Well, we have 1/2 the info..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we have 1/2 the info..

This year there will be two nights of B&W, The Friday Black and the White Saturday.

Here is what I know so far:

Saturday - White
    - Catharsis http://www.myspace.com/egrrecords
    - DJ Casey www.myspace.com/djco
    - Krisz Klink
    - Mindpop
    - Ms DJ Jackalope http://www.dj-jackalope.com
    - Regenerator http://www.myspace.com/regenerator
    - The Minibosses http://www.myspace.com/minibossess
    - wintamute/pmt munich http://www.myspace.com/wintamute
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Re: Well, we have 1/2 the info..

YO!
    Lookin for the other 1/2.... I want to make a flyer!
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

This might be a strange thing to ask, but since I never see anyone from that list up there posting on here, am I the only dj in the community, that is...in the community?
      DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
        This might be a strange thing to ask, but since I never see anyone from that list up there posting on here, am I the only dj in the community, that is...in the community?
        Now that we actually have a subforum for the B&W Ball / Top of the Riv, maybe they will join the forums and discuss such things.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
          Now that we actually have a subforum for the B&W Ball / Top of the Riv, maybe they will join the forums and discuss such things.
          The other possibility is that, like many other people that attend defcon, they neither read, nor post, on these forums. Personally, I prefer mailing lists. I've only joined because I currently have the time, and I thought it would be useful to represent Coffee Wars. I saw so many hits on the site that had come from posts on the forum, I thought I might as well come and see it. I suppose, like IRC, forums draw certain types of people. Perhaps most DJs are not that type.

Comment

Can you add myself http://myspace.com/mitchmitchem and Steve from LP http://myspace.com/projectargo to that list?

We both do digital mixes in Ableton.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchMitchem
              Can you add myself http://myspace.com/mitchmitchem and Steve from LP http://myspace.com/projectargo to that list?

We both do digital mixes in Ableton.

Are you guys playing on Saturday night too?
              DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by shrdlu
                The other possibility is that, like many other people that attend defcon, they neither read, nor post, on these forums. Personally, I prefer mailing lists. I've only joined because I currently have the time, and I thought it would be useful to represent Coffee Wars. I saw so many hits on the site that had come from posts on the forum, I thought I might as well come and see it. I suppose, like IRC, forums draw certain types of people. Perhaps most DJs are not that type.
                I know Regenerator is busy and Catharsis has his record lable. I don't mind tho, I know people have lives and the forums are just a subpart of DC. (Granted I throw club nights, throw raves, dj, and run around with my antlered head cut off, not necessarily in that order.)
                DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Are you guys playing on Saturday night too?
                  We can play both nights, and do different styles if needed. I don't know how to get signed up, though. I sent DT two e-mails before, but never got a reply. But, I'm down to play both nights, and so is Steve.

Comment

Agreed on the topic of certain people coming to the forums, I'm only here because I can't find any other mention of the B&W Balls. Forums are scary places. People get really mean in these things.

So I went looking through photos of past balls, and I've got some questions now... How many people attend them? And how serious is the "no street clothing" dress code? Do people actually restrict themselves to black and white attire? From the photos I saw, it looks like I'll be dancing with about 20 people in t-shirts. And here I wanted a freaky, fancy night of dancing! Is all hope lost, or did I just see several bad patches of pics?

Comment

Originally posted by MitchMitchem
                      We can play both nights, and do different styles if needed. I don't know how to get signed up, though. I sent DT two e-mails before, but never got a reply. But, I'm down to play both nights, and so is Steve.
                      Bink handles the bookings, so I just forwarded off your request to him.. bink at 23 d0t org. Sorry!
                      PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by r3db0x
                        Agreed on the topic of certain people coming to the forums, I'm only here because I can't find any other mention of the B&W Balls. Forums are scary places. People get really mean in these things.

So I went looking through photos of past balls, and I've got some questions now... How many people attend them? And how serious is the "no street clothing" dress code? Do people actually restrict themselves to black and white attire? From the photos I saw, it looks like I'll be dancing with about 20 people in t-shirts. And here I wanted a freaky, fancy night of dancing! Is all hope lost, or did I just see several bad patches of pics?
                        The last year or two we have been trying to increase the freak factor. Bink will be setting the standards, so I hope to actually turn people away who are wearing white tube socks and a baseball hat.

I've seen all kinds of cool outfits from custom corsets, latex body suits to horns and chains.

What we really need is a good write up for the web site and the printed program.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
                          Bink handles the bookings, so I just forwarded off your request to him.. bink at 23 d0t org. Sorry!
                          Cheers for that one, bruv!

I'm forcing all of my "team" to come out to it. And if I end up playing, they won't have a choice...unless they want me to shit on their coats.

Comment

Okay, great. I spent some cash on new threads for both nights, and I wanted to have some pretties to look at, too. Kickass!

Comment

Originally posted by r3db0x
                              [FONT="Lucida Console"][SIZE="2"]Agreed on the topic of certain people coming to the forums, I'm only here because I can't find any other mention of the B&W Balls. Forums are scary places. People get really mean in these things.
                              The mods and admins have been working hard to revise and enforce the existing rules. One of the rules we started enforcing more strictly was the "Flaming is reserved as a tool used only by moderators."

The forums shouldn't be a "super-happy-fun-time" or a "caustic napalm ignited flamefest as seen in Dante's 9th plane of hell" but they should be useful and serve a purpose.

4 steps to help people avoid troubles on most forums:
                              1) Understand and follow the rules
                              2) Stick with discussing what you know. (This primarily applies to answers not questions.)
                              3) Don't pretend to be/know something you're not/don't know.
                              4) If you make a mistake, admit it, learn from it, appologize, and move on.

We created this subforum for the B&W Ball and Top of the Riv because it is an event, and people have discussed this in the past. My mistake in not including it sooner.

Comment

Working...
                              X