"Freedom Downtime"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Freedom Downtime"

They have already released the VHS. Does anyone own it? Has anyone here seen it? Is it any good?

Re: "Freedom Downtime"

Originally posted by nulltone
    They have already released the VHS. Does anyone own it? Has anyone here seen it? Is it any good?
    In order:

No, yes, no.

Comment

Ahahahahahhahaha.
      Thanks for the detailed explination...
      Well, I guess I'll take your word for it, but if anyone else would like to post reasons why it sucks, I would (and I am sure others would also) appriciate it.

Comment

Ahahahahahhahaha.
        Thanks for the detailed explination...
        Well, I guess I'll take your word for it, but if anyone else would like to post reasons why it sucks, I would (and I am sure others would also) appriciate it.
        Because it's three hours of self-aggrandising crap. That's pretty much all there is to know.

Comment

Three damn hours? Holy shit.
          No wonder they didn't show it at Defcon...

Comment

Three damn hours? Holy shit.
            'Gone With The Wind' is damn near shorter than this yawnfest, and a far superior flick (read: engaging) than this pile of celluloid NyQuil (yeah, big fucking 'Q' on that).

As for not showing it at Defcon... I'll let that one go to someone else.

Comment

I saw Freedom Downtime at Phreaknic 4, almost like 2 years ago. It has some scenes that made you chuckle but so do some of my movies and I would never push them on people or make them pay for copies which I know Emmanual has plans for. It is for the most part a poor attempt at Michael Moore humor when I saw it and why it isn't being streamed from their site already boggles my mind. New name for the project should be called Creativity Downtime.
              tommEE pickles

Comment

I had never seen it before, but when I saw it last year, someone was saying they had changed it from it's original version, although I think it is still probably minor changes, because it did have a similar feel as a Michael Moore film.

simple3

Comment

Movie

Any rumours about which movie is on the list for this year, or if there will even be one?
                  justazero -
                  "Skepticism, like chastity, should not be relinquished too readily."
                  - George Santayana

Comment

movies?

We show movies?!?!?

heh

Comment

Re: movies?

Originally posted by russ
                      We show movies?!?!?
                      Sure, remember one year it was Key Largo, and the next it was Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and then the African Queen.... Oh, wrong convention......
                      justazero -
                      "Skepticism, like chastity, should not be relinquished too readily."
                      - George Santayana

Comment

Well I come for the convention, but I STAY for the free HBO.
                        tommEE pickles

Comment

Actualy, we didnt show it at Defcon cuz Emmanuel is a big crybaby. He wanted it shown when we were showing 'Enemy of the State' and when we told him 'no, we're showing enemy of the state then, we'll show it tomorrow' he got all huffy and bailed.
                          Then when we went to show it the next day, we couldn't find it. Guess he took his football and went home.

But you didnt miss anything. I actualy really was looking forward to seeing it at ToorCon 2 years ago, but afterwards I cant figure out why. Its mainly 3 hours of Emmanuel and his self indulgant crap. Whoever made the wannabe 'Michael Moore' comment was spot on. I hadnt been able to put my finger on it, but you pegged it.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Of course I didn't mean offense to Michael Moore, but being a wannabe is bad when you suck at it. With Emmanuel it doesn't stop at making a movie like Moore's but he goes on buying stipid domains and causing legal battles for the sake of soap boxing. The best quote I enjoy it from Chris in Hackers 95, "Information wants to be $4.95". Wait, isn't that film available in streaming format, I wonder why Freedom Downtime isn't, "Information wants to be free" right?
                            tommEE pickles

Comment

good movie

Now there's a movie to show...Emmanuel! I think there are about 20 sequels now. Emmanuel in Thailand... sigh. Is she still filming?

Comment

Working...
                              X