Shmooshicon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shmooshicon?

I'm all for some sushi. Perhaps we can get some hot sake going as well, make things nice and festive.
    Now known as Lord Nikon.

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
      CPAP eh? I hate the thing, but it does give me better sleep.
      We want pictures .... I do the Ambient deal. Works well, non-addictive, and if I do snore I can claim amnesia.

xor

Ps does this mean we can sneak into your room with matches and see if you spontaneously combust? That would be so cool. :-)

When it comes to sushi, I don't do east coast sushi; west coast yes. Something about east coast sushi, doesn't taste fresh. I acknowledge being crazy about this as I have no legitimate rational or exclamation for thinking this way.
      Last edited by xor; January 20, 2009, 05:22.
      Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
        When it comes to sushi, I don't do east coast sushi; west coast yes. Something about east coast sushi, doesn't taste fresh.
        maybe you're searching for the wrong things in your sushi... it's actually possible for the fish to be "too" fresh and thus have the wrong texture.

to quote Trevor Corson, author of The Zen of Fish: The Story of Sushi, From Samurai to Supermarket,
        Fish that are too fresh have little flavor. Fish flesh needs time to age as the muscle proteins break down into the components that produce tastiness. For most of sushi’s existence, in the age before refrigeration, the chef’s skill lay not in acquiring the freshest fish but in the techniques he used to preserve the fish long enough for flavor to develop without the fish going bad.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Ps does this mean we can sneak into your room with matches and see if you spontaneously combust? That would be so cool. :-)
          Not likely. CPAPs just use air, not an oxygen supply.
          "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
            maybe you're searching for the wrong things in your sushi... it's actually possible for the fish to be "too" fresh and thus have the wrong texture.

to quote Trevor Corson, author of The Zen of Fish: The Story of Sushi, From Samurai to Supermarket,
            D.O Sushi Yoda.

xor
            Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
              Not likely. CPAPs just use air, not an oxygen supply.
              If it's not o2 what's the point? Does it just force air up there; sounds uber uncomfortable.

xor

Comment

If it's not o2 what's the point? Does it just force air up there; sounds uber uncomfortable.

xor
                They maintain a steady pressure on your nasal cavity to push your soft pallet back so you can breathe properly while sleeping.

If you snore a lot there's a good chance you could need one too, if you're feeling tired a lot then you're not actually sleeping well.

They're uncomfortable at first, but they're not that hard to get used to. It's either wear it, or die early from a heart attack because your heart never gets to rest while you sleep.
                A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
                  They maintain a steady pressure on your nasal cavity to push your soft pallet back so you can breathe properly while sleeping.

If you snore a lot there's a good chance you could need one too, if you're feeling tired a lot then you're not actually sleeping well.

They're uncomfortable at first, but they're not that hard to get used to. It's either wear it, or die early from a heart attack because your heart never gets to rest while you sleep.
                  'nuff said.

Comment

Has anyone ever gotten sushi delivered while in DC before? A quick Google turns up several places that say they deliver, but I'm not certain the quality that could be expected from deliveries.
                    She understands, but she doesn't comprehend...

The day I stop learning is the day they put me in a box.

Comment

Good luck getting anything delivered to the hotel!

Comment

Alright, well, since folks seem up for it, we could all get sushi carryout and eat/merrymake together around 10:30 Friday. Sound like a plan?
                        The dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia View Post
                          Alright, well, since folks seem up for it, we could all get sushi carryout and eat/merrymake together around 10:30 Friday. Sound like a plan?
                          others are free to disagree, but that seems way too late in the evening... usually the SushiCon event (no matter where it takes place, and at what con) is around the more traditional dinner hour, no?

I was thinking more like 7:00 PM at the latest, heh, so that you have time for the fish to settle down in your tummy before you give them a rich environment of alcohol in which to frolic.
                          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                          - Trent Reznor

Comment

others are free to disagree, but that seems way too late in the evening... usually the SushiCon event (no matter where it takes place, and at what con) is around the more traditional dinner hour, no?

I was thinking more like 7:00 PM at the latest, heh, so that you have time for the fish to settle down in your tummy before you give them a rich environment of alcohol in which to frolic.
                            Heh, I just picked the first time that came to mind. :)

7:00PM is during the keynote, which may effect some folks that want to go. Perhaps 5:00?
                            The dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia View Post
                              Heh, I just picked the first time that came to mind. :)

7:00PM is during the keynote, which may effect some folks that want to go. Perhaps 5:00?
                              damn, talks run that late? let's say a half hour after Matt Blaze gets done? so 20:30?
                              - Trent Reznor

Comment

damn, talks run that late? let's say a half hour after Matt Blaze gets done? so 20:30?
                                Sounds good to me. Any disagreements, folks?
                                The dude abides.

Comment

Working...
                                X