Name of 10th Defcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of 10th Defcon

The Tenth Defcon is something a bit more important than the rest. Its the first double-digit defcon. What do you think about the name? If you have any other ideas, post below.
    Defcon 10
    20.51%
    Defcon X
    66.67%
    Other... (Post Below)
    12.82%

DefCon X: Nemesis...

... for that kitschy Star Trek feel. heh.

But, in all seriousness, changing to roman numerals at this point gives me (at least) a feeling of more style and class... And I like the idea.
    I check my sanity with a wristwatch. What do you check yours with, a dipstick?

Comment

Yeah, I've had it with those damn Arabic numerals, coming here and trying to take over our American mathematics!
      Let's go back to the Roman numerals, like we used to use back in MDCCLXXVI!

Roman numerals are pretentious. Stay the course.

Comment

DefCon 10
        DC10
        DCX
        DEFCONX
        DefConX

hrm? I really dont know. Although, there is the obvious analogy to our governments 'defcon' status, which is determined by numerals.
        "Defcon 7, 8, 9, 10, 11...." might sound better than "Defcon X, XI, XII...." etc...although, verbally, could still be called the #....i dunno. Food for thought...

Comment

Personally, I really hope its not X... X is too much the in buzz number these days... They didn't call DC8 DC 2000, so we don't need to call it DCX.

Ban the Buzzwords!

Comment

First person to say that. So, so far most people say X, but some people say 10.

Even if we have Defcon X, it should be pronouced 10. DCX just looks cooler than DC10. ; )

Comment

Originally posted by ßobÇat
              Yeah, I've had it with those damn Arabic numerals, coming here and trying to take over our American mathematics!
              Let's go back to the Roman numerals, like we used to use back in MDCCLXXVI!

Roman numerals are pretentious. Stay the course.
              I thought you *were* pretentious, ßobÇat... I mean, after all, the only reason people keep coming to Defcon is to see you whoop up in Hacker Jeopardy.... or to hope that you get whooped upon.

:)

Spuds

Comment

Um... Who cares?

I don't care what or how defcon is called in the future b/c I will ways reffer to it as dc9 or dc10 etc... And that is that. Atleast in type that is. IRL it will be DefCon Nine or DefCon Ten...
                "I'm not a robot like you. I don't like having disks crammed into me... unless they're Oreos, and then only in the mouth."

Comment

DCX looks a lot cooler. DC10 looks clunky. JMHO.

Still should be pronounced DC ten though.

Comment

DCX

Defcon X.... It'll look better on a shirt or hat...
                    -- jedi

Comment

DCX; DC10; Defcon10

I have to say, While "DCX" looks nice. I don't think it realy matters what we say here, we're going to see every variant that can possibly be made out of the number ten.

Although a return to Roman Numerals seems fitting at this point, after all it was done with roman numerals up until Defcon 6.
                      .: Grifter :.

Comment

Definately the X

Use the X for the following reasons:

1) Looks muchos cooler
                        2) Much cooler for logo designs
                        3) If the old DefCons were labled by Roman Numerals and we want to go back to the old style of def con, than the X would be symbolic of that change.
                        4) Whether you like them or not, Apple is a great example of old school computer people (creative as hell and shunned by the business world) and since OS X starts a revolution in the OS world, def con X can revolutionize the Def Con world.
                        "If common sense is so common, why do so few people have it?"

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistant one."

LONG LIVE NEXTECH!

Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad! Mantras are bad!

Comment

If you need a letter, Defcon A. Fight the buzz-letters!

Comment

People care too much about the little things. I personally think 'DCX' is pretty rad, "trendy" or not. That is what I have largely be referring to it as in text.

But in the long run, it really matters little. You guys will do as you feel appropriate.

Regards,

White Vampire\Rem

Comment

hmmm so that's taken...

I was just brainstorming an alternative.. as I was scrolling through the messages to post I notices Golden_Eternity already beat me to it.. (kudos!) Defcon A seems a little more appropriate than going the Roman route to me... although "X" does seem to carry the more popular connotation... could go binary for Defcon 1010, but that doesn't seem that quite fitting
                              if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
                              X