Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Queer marker ideas?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Queer marker ideas?

    This always seems to be the most controversial aspect of Queercon... even more than the whole "same-sex fapping" thing.

    In the past we've used colors. So far we've done yellow, orange, and red. Red has the most history but the biggest restrictions, since it's the Goon colors.

    We could do specific articles of clothing (ties, hankies [a dangerous choice], underwear) or do pattern like plaid. The idea is to be relatively easy to identify for those who know, without immediately outing anyone.
    yah

  • #2
    Re: Queer marker ideas?

    Originally posted by euro12 View Post
    This always seems to be the most controversial aspect of Queercon... even more than the whole "same-sex fapping" thing.

    In the past we've used colors. So far we've done yellow, orange, and red. Red has the most history but the biggest restrictions, since it's the Goon colors.

    We could do specific articles of clothing (ties, hankies [a dangerous choice], underwear) or do pattern like plaid. The idea is to be relatively easy to identify for those who know, without immediately outing anyone.
    You could go with colored lanyards. They may be difficult to find, especially in all of the desired colors, but it is an option and would likely be worn by everyone with a Defcon Badge anyway.

    Another option is custom avatars, like people have done with the forums. A choice of a background color to place the avatar over, might be inconspicuous. (There is a thread from years ago, started by BlackWave that describes how tomake avatar badges. Just add a step to shrink the image enough to have a border with a color of choice.)

    Also, what color would be for, "I'm not asking, I'm not telling" ?
    Last edited by TheCotMan; June 21, 2007, 13:04. Reason: Changed thread link to correct one.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Queer marker ideas?

      ass-less leather chaps and leather cowboy hats.

      I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Queer marker ideas?

        you first, noid :)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Queer marker ideas?

          Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
          You could go with colored lanyards. They may be difficult to find, especially in all of the desired colors, but it is an option and would likely be worn by everyone with a Defcon Badge anyway.
          Looking into my giant bookmark file, you might want to look into the Lanyard Factory as they have some really out there lanyard designs in stock and ready to ship.

          There's an impressive leopard print selling for $2.10 each if you order between 50-99.
          Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Queer marker ideas?

            Originally posted by erehwon View Post
            There's an impressive leopard print selling for $2.10 each if you order between 50-99.
            lol... while that's a very, uh, fabulous idea...

            The giveaway idea is a cool one. Previously the marker is something you bring, not something you're given, but hey why be subtle about it.

            I wonder if they make nametags that are like

            Hi, My name is

            -----------------
            And I'm a Fag!
            yah

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Queer marker ideas?

              Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
              Also, what color would be for, "I'm not asking, I'm not telling" ?
              Why, that would be the color 'transparent'. I recommend you wear an entire outfit of it, just to be safe.
              yah

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Queer marker ideas?

                Originally posted by euro12 View Post
                Why, that would be the color 'transparent'. I recommend you wear an entire outfit of it, just to be safe.
                I thought you were going to say something like, "wear Olive Drab or Camouflage."

                Last time I considered a transparent outfit, lawyers showed me an Ecological Impact Report for doing just this, and then I was then told I would be arrested for killing endangered species if I chose such a wardrobe-- even in Las Vegas.

                One of them told me I could wear it in a controlled circumstance to help their relative that, "had made a poor 'choice' in lifestyle," so that they could be, "scared straight." I told them I didn't think it worked that way, but they didn't want to hear it.

                Back to topic: Clear and colorless is, "I'm not asking. I'm not telling." Ok. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Queer marker ideas?

                  Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                  Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.
                  Sorry, I just couldn't resist...
                  "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Queer marker ideas?

                    How about a G on the back of the hand? Or on the forehead if so inclined.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Queer marker ideas?

                      Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                      Sorry, I just couldn't resist...
                      heh-heh. :-)

                      Originally posted by astcell View Post
                      How about a G on the back of the hand? Or on the forehead if so inclined.
                      Is that because a g looks like an upside down 6 and a G looks like a 6? How many G's?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Queer marker ideas?

                        i think someone should look into making custom lanyards (perhaps in red or some distinct color) that say "REJECTED by eHarmony"

                        heck, you might even find a lot of customers for t-shirts like that if you try selling them to folks who show up at the party.
                        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                        - Trent Reznor

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Queer marker ideas?

                          Why not a sticker? A small circular sticker with a specific QueerCon-esc symbol (whether it's totally unique or a pink triangle or maybe even the lambda). This could easily be stuck on a badge, or an avatar or on clothing itself. We have stickers we use specifically for our pride events, and whenever we wear them at our events or at conferences they are always the hit of the party.

                          It's a nice way to inconspicuously identify the fellow queers... Now as to how we're suppose to differentiate between really cute young gay guys and the really young butch lesbians with their cropped hair cut and pulled back breasts - I have no idea (and I've made that mistake before!).
                          And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Queer marker ideas?

                            Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                            Why not a sticker?
                            That's a very nice idea! I think we'll do that one. Come for the Mixer, get your sticker, leave people no doubt as to your favorite body part during the Afterparty.

                            Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                            Now as to how we're suppose to differentiate between really cute young gay guys and the really young butch lesbians...
                            Wow... maybe a nut-check at the door? I volunteer.
                            yah

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Queer marker ideas?

                              Originally posted by euro12 View Post
                              Wow... maybe a nut-check at the door? I volunteer.
                              Ah, but then you'd be mislabeling the transgendered girls who identify as lesbian!
                              the fresh princess of 1338

                              What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X