Hardware Hacking Kits Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hardware Hacking Kits Poll

Same here, depending on the contents of the kit, that would determine my purchase.

Comment

This will be my first defcon, so I know very little. One thing I do know is that dropping $50 on parts will be easier to explain to the wife than where it usually gets stuffed when in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by draengold View Post
        This will be my first defcon, so I know very little. One thing I do know is that dropping $50 on parts will be easier to explain to the wife than where it usually gets stuffed when in Vegas.
        Oh, DefCon has those, too.
        Thorn
        "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Kits will be $40 and $20 respectively. Details opening reg day of Con.

Quantities are so limited we anticipating selling out on Thursday.

Speculation on kits:

*May be useful as a tool for badge hacking
          *May be useful as a tool in Mystery Challenge
          *Are 'accessible' to those who are new to hardware (heck, you can come to the HHV and get lessons for free!)
          *Will require assembly (come to the HHV!)

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
            Hi ya-

We can tell you that these kits will be limited edition (as in we anticipate selling out the first day)-

LosT
            *Dons n00b hat and cloak*

I was wondering where we can get these kits from? If they are going to be sold from Thursday I assume they won't be in the skybox. I will be heading to registration on Thursday afternoon so was wondering if they could be purchased in the same place.

Cheers

Wodon (somewhat over excited about his first trip to Blackhat/Defcon/Las Vegas)

Comment

Our hope is to have a limited number of the kits in the Defcon schwag booth on Thursday, but that's not in stone. But assuming we DID do this, we would save back about half the kits for sell at our table in the vendor area. We won't sell out on Thursday because we're not going to put them all out there on Thursday. If you don't get one on Thursday, come by the HHV table in the vendor area on Friday morning.

Originally posted by the_wodon View Post
              *Dons n00b hat and cloak*

I was wondering where we can get these kits from? If they are going to be sold from Thursday I assume they won't be in the skybox. I will be heading to registration on Thursday afternoon so was wondering if they could be purchased in the same place.

Cheers

Wodon (somewhat over excited about his first trip to Blackhat/Defcon/Las Vegas)

Comment

i-hacked is in for at least one!

Comment

Now, if I can just hack my flight to make sure I get there in time...

Q
                  The mini-gun: making short work of slow people for 45 years!

Comment

Was a decision made one way or another to make kits available at the swag booth on thurs?

Comment

Yes. Some will be available on Thursday at reg. Not many.

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                        Yes. Some will be available on Thursday at reg. Not many.

At registration or swag booth? I didn't see any at the swag booth when I walked up.

Comment

I was there around 6:00 and got two... Had to ask as the display was hidden on the counter.

Comment

Originally posted by super View Post
                            I was there around 6:00 and got two... Had to ask as the display was hidden on the counter.
                            Yeah, picked one up myself about the same time. Haven't opened it yet, since the social scene kicked in. See you folks in the village tomorrow.

Comment

The kits are sold out.

Comment

They sold out extremely fast, which is a shame, as I was hoping to own one.

Comment

Working...
                                X