X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inoxxs
    but my dream car would have to be the 68 shelby mustang
    The 350 or 500?
    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Shelby Cobra rocks!

45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
      [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
        Hmmm, is that really restoring then? How many parts can you get cheap on before we can say it is a kit car and not a true restoration?
        That is a good point. I recently went to a really large swap meet in Louiville Ky (near my home town) and discovered that an idividual can by enough reproduction parts for nearly every classic American muscle car to build a complete car...thus it is technically a kit car. I would like to purchase new circuit board for mine...but I also enjoy taking a broken part and fixing it if I can. It kinda gives me that feeling of accomplishment. While at the swap meet I found a complete 70 Chevelle SS dash but since it was an original and not reproduction...it was expensive (and also the wrong color and quite worn).
        My neighbor has a 1972 Chevelle SS that he bought when he was young, and he is very, very picky about the parts he uses on it. He has been restoring this car for years and he has explained to me that most of the reproduction parts that are made aren't 100% accurate, thus decreasing the value of the car to an extent according to collectors. He has taught me alot about restoring an old classic.

Yes...Shelby Cobras do kick major butt!

Comment

Anything that Shelby touched is gold, but I'd kill to get a 1968 Ford GT Mk II (with the 427.) That is the ultimate Shelby machine in my opinion.
          Thorn
          "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Bascule, that exact car is on my wish list.
            -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
              The 350 or 500?
              the 500 of course and most likely get a working go baby go button like in gone in 60 sec's.
              Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

Comment

Toyota AE86
                Delicious Poison:

The difference between a nerd and a geek? Well a nerd does not wear Spider Man butt huggers.

Comment

Originally posted by klepto
                  Toyota AE86
                  Cool, but: Toyota 800. Sort of a precursor to the (still very cool) Toyota 2000GT.

Oh, and one I forgot earlier: the Tatra 603. Rear-engined, air-cooled V8, looks like a torpedo, and was made in Czechoslovakia. Perfect eastern-bloc transport.
                  Last edited by skroo; April 2, 2006, 21:29.

Comment

A 1974 AMC Javelin

--BC,

Comment

That yellow Javelin is excellent, and so rare

Little & large with the AMC Gremlin 401-XR & the Dodge Charger R/T.

401-XR

Comment

------
                        Sorry for the darkness, I've got more pics. Family member is the original owner, bought it straight from the dealer.

Comment

The King (Elvis Presley) had one of these in the early 60s,...and that's not all he had, lol.

BMW 507 V8

Comment

Working...
                          X