New Site Looks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site Looks

I would say the new site looks really pawns :)

Nice work :)
    Key fingerprint: 0ABB 9D57 E4FB 2B66 3E7F FC5D 8A83 09AA 6A88 9DEB

Re: New Site Looks

Originally posted by semprix View Post
    I would say the new site looks really pawns :)

Nice work :)
    Are you writing about the defcon web site?
    http://www.defcon.org/ ?

(Was discussed in the now archived, no new posts allowed thread here. I don't remember other threads that are still open, which would mean this thread is perfectly fine.)
    Last edited by TheCotMan; November 15, 2007, 20:40.

Comment

Jamison roxed the update, a few more things to come, then it is on to unifing the look here and pics.
      PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Really nice work all the graphics and stuffs.

TheCotman nope Im not writing anything about the defcon site. Just a regular visitor

Comment

Originally posted by semprix View Post
          Really nice work all the graphics and stuffs.

TheCotman nope Im not writing anything about the defcon site. Just a regular visitor
          Heh-heh. Yeah, I probably should have typed "are you typing about" instead of "are you writing about" ... smartass. :-)

Ok, your comment was about http://www.defcon.org/ , and looking at it, it does look like it has gone through another major change. I didn't even check it when you commented about it, and made the assumption you were commenting about the last significant change.

I'm going to have to navigate around with the new site and see how I like it.

Thanks for noticing this and making a comment. Sorry about not being clear enough with my question.

Comment

Whoops,

The problems with all the https://www.defcon.org/ sending you back to non ssl pages is being worked on. We know! We know!
            PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
              The problems with all the https://www.defcon.org/ sending you back to non ssl pages is being worked on. We know! We know!
              wow... one of those top page links is my call to arms about volunteers for the hacking of sleep. i feel so honored there.

heh, maybe that will rally a few more people to the cause. right now only two other individuals are interested in trying this with me. heh, DT... you feel like going polyphasic with your sleep for a little while? although, i would assume that you are one of the few folk i know who seem to legitimately operate with zero sleep whatsoever, so maybe it wouldn't bring much benefit to you.
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                wow... one of those top page links is my call to arms about volunteers for the hacking of sleep. i feel so honored there.

heh, maybe that will rally a few more people to the cause. right now only two other individuals are interested in trying this with me. heh, DT... you feel like going polyphasic with your sleep for a little while? although, i would assume that you are one of the few folk i know who seem to legitimately operate with zero sleep whatsoever, so maybe it wouldn't bring much benefit to you.
                Yeah mate ive read that topic and tried to apply it. Its really good and brains is not going to be too much stressed out. But not really good applying in the office. lol

Comment

Very sexy site.

xor
                  Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Yes, very nice indeed... I like it.
                    Love is a Mental Illness

Comment

I've decided that the site looks good, but that I have had problems with navigation, and don't see place-holders (yet) for contests, events, and more Defcon16 specific stuff.

Complaint about navigation is my own problem... when I wake up in the morning, I have my laptop by my bed so I can start my day with fresh updates. That early in the morning, my eye-hand coordination isn't so good, and my ability to keep the mouse running a good horizontal within the 25 or so vertical pixes available in the submenus, when major topics are selects, becomes a problem. It is like <famous drunk driver> trying to navigate Lombard street at 30 MPH while asleep at the wheel.

Exmaple: I'll hover over archives, and then drag my mouse down to the "bluish band" and then hike to the left side to try to get to //Media Archives, and end up allowing my mouse the stray too high (select another menu topic, causing my selection of "archives" and its submenus to be displaced) or I go too low (and leave the blue band on the bottom side, forcing me to go back to "archives") and try again.

It feels like a sobriety test, and I'm losing. (heh heh)

Once I get to work, and am sitting or standing at a computer console, I have no problems "driving between the lines," and I'm still fine in the eve, when I get home.

Other than my inability to drive my mouse in a straight line in the morning, and not knowing how the contests/events and more defcon16 specific content might look, the site looks pretty good.
                      Last edited by TheCotMan; November 21, 2007, 16:17.

Comment

I love it. I especially love the fact that it still works when I increase the font size. I can't tell you how many piss poor, untested sites exist that look great in the default tiny fonts, but when old, semi-blind farts like me crank up the size, the formatting gets blown to hell.

Congrats! The new site is living proof that all of this esoteric crypto geek stuff can be beautiful at the same time as being fun and informative.
                        "Men entrusted with power, even those aware of its dangers, tend, particularly when pressured, to slight liberty." - , The Church Committee, April 26 (legislative day, April 14), 1976

Comment

I appreciate the ditching of steampunk for cyberpunk

This gets a thumbs up in my book
                          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                          [ redacted ]

Comment

Working...
                          X