Goofy Consolation Prizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goofy Consolation Prizes

You know we were going to be giving out "The San Francisco Treat" as a prize... dig back into your archives of game shows past and tell us what else is going to make a great prize... bonus points if you include where to acquire it in the Las Vegas area - TSA is going to be pissed enough about 10,000 pennies. Did I mention they are CANADIAN pennies? Har har har suckas!

Re: Goofy Consolation Prizes

A years supply of Turtle Wax was always a popular prize.

If you want to go back to the early days of Wheel of Fortune, then you'd have to include that porcelain dalmatian.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrcurial View Post
      TSA is going to be pissed enough about 10,000 pennies. Did I mention they are CANADIAN pennies? Har har har suckas!
      Oh my.....I recommend a flowbee
      "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

A gift certificate in the form of a e-card, but from a store that has gone bankrupt and no longer exists. (The anti-consolation prize, because it does the reverse of consoling someone.)

ArmorAll :: because they know you didn't win the car, so this can remind you of your failure.

A box of Rice Crispies :: mostly empty, like how you feel after losing in a game.

Bag of Lays potato chips :: after losing, this is another chance to turn to comfort food.

Am I helping?

[Edit: more ideas]
        A free trip to Las Vegas, NV! (From Las Vegas) (Trip-must-be-redeemed-immediately-taxes-not-included-one-way-trip-only-not-valid-for-people-in-Las-Vegas)

A tour of the Las Vegas Strip! (A full-day pass to ride the Deuce -- public transit bus that runs the strip) -- hey, this one might be useful; I'm sorry about that.

Lottery Tickets -- Make the losing last

A replica of the Luxor hotel (Pyramid -- get it? The name of the show? This is like a funny joke, only different.)
        Last edited by TheCotMan; May 28th, 2009, 21:47.

Comment

How about the Keys to a Brand New Car! - Just the keys, we have no idea where the car is
          Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman View Post
            How about the Keys to a Brand New Car! - Just the keys, we have no idea where the car is
            Aquire the keys from someone that's playing the slots. Award them to the winner and tell them the car is somewhere in Vegas.
            A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

1/32 scale replica of a barcalounger?

Anything that makes that irritating "you got it wrong, douchebag" buzzer sound would be nice. In theory anyway, if you made it shiny.
              ----------------------------------------
              Fraternal Order of Locksport

Comment

No not losing tickets. They're actually useful. You can use them on your tax return as gambling losses. And while we're at it, the prize's fair market value must be claimed as income by the IRS.

Here's a link to the 1099
                http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1099msc.pdf

@Render
                You could make a contest of that. The actual car is in a parking lot, if you find it before security finds you, you can keep the car.

Comment

I have listened to your suggestions, they area ll very helpful and I have gone about acquiring some great prizes. Not going to disclose them before the game, but they are most definitely awesome!! Keep the suggestions rolling I'm listening!
                  "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Just another suggestion for you. Whomever is hosting it, has to wear a polyester leisure suit, preferably lime green.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
                      Just another suggestion for you. Whomever is hosting it, has to wear a polyester leisure suit, preferably lime green.
                      I believe that would be Myrcurial and I as his assistant, probably booting the poor losers off stage, lol. I for one will not wear lime green :-P
                      "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
                        I believe that would be Myrcurial and I as his assistant, probably booting the poor losers off stage, lol. I for one will not wear lime green :-P
                        I am in the process of acquiring an appropriate get up - and I for one will not be trying to tell Nikita what to wear!

And I've been practicing my game show host voice - it's cheeze-tastic!

and the pennies are about 60lbs. :)

Comment

I am in the process of acquiring an appropriate get up - and I for one will not be trying to tell Nikita what to wear!

And I've been practicing my game show host voice - it's cheeze-tastic!

and the pennies are about 60lbs. :)
                          at 60lbs, $100 should cover the 2nd checked bag and overweight bag fee for domestic travel on-board many airlines....
                          I wonder if you could pay them in pennies...
                          but if you did, your load would be lighter, and you may not need to check a 2nd bag once you've paid for it...
                          wait. Canadian pennies?

And my obligatory content for being on topic:
                          Some game shows would have local events, like a trip to a local eatery for a meal, or something similar. If the prices for access to the weight/exercise room at the riv are cheap/free, then a pass to that could be another suggestion for a prize.

Another could be the opportunity for "your name" to appear on the big screen. Assuming you have a laptop, you could briefly change the score-board to display their name, or quite literally, "your name," on the "big screen" for a few seconds.

A can of beer (if over 21) or redbull.

Comment

I'm not saying I'm a model by any means but I was thinking of hamming it up a little. Of course the majority of my ass, torso and breasticles will be covered, If Myrcurial wears something vintage and or cheesy I will too!
                            "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by renderman View Post
                              I like this one. I have brand new, 2009, un-programmed Chrysler keyfobs laying around from the last job. I am more than willing to donate a few of them.
                              Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

Working...
                              X