Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you make your own food to eat in your hotel room at DEFCON?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you make your own food to eat in your hotel room at DEFCON?

Originally posted by RuckusKnight View Post
    Is there a gas station or something nearby?

I'm assuming NV isn't a bunch of pussies like PA and I can actually buy beer at a 7-11.
    There is a liquor store very close. I can't speak for NV as a whole, but Las Vegas has booze just about everywhere. It's like Disney World, except no kids and all of the adults have some kind of alcoholic (preferably frozen) drink in their hands at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPete View Post
      There is a liquor store very close. I can't speak for NV as a whole, but Las Vegas has booze just about everywhere. It's like Disney World, except no kids and all of the adults have some kind of alcoholic (preferably frozen) drink in their hands at all times.
      You surely see a different Vegas than the rest of us. The place seems, at times, to be just crawling with kids, and plumpish tourists from Kansas and Iowa, looking for the cheapest buffet with the most food.

There are several liquor stores very close (of course). It's Vegas.

Comment

Re: Do you make your own food to eat in your hotel room at DEFCON? - Celiac Resources

Originally posted by What View Post
        Food is one of the only things that has me concerned regarding going to defcon. Celiac(no gluten) + not trusting restaurants with food == a bit of a problem.
        Try here:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/t/18/1/Las...ly-restaurants

and here:

http://www.glutenfreeguidebook.com/tag/las-vegas/

and here:

http://www.glutenfreeregistry.com/gl...ch.do?state=NV

You can also just ask. Many of the servers are very helpful. Also, many of the buffets have gluten-free choices.

Regards,

Valkyrie

Comment

I always bring something to cook with at con. Surprisingly, my weapon of choice is a rice cooker. It does a hell of a lot more than cook rice (which I don't do at con). I have in fact reheated pizza quite effectively with a crispy (but not burnt) crust to boot. It's amazing how versatile it is. Of course, I also bring dried food (I have a dehydrator) to cook. I have in past years purchased a microwave, but bringing a rice cooker is less hassle than cabbing out to target and is actually more versatile than only being able to heat frozen food. You can cook veggies, rice, stirfry meat, etc. Reheated teriyaki is great!

Comment

Anyone know if the Mardi Gras food court is going to be open, I've heard rumors it closed.

Comment

Originally posted by mfreeck View Post
              I always bring something to cook with at con. Surprisingly, my weapon of choice is a rice cooker. It does a hell of a lot more than cook rice (which I don't do at con).
              I totally plan to cook rice in my hot pot this year at con. I have the most sensitive stomach in the world so bland is my best friend.

Comment

Working...
              X