Shmooshicon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shmooshicon?

None on my end for the 8:30, for what it's worth. I'll be lucky if I can get to the hotel from the train station before 5PM, since my rental-plans fell through.
    She understands, but she doesn't comprehend...

The day I stop learning is the day they put me in a box.

Comment

We are talking Friday night right? Unless something happens between now and then, I am game for take out. Cash and carry is a great way to go;)
      DaKahuna

Comment

I would say get ready and have diner early because plans are in the works for something interesting to happen on the Friday night. Look for updates from ShmooCon Central and HacDC.org

-Mr. E.

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
          CPAP eh? I hate the thing, but it does give me better sleep.
          I have a few ex's who were on CPAP machines. Always made for great Darth Vader / Princess Leia roll-play. ;-)
          There's a better form of security: Reconnect with the rest of the world, don't shut it out; stop making enemies and start making friends. Perhaps it's asking a lot to expect America to act differently from all the other empires in history, but wasn't that the original idea?' -Brian Eno

Comment

Originally posted by Banasidhe View Post
            I have a few ex's who were on CPAP machines. Always made for great Darth Vader / Princess Leia roll-play. ;-)
            Seeing as where you're posting (defcon forums), wouldn't that be more along the lines of 'Revenge of the Nerds' in the moon room? ;)
            A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Re: Sushicon

As for Sushicon @ Defcon, last year I did wait repeatedly as my order somehow was bumped down the list. and then after 20 minutes when it did arrive it was delivered to someone else. I didnt get as much sushi as I had planned because of the long waits.

I had no problems the previous year, and I think the other 2-3 people with me the last 2 years have been pretty happy with how things went. The bill at the end is always a massive mess though. I never order, beers, sake, ect.. so my bill is usually just the buffet only & a drink. So its easy to get a total..

I think the mass confusion in paying the bill comes from the beers and stuff that are per item charges. Not sure how that could be fixed.

The drive over to the location is always a small issue, but we have managed to Taxi it 2 years, and Taxi back 1 year, hitch a ride the other..

Actually crammed by friend into the hatchback of some guys car.

Comment

Re: Sushicon

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
                Actually crammed by friend into the hatchback of some guys car.
                I remember that...I may have been the driver.
                Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

Today is 1 week from Wednesday. Usually night of SushiCon and theres no word of if its on or not.. I'll we getting into Vegas sometime tuesday afternoon..

Are any plans in action? Reservations made? or it is a bust this year?

Comment

I'm game, as is my sister. We'll both be in on Wednesday, and I'll definitely have a car this time. The take-out thing didn't work too badly at Shmoocon, though.
                    She understands, but she doesn't comprehend...

The day I stop learning is the day they put me in a box.

Comment

I there is nothing here on firm plans, I'll move this to the forum that contains cancelled contests/events.

I asked about this last year, and the word was that it was going to happen this year, but nothing since then.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                        I there is nothing here on firm plans, I'll move this to the forum that contains cancelled contests/events.

I asked about this last year, and the word was that it was going to happen this year, but nothing since then.
                        Shmooshicon is ShmooCon specific.. SushiCon is what they are looking for, and that's still on.

Contact GM1 (GodMinusOne) for details.
                        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

If/When GM1 gets to check this...
                          Due to lack of much public information on SushiCon (Las Vegas) is this being moved to become a Private event like Quarks was?

I'll sen GM1 a PM with the same question.

Comment

That would be disappointing if it's canceled or falls through the cracks... I have already convinced a couple of my friends to specifically show up on Wednesday, in order to attend SushiCon, all of them new to DC.

Comment

If/When GM1 gets to check this...
                              Due to lack of much public information on SushiCon (Las Vegas) is this being moved to become a Private event like Quarks was?

I'll sen GM1 a PM with the same question.
                              The reason it's not discussed much before Con and GM1 usually only posts a week or so before for crowd control and to keep down the number of people who show up. So it may not be a horrible idea for you to say it's "canceled".
                              And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

what little insider info i have on this dictates that yes, it is still happening... so i wouldn't move it to "canceled" at this time, for what my word is worth.

we've seen a slow but steady march in recent years towards GM1 diminishing the lead time on the SushiCon announcement, in order to make some attempt at ensuring that it's more of just the "core" forum community that knows about it and attends, as opposed to casual one-time forum browsers who poke around here just because DEFCON has been appearing in the news.

i would suspect that some word will come down soon, so folk should keep fingers crossed just a little longer. if there was a room for it at the Riv, then i'd totally be all about the take-out idea like we did at ShmooCon. sadly, since it's soooo pre-DEFCON at that time, most spots would not be available to us and half the people are still likely to be at the Caesar's on Wed. night.

i'll be attending, but as always i won't make a really late night of it since i have to get up wicked early for the Shoot the following morning. sereyna, if there's a spot or two in your car... i might ask if i can stake a claim there.

EDIT: heh, HighWiz and i had post-collision. his idea isn't a bad one, either... maybe just a temporary move there, hah.
                                "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                                - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
                                X