Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool non-con stuff in vegas

Hey;

I have never been to Vegas so I will ask this question of those who have been before.

Other than gambling and boozing ( I won't have ANY problems finding my way to that..heh) what would you all say was worth doing while in vegas (outside of the con of course) Me and a buddy are going and we will be arriving Thursday and leaving Monday to allow for some intentional side activities.

We're gonna check out that Star Trek ride (yes I'm a Trekkie but you won't see me in some goofy uniform with Vulcan ears or anything)

Any other quasi-geek stuff in Vegas we should plan a little time to see? Also any input on generally cool Vegas things to see/do would be appreciated.

I could ask google but how would I get the insight of my fellow geek by googling?

Thanks!:D

blades

i am bringing my blades so i can skate around vegas to see it all.

Comment

Re: blades

Originally posted by Fused
      i am bringing my blades so i can skate around vegas to see it all.
      That would kill me, seriously, I would just die from some kind of failure... con-failure?

Comment

kill me too

yeah in 100 plus degree desert weather my fat ass would melt from skating around the block in rollerblades let alone the entire city.

Comment

Fly Away

Chris and I were talking about trying to hit "Fly Away" while we're there. That looks pretty spiffy. Skydiving without all that nasty planetary matter racing towards your face.

Comment

things to see and do

Check out the Stratosphere (sp) and take the rides up there.. nighttime is better.

Last year I also took the tour of Hoover Dam. That was more interesting that I thought it would be. Take the Hard Hat tour, and you get to go all around inside the walls.

tw

Comment

Don't think they're doing Hard Hat tours at the dam anymore...last time I looked on their page, they were only doing self guided tours :(

Comment

Re: things to see and do

Originally posted by TechnoWeenie
                Last year I also took the tour of Hoover Dam.
                I think russ was planning to tour the beaver dam this year
                perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Re: Fly Away

Originally posted by russ
                  Chris and I were talking about trying to hit "Fly Away" while we're there. That looks pretty spiffy. Skydiving without all that nasty planetary matter racing towards your face.
                  Yeah man...I still want to do this.
                  perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

also..

I have already booked tickets for two different shows..

"O" and another one... Vegas shows are kick ass..

tw

Comment

Shows

"O" and another one
                      Sounds like someone is going to see "Uncle Tommy's Ass Puppet Bonanza"
                      .: Grifter :.

Comment

Fine! I'll be the first to bring it up. Brothels. There I said it.

"Prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas and the surrounding Clark County. But, the closest brothels are the Chicken Ranch and Sheri's. They are located 60 miles west of Vegas in Pahrump. Both brothels offer first-rate, unrushed parties without interruptions from intercoms"

Feel free to check:

http://www.nvbrothels.net/

http://www.sherisranch.net/

Not advocating anything, just pointing it out.
                        Life is white,
                        and I am black.
                        Jesus and his lawyer
                        are coming back.

Comment

intercom interuptions?

Wonder how good the video from those places are..?? I know in Amsterdam.. EVERYTHING was taped..

There is so much action in LV.... (just not at con)..

tw

Comment

intercom interruptions

Not having any personal knowledge of this, but....

some places still have intercoms in the Lady's rooms to remind them when time is short or an appointment arrives, doesn't matter what they may be involved in.

guess that would be kind of like getting a windows error in the middle of some really cool game you just started.

coitus interruptus?!
                            Life is white,
                            and I am black.
                            Jesus and his lawyer
                            are coming back.

Comment

Re: intercom interruptions

Originally posted by wetw3rx
                              coitus interruptus?!
                              Also that I have no idea what I am talking about... ;)

But I have noticed that there are those who know when you are done, and those who keep asking if you are done...

Just because I close my eyes for a minute or two, doesn't mean I am done! :D

Comment

Working...
                              X