No announcement yet.

Hackers face life imprisonment under 'Anti-Terrorism' Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm Im thinking maybe some silly string, nah wait even better celiphane wrap hehe yeah. Ok theres to much evil brewing in my mind, but like thats a bad thing.
    There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by L0nd0
      Hmm Im thinking maybe some silly string, nah wait even better celiphane wrap hehe yeah. Ok theres to much evil brewing in my mind, but like thats a bad thing.
      Cool, we shall be sure to gather a group around 3am... where the newbie hunting begins... ;) ;) bring your gear, and your cameras :)

Comment

Actually this would be a great idea haha yeah, newbie hunting not to be terriblly mean to the newcomers of defcon but definitly a good hazing for them. hehe :D
        There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

i thought they stoped the ATA act from passing b/c are government could not follow some of the laws i read that some place.

Comment

Originally posted by Fused
            government could not follow some of the laws
            They don't have to follow them, only write them... and since when did Uncle Sam follow its own guidelines?

Comment

The govt can break the law when going after a perp, like a cop can speed to catch a speeder, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                The govt can break the law when going after a perp, like a cop can speed to catch a speeder, etc.
                Sure like we can now also tap into everyone and develop a perp.

Comment

One problem is that hacking issues are not as black and white as speeding. If you possess materials that are now illegal, but you got them when they were legal, now what? LIke I bought my police scanner and it picks up cell phones, it is illegal to sell today, but I bought it from the sheriff auction. Hmmm. It comes down to whomever has the better lawyer.

Comment

One problem is that hacking issues are not as black and white as speeding. If you possess materials that are now illegal, but you got them when they were legal, now what? LIke I bought my police scanner and it picks up cell phones, it is illegal to sell today, but I bought it from the sheriff auction. Hmmm. It comes down to whomever has the better lawyer.
                    Surely it can be labled as pre-ban, hell I know the clips for my Glocks are all Glock factory issued pre-bans, with the legal extenders... good luck finding cheap pre-bans nowadays...

As to hacking is seemingly being morphed into cyber-terrorism according to most media facilities.. it is only a matter of time before the change is complete...

Comment

I sold my MAC-10 for $5000 on the last day they were legal in CA. They still fetch only $200 in other states. The hard part about computers is the number of sites that we go through. Just doing a tracert to defcon.org send me through three states.

Code:
                      Hi, this is skroo.  I'd reply to this message, but for some reason I can't.  Ergo, I'm tagging the last reply to it which actually makes me feel rather dirty.  Yeah, it's ghetto, but it's still the oldest thread you can pull by manipulating the URL.  Neener.
                      Last edited by skroo; July 16, 2004, 00:17.

Comment

I sold my MAC-10 for $5000 on the last day they were legal in CA. They still fetch only $200 in other states.
                        I love how a lot of auto-owners tried to get away without registering their arms by modifying their caliber with kits that places were selling... only to be foiled.

Comment

Working...
                        X