Goofy Consolation Prizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goofy Consolation Prizes

If the grand prize is 10,000 Canadian cents, maybe a consolation prize can be 101 Canadian scents. Renderman, don't take a shower.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
      If the grand prize is 10,000 Canadian cents, maybe a consolation prize can be 101 Canadian scents. Renderman, don't take a shower.
      I'd be willing to donate a 3 day defcon worn pair of socks if you like
      Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Other classic game-show booby prizes include "a copy of our home game!" and a set of Encyclopedia Britanica.

Comment

Originally posted by evel aka matt View Post
          Other classic game-show booby prizes include "a copy of our home game!" and a set of Encyclopedia Britanica.

Since Defcon does not have a home game, maybe we can replace it with a DVD of "The 40-Year Old Virgin."

Comment

From the 2009 Gameshow awards...

FAVORITE PARTING GIFT NOMINEES

Home Version of the Game
            Jiffy Pop Popcorn
            Lee Press-On Nails
            Mr. Coffee Machine
            Rice-a-Roni
            Ronco Chop-O-Matic
            Set of Ginsu Knives
            Supply of Dentyne Gum
            TIMEX Watch
            Turtle Wax
            Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

When we were cleaning out the garage and attic recently, Daisy came across a case of old tapes that she and her girlfriends had for some sort of summer camp or something back in middle school...

and would you believe what we found in there?!?

heh, that could be a consolation prize, but it's almost too good... i may want to use it as a runner-up prize in one of the lockpick contests or something. we shall see.
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

I see MC Hammer and NKOTB in there too! This discovery is a potential goldmine.
                "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Is there going to be a donation booth at con where we can bring the items? Anything unfit for HJ swag or Uncle Ira can go here. :-)

Comment

Just looking at those cause a grimace of horror.

Comment

oh my god, more comedy gold... i think Daisy saw this at a yard sale or something, fuck knows where. this has to come with me to DEFCON as a prize for something...

"I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                        oh my god, more comedy gold... i think Daisy saw this at a yard sale or something, fuck knows where. this has to come with me to DEFCON as a prize for something...

Please for the love of spongebob tell me that there's enough time to replace the cards with photo's of DC principals and regulars. Then we'd have the definitive home game!
                        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman View Post
                          Please for the love of spongebob tell me that there's enough time to replace the cards with photo's of DC principals and regulars. Then we'd have the definitive home game!
                          heh, if someone wants to take a whack at it, i'm more than happy to upload high-res versions of those cards to my web server.
                          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Give it away? Heck we gotta play it and master it! I saw "The Last Starfighter", I know what happens when you win these sorts of games....

Comment

I dunno, those cards are pretty excellent as they are. "Flo P. Disk" and "Meg A. Bite". heh.
                              It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

Working...
                              X