Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defcon Movie Channel Schedule

Originally posted by TheCotMan
    I doubt that the movies will be publicly mentioned as available at the con. However, it is possible that the filler might be. I'd like DVD of the filler though. Will Filler be available on DVDs? If so how many, and how much?
    I made maybe 15-20 DVDs with everything that was on the playlist along with some extras that weren't last year. I might do the same this year if I have time to burn some off. I'd be willing to trade for beer, though Deviant deserves the credit this year for the filler.

If I do burn some copies off, I'll leave it as an exercise for you to find me at the con if you want a copy. I missed making it to the forum meet last year, but I'll make a another attempt to find it in time this year. I might also leave some copies at the Scavenger Hunt table assuming Siviak and Pinguino managed to put together the hunt this year.

We put together a torrent of the same content on the DVD last year as well, but there's no plans to do that again this year. But if anyone that manages to get a DVD off of me (assuming I make them) wants to put one together after Defcon, I'll help seed.

Comment

heh... but it's still like version 0.9 of the filler since i can't stop myself from adding more stuff. (i noticed that somehow the five Jesus Christ Supercop eps were missing as well as one or two other clips.)

all in all, i'm doing my best to keep it at a single DVD size. i, too, will have a short stack of discs available at con. perhaps we'll keep a few in the lockpick village and the rule will be "you can borrow this for five minutes if you have a laptop right here" and i'll let ya' copy it.

also, word is that the travelling terabyte will also be making an appearance. i doubt we'll have much time for people to copy data off it (but, i do promise that if anyone were to actually show up with a 500 Gig drive they could mirror one of the two disks) but you can all drool at it before ASTCell takes it off to parts unknown.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Just one question - single or dual density DVD's? I am brining a few blanks of each!
        DaKahuna

Comment

single. keeping it under 4.4 GB. you think i have the cash for a dual layer writer?
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

last year there was a long discussion over how to properly distribute the filler content post-con via bittorrent. i'll happily volunteer my home connection to be a pre-seeder.
            jur1st, esq.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
              single. keeping it under 4.4 GB. you think i have the cash for a dual layer writer?
              That's good because while my MacBook Pro reads dual layer it does not write them. To write dual layer I would have to use my Dell D620, company provided, which had the dual layer DVD-RW. (Yes, I;ll have both with me!)
              DaKahuna

Comment

I'd love to grab it via torrent after the con as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kai
                  I'd love to grab it via torrent after the con as well.
                  If several of get DVDs over con, then a pre-seeded torrent could be very easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tierra
                    I'd be willing to trade for beer, though Deviant deserves the credit this year for the filler.

I'll leave it as an exercise for you to find me at the con if you want a copy.

1. What kind of beer? :) (Will cash do?)

2. Great, exercise. :(

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                      If several of get DVDs over con, then a pre-seeded torrent could be very easy.

I will have a couple of 80gig drives with me.

If I can manage to find one of you guys at the CON, and you are not too busy to deal with me :) , I will help start the seed.

Comment

Working...
                      X