, DivX, and XviD files? the ability to output to s-vid or composite is fucking badass, but i don't look forward to reencoding parts of my video collection just to play them on the ipod.
              Yes it would have, all the people at apple would have suffered slow nauseating deaths at the actual thought of it. Who knows what horrible death they would have succumbed to if they had actually tried to make it xvid, etc.. compatible. I shudder to think of it

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
                video ipod looks pretty cool... but i'd want to get confirmation that i can play all sorts of sensible video and not just content that's been prepared specifically for the ipod itself. the following is from the spec sheet online...

H.264 video: up to 768 Kbps, 320 x 240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats. MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 mbps, 480 x 480, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats

Totally agree, why the hell should I work to re-encode my entire pr0n collection just because they refuse to support common formats.
                Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by allentrace
                  If only they offered a trade in policy.... sigh I bought my 20 gig Ipod the day after Thanksgiving and all of a sudden color was available.
                  Funny, that's exactly when I got mine as well. Ain't it great being screwed by the upgrade path?

I swore I wouldn't replace it until they were at or over 100GB total capacity. I wonder how I'll get shafted on that transaction...

Comment

For the phone phreaks out there..

I recently saw threads on other sites about a particular version of motorola phone that can be reflashed with the new ipod/motorola firmware that allows mp3 functionality..

I can't justify buying a fancy cell phone, or an ipod.

Comment

My next desire for a device is video out builtin, but sticking it in the cradle doesn't do the trick imo. I would also like firmware that transcodes to whatever output and bitrate the player desires... so that I can keep my original video files in full quality, that way when I connect via usb/firewire my drive can play full quality videos and not just the chopdown of what the player will handle. Aside from lacking those two features, I've yet to find a better, more hackable player than the iRiver. Sorry iPod folks.. I'm just gonna keep swearing by it until Apple comes out with something better.
                      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
                        Funny, that's exactly when I got mine as well. Ain't it great being screwed by the upgrade path?

I swore I wouldn't replace it until they were at or over 100GB total capacity. I wonder how I'll get shafted on that transaction...
                        You two can hire an Apple Consultant for his insight to better help you plan your purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                          You two can hire an Apple Consultant for his insight to better help you plan your purchase.
                          I nearly fucking punched someone the other day when they told me that I should use a Mac because 'Apple isn't evil like Microsoft'.

Yeah. About that.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                            My next desire for a device is video out builtin, but sticking it in the cradle doesn't do the trick imo. I would also like firmware that transcodes to whatever output and bitrate the player desires... so that I can keep my original video files in full quality, that way when I connect via usb/firewire my drive can play full quality videos and not just the chopdown of what the player will handle. Aside from lacking those two features, I've yet to find a better, more hackable player than the iRiver. Sorry iPod folks.. I'm just gonna keep swearing by it until Apple comes out with something better.
                            i'm in full agreement. it's just really terrific hearing that i'm not the only one out there who isn't drinking the iPod kool-aid. (i also didn't realize that the video out was limited to the base dock.) the iRiver attracted me a good deal before, i'm going to take another look at what models they're offering now. i really love that audio-in capability... i'd like to record some concerts without dragging the whole laptop,deck,etc rig with me. a high-end mic and a small audio device would give me a lot more room in the taping section to kick back and party. now if only iRiver would make a unit that can cap input somewhere in the range of 128 to 192Kbps.

anyone have thoughts or advice on that company's models... or insider information on what they're planning for the near future?
                            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Yes fuck apple, I recently bought an ipod and the battery died on me. and what does Apple send me? a .pdf so I can get 50 dollars back from it....I'll use that to buy another mp3 player thanks...Fuckers.
                              Delicious Poison:

The difference between a nerd and a geek? Well a nerd does not wear Spider Man butt huggers.

Comment

Working...
                              X