DallasCon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DallasCon

Has anyone heard about DallasCon? It is taking place in Dallas, TX May 4th of 2002. If anyone in or around LA is planning to go there are already a few of us that are driving out there. Let us know if you want to join the caravan.

Dunenine

DallasCon

I know nothing about this, but was wondering what was up with it. Been to a few things in Texas / Mexico, and was wondering who was doing it. Oh, and a URL would be helpful :)

Comment

I go to school near Dallas, and I think we get done the last few days of April. I'd love to go. Anyone have cost/location/etc. details? (like maybe a link...)

Thanks.

/**********Begin Edit*******/

I know, I know... don't ask questions before googling for the answer. The web page is at:

http://www.dallascon.com

Cost:

before Jan.31, 2002:
      Regular: $295
      Student: $35
      Exhibitor: $500

after Jan 31:
      Regular: $395
      Student: $50
      Exhibitor: $1000

Since I am a student, and it's before Jan. 31, and I'll be in the area, I think I'll be there. =).
      Last edited by oddjob; December 16, 2001, 00:02.

Comment

Seems pretty cool. . .I live in DFW, myself. I'm going out to this thing in the hopes of hooking up with some other security-interested folks. For those of you who are curious, I'm a 22 year old who's been working in the locksmith/safe tech industry for 5 years, and I operate my own small business called "Skeleton Keys", a residential and commercial building lockout service. Maybe after the con we could all rent a big room somewhere, charge $5 a head and I'll give my own "class". :) I also might be able to help one or two people find crashspace.

Comment

CTF

Is anyone forming a team for CTF at www.dallascon.com ?

Comment

I'm a few hours from Dallas, and I'm a student, so assuming I can find someone to put me up for a night or two, I'll probably head up there.

skeletonkeys: I'd be very interested in a crash session on locksmithing, if for no other reason than the fact that I'm perpetually locking myself out of things. =o)
            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Just a note... I went to register, and it appears the early registration rate has been extended to March 31, '02.
              the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

$35

It looks like the price is still $35 until Mar. 31 -- after that it is $50. Woot!

http://www.dallascon.com

Comment

Working...
                X