No announcement yet.

gas question, non-exlax related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooh another use for my military id, cheap cohol!
    Thanks for the reminder octalpussy!

Comment

There's a new military ID now, so easy to fake, printed on plastic with a simple color printer (that can do PVC). Older ID was Dharder. But no one uses fake ID here.

Comment

Pic?

Do you have a picture of it, or an article about it? I'd be interested in seeing this.
        .: Grifter :.

Comment

Re: Pic?

Originally posted by Grifter
          Do you have a picture of it, or an article about it? I'd be interested in seeing this.
          I was giong to req this (in .TIF, large, and both sides..) but didn't think it was too pc... ;) I have a few card printers.. evil laugh.

Comment

Sorry I do not, I have the old fashioned ID card. I have seen pictures on military bases at the gate and the Exchange so the folks know what is authorized, heck I think there are even flyers out about how great they are. The picture is in color as well as the service emblem, but the rest of the card is pretty much boring, a lot of creative white space where they could have put a hologram. They take about 15 minutes to print, I guess because it's in color.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
              They take about 15 minutes to print, I guess because it's in color.
              They don't have a hologram overlay? Does it have any type of smart card, mag stripes, contactless mechanisms on it? Any manufacturer name on the card? You know for educational purposes and all. ;)

Comment

It's a standard smart card, with the little gold square with the contacts on it, but hey, do you know any normal people who can really scan the think to verify it? It's supposed to be able to hold lots of info on you, just the thing you want if you end up a POW right?

I cannot recall if there was a mag stripe, but I must say I was very unimpressed by it. Wish I knew you were interested, I was at the Air Force Base this afternoon, I would have looked for flyers on them. I'll check in a few weeks.

Comment

On those little smart chips on cards... my credit card company sells a reader for $19 I believe (could be more, I'm taking a wild guess from a vague recollection). It's supposed to be so that you can log into your account by just running your card through it. I'm guessing it could read other chips too, but that's just an unfounded theory.
                  the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    It's a standard smart card, with the little gold square with the contacts on it, but hey, do you know any normal people who can really scan the think to verify it? It's supposed to be able to hold lots of info on you, just the thing you want if you end up a POW right?

I cannot recall if there was a mag stripe, but I must say I was very unimpressed by it. Wish I knew you were interested, I was at the Air Force Base this afternoon, I would have looked for flyers on them. I'll check in a few weeks.
                    All I need is about an hour with it... :) can you draw what the contacts look like? I could probably tell you what kind of card it is, what os it is running, and probably have a few sample applets in one of these sdks... muahaha... would it be a common access card?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                      On those little smart chips on cards... my credit card company sells a reader for $19 I believe (could be more, I'm taking a wild guess from a vague recollection). It's supposed to be so that you can log into your account by just running your card through it. I'm guessing it could read other chips too, but that's just an unfounded theory.
                      depending on if it an ISO card or a USB card (doubt it) it will probably work in any ISO reader, you can even build your own reader from ratshack parts for under 50 or so bucks... they are often referred to as dumb mice.

could be fun to look at if anyone has one ;) sometimes you can check out parking lots at club after hours and find things all over.. just a tip for those ppl out there.. there are a lot of drunks and a lot of service ppl.. and often are not coordinated where they put their stuff when they are getting back in...

... of course I wouldn't know anything about this...

Comment

I once found an access card at a strip club, wow I bet that guy got busted big time. Just because you can make contact with the card does not mean that you can read it, I'll bring my old one from Thailand and you can tell me what it says about me (bed wetter, likes women and computers...)

Comment

ID

I have seen pictures on military bases at the gate and the Exchange so the folks know what is authorized
                          I will have to stop by the base within the week and see if I notice any pictures. **Plays Mission Impossible Theme**

Comment

If y'all like, I can report my current ID lost and get one of the new ones. It'll be a reserve dependent ID, so probably won't be exactly the same as the active ones, but I'm sure it'll have the same security features. Biggest things are usually the colour, sponsor's ssn in addition to mine, and lack of blood type, I believe.
                            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                              If y'all like, I can report my current ID lost and get one of the new ones. It'll be a reserve dependent ID, so probably won't be exactly the same as the active ones, but I'm sure it'll have the same security features. Biggest things are usually the colour, sponsor's ssn in addition to mine, and lack of blood type, I believe.
                              It would be good to see what they look like :) I have an idea of what they look like but I am not sure if what I think they look like are what is currently out there. ;) Wouldn't want to use something meant for later... that is terminator syndrome.

Comment

.mil ID

Not really worth saying you lost it over. It would just be kind of kool to see. Bring it to the con, we'll oooh an aaah.

Comment

Working...
                                X