LockPicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R.J.
    Interesing. Will you be bringing this stuff to the con? I would like to see the more universal key, and if my key's notch is too long, I can dremel it down.
    I'll be carrying the key with me, but I do not think I will be bringing a box of cuffs along with me. I usually only bring stuff that I am willing to lose, and I don't want to lose my nice collection of cuffs. :) I do not recall the brand names or model numbers of the cuffs that comes with a longer notch, or support longer notches, and which support the shorter only... or else I would post it here.

One thing also is that some keys ( I think the cheaper models) have a smaller guage hole in the cylinder of the key and this also does not allow the key to set around the male part of the lock, or that sometimes the hole is not deep enough to allow the male part of the lock to set correctly, and thus not allowing the key to turn... just a few observations made... The better keys are made from a long cylinder and have a short notch so they may accommodate all standard locks. A key with a short notch, big and long hole allows you to enter the lock and if the notch is too short you can move the key in and out until you find what you are looking for so that you may turn the key. :)

Short Notch, Big Hole, Long Hole :)

This is for informational and educational purposes only...

Comment

anyone got pictures of the lockboards, speakers, your picks, at the con?

Comment

Originally posted by orbital
        anyone got pictures of the lockboards, speakers, your picks, at the con?
        Of course, to check out previous presentations, go here:
        Lockpicking 101 : Newbie Food
        http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.p...ht=newbie+food

Comment

Thanks blackwave , good shit!
          WHere in so-cal ya from?
          Im from san diego.

Looking foward to defcon for the first time!

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks blackwave , good shit!
            WHere in so-cal ya from?
            :) glad to be of service.
            I reside in OC, irvine/tustin area.
            Check out the main site's archives if you haven't already to prepare yourself what to expect... :) Gotta love it!

See you at the con, hopefully it will be a good experience for you.

Comment

Im hoping so! Mind if ask how much you plan to spend?
              How big is Blackwave's money roll gonna be?
              Trying to figure out how much in the hole im gonna go :)

Comment

Im hoping so! Mind if ask how much you plan to spend?
                How big is Blackwave's money roll gonna be?
                Trying to figure out how much in the hole im gonna go :)
                it really depends on what you plan on buying... :)
                my roll is classified at this time. I am not too keen on carrying cash or getting robbed.. ;)

Though for those whom believe in full disclosure click here:
                http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=420

Comment

Understandable :), might as well ask never know what info I can get.

So am I gonna be the only under 21 year old going or something?
                  Everyones meeting at the bars, and leaves poor ole 19 year old orbital in the dust.

*GRIN*
                  Hey maybe I can get one of those fancy computer kids to print me up a fake id :)?
                  Im sure theres gotta be someone there that would trade for a 10 gig harddrive ...

Comment

Im sure theres gotta be someone there that would trade for a 10 gig harddrive ...
                    Careful now, feddies are loose at the con, speak freely, act carefully. :) Try not to get into too much trouble. Anyhow there will be plenty of people to chat with that range from all ages

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I'm not a stupid kid, I just play one on T.V.
                      Interesting that the feddies actually do show up, god theres so much more productive things they could be doing... besides busting the average blue haired 16 year old, text file reader.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I'm not a stupid kid, I just play one on T.V.
                        Ack, reminds me of Dude, you're getting a Dell

anyhow how else do gov's domestic and foreign get their intelligence? ;) ;) ;)
                        I have the I LOVE FEDS shirt that matches my FEDS LOVE L0PHT shirt.. man, I love shirts.

Though every year I fail to spot the fed...

Comment

I know im looking foward to the lock board, I can't wait to take a crack at it and see if my skillz are still up to par
                          There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by L0nd0
                            I know im looking foward to the lock board, I can't wait to take a crack at it and see if my skillz are still up to par
                            LOL, in one of my electronic reports that is required to measure our improvement over time I created a new field and depicted in increase an lockpicking skills. I have a few locks sitting on my desks that I fiddle with when I have to get the gears up a notch.

Comment

Most of the feds there are cool, there to learn not bust people.

Of course, this assumes you follow the first rule of life: Thou shalt not be stupid.
                              R.J.
                              "All the subtlety of a chainsaw,
                              with none of the social graces."

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
                                Though for those whom believe in full disclosure ...
                                To my knowledge, cash amounts mentioned in that thread were costs of getting to and from the con. I'll be surprised if I have $20 on me around vegas, and wouldn't suggest carrying cash around to anyone else attending (especially you flightling)
                                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
                                X