DC16 Best Quotes go here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC16 Best Quotes go here...

CP99 egged me on to post this cuz I think I forgot!

Best con quotes....(A couple of them lead back to Black Hat.)

"I just got done showing some movies. Now I have to go read an email from the FBI." -DT

"Yes, any turkey is a bird." ...on the choice of "fowl" as Titanium Chef ingredient. (How is turkey not a bird?)

more coming, those are just on the top of my brainzor.

(and as i'm writing this, I am in the process of learning that "the Lost Boys: the Tribe" is dissapointingly on the top 10 list of my worst movies ever)
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
    ======================================

Re: DC16 Best Quotes go here...

I have yet to see it, is it really that bad?

Comment

If you saw any of the dc949-ers over the weekend, these will make sense.

"I'm sorry, we can't hear you over the sound of our pants"

-

*Random Person* Looks at pants
      rp: You 949 too?
      me: yep... The pants?
      rp: ...... yep.

-

Another Random Person
      arp: Did you guys plan on having the matching pants or was it an accident?
      me: ..... I have never seen these other people before now.

Comment

On describing the nature of a trip to the bathroom:

Friend 1: Takin' a Duke?
        Friend 2: More like an Arch Duke.

More to come as I remember them...

Comment

Random person: Are you LosT?
          Me: No, I am not lost.
          Random person: No, I mean the guy that runs the mystery box contest!
          Me: I am nowhere near cool enough
          Random person: Oh, do you know where he is?
          Me: No, he is LosT!

I need extra garbage here because I can't just do quotes.

Comment

Haily: I'm not a Federal Agent I'm a prostitute!
            "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Over the mike during oCTF: "You have just been granted Ops status in #FAIL."

DA, handing me a circular chip from a certain place that I can't mention. "It's a yellow and black plastic circle. It says 'On the house' on it. Your thoughts?"

Fifth Octet team, after GETTING A SHELL, on a SHELL SERVER, by signing up for it on the webpage, for PseudoFlaw's OTB entry: "We got a shell! Here's the key!" They then provided us with SSH public key. Awesome.

"How about not being banned for life from DefCon instead?" Priest, in response to someone trying to barter a mistakenly provided goon badge for a black one.

<sound of rapidly-leaving footsteps> DT during the HackerPimps party, for reasons that should be obvious to those in the know.

Two most frequently-asked questions as I walked around in priestly vestiments on Friday:

"Are you a priest?"

"Are you Priest?"

My response to the second question:

"Outstanding! Your first DefCon, I see. Welcome."

"But they will say that on Monday." MySpace legal team re: terms of service that were cautiously avoided (and will be amended soon) during someone's Q&A.

"This is not a sprint! It is a marathon!" Me, to anyone passed out before 4AM.
              Last edited by sk00t; August 13, 2008, 22:36.
              "Raise a toast to ... I think he might have been our only decent ."

Comment

Ooh! Ooh! Forgot this one:

Someone, looking around at attendees during a talk:

"Man, what I wouldn't give for an iPhone 0day..."
                "Raise a toast to ... I think he might have been our only decent ."

Comment

Some chick came up to me Saturday night: "Why do I keep seeing all these people with mohawks and shirts that say 'Gay for Golgo'?"

Me: "Cuz we're Gay for Golgo. Now Recognize."
                  perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

"I do not currently, nor have I ever, worked for a U.S. Federal Government law enforcement or intelligence agency."

Comment

*everyone playing with their various EPeens, including Abby Normal playing with her treo*

To abbynormal: "Why don't you have an Iphone?"

*quickly, without missing a beat...*

"Because I'm not a FAGGOT."

Comment

The first three quotes of mine were the product of sleep-deprivation among TOOOL members working feverishly into the night with tools and design materials in order to get the LP Village ready for the weekend. They attained status of YTMND type quotes or something and were recounted all weekend long for almost no reason at all..

"I can't believe you've done this!" (total win. anyone who is having a bad day can watch that YouTube video over and over and over, getting a little bit better each time. i think that clip could cure cancer if played often enough to a patient)

"Yes or No?" (in reference to how one of our associates from over the ocean sticks that phrase at the end of many of his sentences)

"It's going to kill you fucking dead" (or some permutation of this. based on a joke post card concerning the Large Hadron Collider, this turned into a useful phrase many times over. we got things like "UPS... They're going to squash your cupcakes fucking flat" after that shipper managed to flatten an entire gift package of baked goods that a gal back home sent me, etc)

"Control your spawn!!" - me, shouting at incompetent parents who had the nerve to bring little kids to the Caesar's and let them run amok, crashing into everybody.

"Well that must have been Eric, because i was never a penis." - me again, laying in bed after our last day of trainings at Black Hat. i can no longer remember the exact context due to sleep deprivation and copious alcohol consumption... but i do recall that i felt so dramatically certain of my line of logic at the time.
                        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Not really a quote, but just something I realized:

There's those that have dyed the fountain.

There's those who've dyed the pool.

With our (and others) deal with Brawndo, We've dyed DEFCON.

Everyone who drank that shit was pissing, shitting, sweating, cumming GREEN! It's awesome! Makes me smile to myself every once in a while.

Comment

In the Track 2 Q&A room after my talk, during one of the fire alarms:
                            DCFluX: "Skybird, Skybird! This is Dropkick with a Red-Alpha message in two parts. Break, Break."

Numerous people in the Lock pick Village:
                            "Wow, a Yaesu FT-727R, I haven't seen one of those since back in the day."

In the restroom after Hacker Jeopardy:
                            DCFluX: "I can't believe this."
                            (All urinals and stalls occupied)
                            DCFluX: "I gotta gets a picture of this. Camera coming out!"
                            TheScaryOne: "NO PICTURES IN THE BATHROOM! EVER! PUT THE CAMERA AWAY!"

In a restroom stall after Hacker Jeopardy:
                            DCFluX: "Hey, someone left a Bud-lite tall boy in here."
                            TheScaryOne: "Sweet."
                            DCFluX: "Awwww, It's been used!"

In an elevator:
                            Leroy: "Hey guys! Check it out! I found this CD out by the pay phones!"
                            DCFluX: "Thats no CD, Thats a Road-apple."

Outside the Hardware village, 5 goons are removing someone:
                            Goons: "MAKE A HOLE!"
                            Us: "MAKE A HOLE!"

Unknown location after seeing a government issued smart card ID:
                            DCFluX: "Ah! So your technically a fed then. Would you like to be spotted?"
                            Anon: "Um, No. Please."
                            DCFluX: "You sure? You get a free shirt."
                            Anon: "Maybe tomorrow."

By the main bar:
                            Pork Chops: "Don't take this as an example of what an Irish Car Bomb is, this is what you'd get out of a cement truck."

During a certain Track 1 talk on Saturday:
                            DCFluX: "Jesus."
                            TheScaryOne: "This guy is going to get Vanned so hard."
                            Last edited by DCFluX; August 13, 2008, 10:53.

Comment

Some Minibosses quotes:

"Brawndo: it's got what Minibosses crave!"
                              "Vodka: it's got what Brawndo craves!"
                              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                              [ redacted ]

Comment

Working...
                              X