Job Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBHis
    Sorry for posting on the edge to off-topic, but where do you get these certs?
    Many colleges and universities offer certification classes (although that can be costly). If you're in the military, you would have access to the online classes for most certifications (i.e., for us Navyfolk it is Navy Knowledge Online), and they will also reimburse you for taking the test (sadly, most military folks don't know about this combination or take advantage of it). Local business schools, community colleges, etc., are places that I have also seen the classes offered.

If you go to the website for the organization that administers the test (i.e., CompTIA), you can also find locations to take the tests.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98
      Many colleges and universities offer certification classes (although that can be costly). If you're in the military, you would have access to the online classes for most certifications (i.e., for us Navyfolk it is Navy Knowledge Online), and they will also reimburse you for taking the test (sadly, most military folks don't know about this combination or take advantage of it). Local business schools, community colleges, etc., are places that I have also seen the classes offered.

If you go to the website for the organization that administers the test (i.e., CompTIA), you can also find locations to take the tests.
      Thank you very much! Is it the American Army or just "the army" in general?
      I live in Denmark and The U.S. army seems somewhat far away...

For the google-response: Sorry. Please be patient with me...
      CCNE? Is there different levels of certificates? (Well, there probably is, but which? How much should I know to get a basic one?)

Comment

Originally posted by GBHis
        Thank you very much! Is it the American Army or just "the army" in general?
        I live in Denmark and The U.S. army seems somewhat far away...

For the google-response: Sorry. Please be patient with me...
        CCNE? Is there different levels of certificates? (Well, there probably is, but which? How much should I know to get a basic one?)
        In this case I was referred to the U.S. military. I don't have any idea if any other militaries offer anything similar.
        "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Yeah, just got done with a checklist interview with Google... not very fun, no room to expand upon skills not covered in the interview (I foolishly tried and of course the interviewer was completely uninterested), and in the process of arbitrarily specifying my skill level I probably overinflated the wrong skills which probably showed in subsequent questioning.

Overall, a disheartening experience
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
          [ redacted ]

Comment

To test for M$ certs goto www.vue.com, pick a test, pay for it, schedule it, and then go onsite to take it. Most of the time the testing centers will be located in schools or something simular. Pearson VUE also offers alot of the comptia tests i.e. Net+, Server+, Security+ (non vender based). To see copy of what the tests might look like, you could check out www.actualtest.com or find a testbank somewhere else on the net. BTW this is abig reason why certs don't mean shit.
            All your base are belong to .

Comment

Originally posted by xgermx
              To test for M$ certs goto www.vue.com, pick a test, pay for it, schedule it, and then go onsite to take it. Most of the time the testing centers will be located in schools or something simular. Pearson VUE also offers alot of the comptia tests i.e. Net+, Server+, Security+ (non vender based). To see copy of what the tests might look like, you could check out www.actualtest.com or find a testbank somewhere else on the net. BTW this is abig reason why certs don't mean shit.
              Thank you for the help, everyone!
              Most companies do however seem to check for certs before hiring people...
              I have 6 years before I can start to write contracts with companies...
              Guess I would have to read some first, but now I know where to start!!

Comment

Working...
              X