Defcon Thursday night at the Riv, sold-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon Thursday night at the Riv, sold-out

You may remember this thread about public reservations of rooms during Defcon weekend being sold out.

UPDATE:
    The Thursday before Defcon now shows up as Sold-Out on the Defcon Reservations Page.

Saturday stays require a previous night's reservation according to this map of reservations.

(The old thread has gone too long without posts, so I am starting a new one with this new information.)

Re: Defcon Thursday night at the Riv, sold-out

I reserved about 2hrs ago, and sweet talked the girl who answered the phone, and was able to get a room.
    ~:CK:~
    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k View Post
      I reserved about 2hrs ago, and sweet talked the girl who answered the phone, and was able to get a room.
      WS: "We both know you have rooms available up there"

FD: "Well I guess I can do $99 dollars a night"

WS: "Ooo your sooo naughty"
      "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

The Riviera is definitely sold out on Thursday night, for Defcon rates and also govt rates...hope you got a room!!! :surprised

Comment

I just got Fri-Mon, they did not seem to care that I was traveling 12,000 miles to be there. Sold out means sold out.

Guess I'll spend a night at the AP!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
            I just got Fri-Mon, they did not seem to care that I was traveling 12,000 miles to be there. Sold out means sold out.

Guess I'll spend a night at the AP!
            Admit it, you're trying to relive the glory days of Pool2.
            Thorn
            "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

We got a room at the Circus Circus. Much cheaper, and still quite close...

(and no, they didn't tear it down... yet)
              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
              [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post
                We got a room at the Circus Circus. Much cheaper, and still quite close...

(and no, they didn't tear it down... yet)
                did you get a room on the 13th floor? (no seriously)
                "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

The Riv website for International Association of Chiefs of Police-Impaired Driving Conference still shows rooms for Thursday

https://safe.rivierahotel.com/cgi-bi...60):;IACPJIB;?,

and says they will only hold the block until June 28. So I would expect some more rooms to be available then :)

I just booked my room.........

Comment

Thursday, Friday, Saturday Defcon reservations, all sold-out:
                    https://safe.rivierahotel.com/cgi-bi...60):;DEFCON7;?

However, the Public Reservation appear to be open again:
                    https://safe.rivierahotel.com/cgi-bi...+UP(A2560):;;?

What may have happened:
                    Defcon reservations block(s) were moved back out to the public space for "normals" to reserve. (Just a guess.)

Non-Defcon,Public reservations block still shows Thursday as booked.

Another option is that another convention gave up their blocks freeing up the public blocks.
                    Last edited by TheCotMan; June 18, 2007, 15:03.

Comment

Originally posted by licutis View Post
                      The Riv website for International Association of Chiefs of Police-Impaired Driving Conference still shows rooms for Thursday

https://safe.rivierahotel.com/cgi-bi...60):;IACPJIB;?,
                      I just booked Thurs-Sun under that link. Oops. I'm hoping for an IACP room key.
                      Last edited by sk00t; June 19, 2007, 00:56.
                      "Raise a toast to ... I think he might have been our only decent ."

Comment

Get those spots kiddies! if not you will be at Circus Circus and away from the fun....

- Dallas

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post

What may have happened:
                        Defcon reservations block(s) were moved back out to the public space for "normals" to reserve. (Just a guess.)

Another option is that another convention gave up their blocks freeing up the public blocks.
                        +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post

What may have happened:

Well I called even though thur-sat showed as sold on defcon block.
                          Thursday is sold regardless, but they gave me fri-sat for "defcon block"
                          I had the lady confirm it multiple times as I was booking it..

I have just called regarding the sunday, although it shows available on the site.
                          they state $164 if you call, and they are no longer accepting for the block.
                          Last edited by Synapse; June 20, 2007, 22:45.
                          Synapses, the spaces between neurons, are the channels through which our most fundamental traits, preferences, and beliefs are encoded. In short, they enable each of us to function as a single, integrated individual
                          -A synaptic self- from moment to moment, from year to year

Comment

I just booked my room at the Riviera by calling the front desk. I had to pay regular price for the night that where fully booked under Defcon block but had the defcon rate for the other nights.
                            /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Originally posted by dataworm View Post
                              I just booked my room at the Riviera by calling the front desk. I had to pay regular price for the night that where fully booked under Defcon block but had the defcon rate for the other nights.
                              Yep. It looks like that police chief's thing gave up some of their rooms too, to the public reservations block, because now, Thursday is available in the public reservations block:

Welcome to the Riviera-- where room availability it always in a state of flux... then again, maybe hey are just flux-ing around with their schedule. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X