This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shmooshicon

Well, it has come time to post the details for Shmoocon's Sushicon, Shmooshicon. We're going to be at the same venue as last year, and after talking to the manager for quite some time I believe I was able to work out some of the bugs that we encountered last year.

In order for the venue to better serve us, they will have another sushi chef on staff for us that night, as well as start to make the platters around a half hour before we are scheduled to arrive. The platters last year seemed to be the most popular, so if everyone is in agreement that is the route I suggest that we go. This venue is *NOT* all you can eat, however the platters (which run $50) have a wide assortment of sushi and are priced rather well since they are able to feed a few people.

Prior to heading over to the location, we will meet in the hotel lounge as we did last year. I think that the initial meeting avoided unnecessary confusion on how to get to the location. Additional information is as follows:

Saki
    2477 18th St. NW
    Washington, DC 20009
    (202) 232-5005
    Friday, January 13th @ 7:00 meet in the hotel lounge; reservation at venue is for 8:00

If you're not fond of sushi the venue also offers a various assortment of other fine foods.

If you plan on attending, please post a reply in this thread.
    You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

I'll be there
    /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

I might as well go, figure I went last year and didn't die.
      ~:CK:~
      I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

I'll be there, possibly +1
        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

i will be there, most likely a few of individuals who are coming to the con with me will attend, as well. (figure +2 for me as a best guess) will unagi be part of the platters? as long as it makes something of an appearance i'll be happy. well, i'll truly be happy with anything at all... i have never met a piece of sushi that i didn't like.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

I'll be there.
            The dude abides.

Comment

I'm in. Is there by any chance an option of a sashimi assortment?
              the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Count me in! :)
                Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Twinvega claims he is in....as well
                  ~:CK:~
                  I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

I'm in, as are some of the other Shmoo I bet.

If I can make a suggestion: Make a concerted effort to bring CASH people--in denominations other than just twenties You'll be able to help out the other people who only bring plastic or twenties.

For an eating event planned so far in advance, there's no reason to suffer through the geek bill-splitting ritual so common with spur-of-the-moment feeding frenzies.

See you guys in the hotel lounge @ 7 on Friday!

Sincerely,

Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by beetle
                      I'm in, as are some of the other Shmoo I bet.

If I can make a suggestion: Make a concerted effort to bring CASH people--in denominations other than just twenties You'll be able to help out the other people who only bring plastic or twenties.

For an eating event planned so far in advance, there's no reason to suffer through the geek bill-splitting ritual so common with spur-of-the-moment feeding frenzies.

See you guys in the hotel lounge @ 7 on Friday!

Sincerely,

Beetle
                      VERY good advice.. all the other times it has resulted in more mass confusion than father's day in a trailer park..

BTW.. add 2 more folks.. I'm sure Cygnus and his sidekick will be attending as well.
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

At Sushicon 1, I just had a seperate bill and paid it.

Al
                        "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
                          At Sushicon 1, I just had a seperate bill and paid it.

Al
                          I had to go through a lot of shit to have that one arranged. Checks per table worked out well last year ( for the most part ), and that was as far as they were willing to budge this year -- better to have ~8 persons settling 1 bill than 50+ arguing over who had what to drink.
                          You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

When I go out with less than a dozen people and we all get wild I like to play credit card roulette. Everyone put a credit card into the little check wallet and have the waitress charge it to ONE of the cards at random. One person buys, everyone else eats for free.

Comment

That's a great system astcell. We've done that before. Only I can even hack THAT system....I simply rub a booger on MY card ensuring it NEVER gets picked. Go on...you know you'll be thinking about it next time..
                              "640k ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

Comment

Working...
                              X