No announcement yet.

Data Destruction: Part One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

um this is just a thought but what about sticking one into a forge and then beating the shit out of it with a slege hammer?

the thought came to me yeasterday while i was at my blacksmithing class
    Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

Comment

Originally posted by inoxxs
      um this is just a thought but what about sticking one into a forge and then beating the shit out of it with a slege hammer?

the thought came to me yeasterday while i was at my blacksmithing class
      I saw that done on the Discovery Channel, there was still readable data on the HD.
      I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

Comment

i'm sure you could pull data off a rock.... but its not gonna mean anything. at the "forge" level, i'd feel safe that the data will lack enough structure to actually mean anything
        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Hmmm, the most creative thing I could come up with is:

Cover the entire surface of the platter with peanut butter and place it next to a Tesla coil
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
          [ redacted ]

Comment

on the forge i kinda meant turning it into something that wouldnt even be recognizable as a hdd

and what would coveringit with peanut butter do?
            Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

Comment

on the forge i kinda meant turning it into something that wouldnt even be recognizable as a hdd

You are humor challenged, aren't you?

Comment

well, as we all know, penut butter contains magnetically charged particles of iron, when the penut butter is exposed to the tesla coils, it ignites, turning into a thermite like substance and vaporizes the drive platter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
                  http://www.jetico.com/bcwipe_unix.htm for Linux, SunOS, Solaris, IRIX, Digital Unix, FreeBSD. You can create a boot ISO or run it stand alone.
                  That's third party. BSD *still* doesn't have anything that is native or part of its tools. Linux does on the other hand.
                  Delicious Poison:

The difference between a nerd and a geek? Well a nerd does not wear Spider Man butt huggers.

Comment

Originally posted by klepto
                    That's third party. BSD *still* doesn't have anything that is native or part of its tools. Linux does on the other hand.
                    FreeBSD has Bestwipe (bcwipe) in its ported apps collection that you can install any time.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cg...curity/bcwipe/

Or is that not considered part of its tools? I'm not sure the game we are playing.
                    PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Comment

Working...
                    X