Yes....and?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yes....and?

As cool as you three are .. opening it up to a few more members ;)

I like the idea, but thats because I'm always in town that early, am at the TBBQ and generally see most of the folks there anyways ... folks just need to remember that by setting it Thursday evening, it generally excludes folks driving from Cali .. ala Death Race / Cannonball.
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Thursday after TBBQ is the Summit Meet, which will take up the majority of the evening after the BBQ concludes, last year pretty late.

Before the BBQ theres going to be some pre-bbq events, such as the Titanium Chef thing, and possibly others not listed yet, but there should be a loose gathering of people already in the park pre BBQ.

Id think either late 11-12ish or pre-bbq around 4pm.

Id be game to do something off site.. but theres also the logistics, how many people are gonna make it? At least with the BBQ or the Hotel,
      people will already be on location.

Comment

My problem is that I tend to get booked doing dj stuff - random parties - unoffical events such as the TBBQ, etc...and they overlap way too much that I have to skip out on a lot of things. I'm leaning towards making the forum meet the TBBQ because I will (should) be there allready and I won't have to do a flash appearance at TBBQ and then have to split all fast because of some other event.

Maybe mark a few tables "Forums meet" so we'd know where to hang for a bit and get some introductions, etc.

I'm sure there's other peeps who feel divided the same kind of ways.
        ======================================
        DJ Jackalope
        dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
        ======================================

Comment

I hope to see you fine ffolks this year... not looking too promising at this point, but it's still on my list of targets. If not I wish you all an excellent time. /peace -goat
          If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
            As cool as you three are .. opening it up to a few more members ;)

I like the idea, but thats because I'm always in town that early, am at the TBBQ and generally see most of the folks there anyways ... folks just need to remember that by setting it Thursday evening, it generally excludes folks driving from Cali .. ala Death Race / Cannonball.
            Not to mention that staff members are busy setting up for some little conference that starts the next day and are pretty much unable to attend.
            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

I am guessing the skybox idea like last year is out of the question, due to the new configuration of the space. I think the private room would be best, allow us all to just relax.
              ~:CK:~
              I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Wait, there is a forum gathering at DEFCON?? ;)

Comment

It will be good to meet the people behind the avatars.

Comment

Id think either late 11-12ish or pre-bbq around 4pm.
                    If it's at the BBQ it will probably work. If I remember correctly many of the forum regulars were making the food run before the BBQ last year.

The only issue with having it post-BBQ is that it may conflict with the Summit.
                    jur1st, esq.

Comment

Friday night would work best I believe. But that's just me....

Now, where can I get some cock?
                      Last edited by Chris; June 19th, 2007, 11:13.
                      And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                        Friday night would work best I believe. But that's just me....
                        Welcome back HighWizard. :-)

(Yes. The above is the same HighWizard.)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                          Welcome back HighWizard. :-)

(Yes. The above is the same HighWizard.)
                          Ah, I guess I should have said something that identified me as me.
                          And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                            Ah, I guess I should have said something that identified me as me.
                            No problem. I fixed it for you.
                            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Welcome back.
                              Thorn
                              "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

w00t! Glad to have you back HighWiz.

On the topic of the Forums Meet .. vote up to now split 1/3 of us wanting it on Thursday, 1/3 of us wanting it on Friday as usual, and 1/3 of us not really caring when/where.

How about two Forum Meets?

1) We set a segment of the TBBQ area aside for those from the forums that want to meet at the BBQ. Get a jumpstart right?.. that way its not just a sea of people with occasional run-ins .. folks in a specific area can meet and greet.

2) I bug DT and get us a room Friday evening as well (probably not a skybox, after talks, before parties kick in full gear) .. for the Official Honest-to-goodness Forum Meet.. folks doing other things will have had the opportunity at the BBQ, but otherwise Forum regulars and noobs alike can plan on the traditional meetup.

It does possibly trade turnout for convenience, but not necessarily .. I personally have no foreseen issue with showing up to both.

que?
                                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
                                X