• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie Track: surviving defcon and other related items

I'll probably make an appearance.

Comment

Will slides/minutes from the talk be posted?

While I'm no script kiddy in the technical sense, this is my first DEFCON, so having practical advice is something I'd love.

Comment

Originally posted by RuckusKnight View Post
        Will slides/minutes from the talk be posted?

While I'm no script kiddy in the technical sense, this is my first DEFCON, so having practical advice is something I'd love.
        Just because someone is new to DefCon doesn't make them a script kiddy, I don't know where you came up with that notion.

As for any slides/minutes being posted, it might happen after the event, though I'm not going to guarantee it. If you're looking for some practical advice, you should just show up for the event.
        Last edited by HighWiz; April 29, 2009, 14:43. Reason: Because I pruned the thread
        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

If time permits, maybe the attendees can write a question down on a 3x5 card and the speakers can sift through them for pertinent questions. We may not have time for a Q&A if this is to be a speed talk. Even taking 5 minutes at the end to answer 20 questions may be a valid move.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
            If time permits, maybe the attendees can write a question down on a 3x5 card and the speakers can sift through them for pertinent questions. We may not have time for a Q&A if this is to be a speed talk. Even taking 5 minutes at the end to answer 20 questions may be a valid move.
            Good idea! That's the same one Valkyrie had.

To clarify, the questions will be answered at the end of the entire event and not by the individual speakers after their talks.

The times of the individual speakers vary as well, depending on what they're talking about. We *should* have more than 5 minutes though at the end (hopefully).

We will be finalizing everything and making an announcement sometime in the next few weeks.
            And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

I like the sound of a Defcon101. I will definitely be attending...
              I will also shout a few appreciation beers to the organisers.

Comment

"I'm sorry, but all questions *must* be submitted in writing. And so, in the greatest of secrecy, I transported the entire population of Oompa Loompas to my factory here. "

Comment

Working...
                X