No announcement yet.

Anyone brings a lock board to defcon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as the mag stripe reader goes, bring it. If anyone has a writer, bring it too..

As far as Defcon being 'weapon free', as skroo said, define 'weapon free'. We dont want firearms in the 'common' areas. Anyone who practices good gun safety wont have them there anyways, as alcohol and drugs dont mix with firearms. Every year we get a few shit-house lawyers that want to test the constitutionality of this, and we show them the door. Then the hotel decides if they want to show them Vegas Metro. Firearms violations are taken very seriously in Nevada, especialy in Vegas. But your room is a different story. Your hotel room is to be considered (legaly) a temporary domicile, therefore you can have as many guns in your room as you feel nessecary. The only caveat to this is remember where you are. Defcon's really not the best environment for firearms. People get drunk, really really drunk, and putting them near firearms is just irresponsible. If you do bring firearms, keep them locked up and out of sight unless you are going to/from/at the Defcon Shoot. If you bring a bunch of guns, your room probably isnt the best location for that all night kegger. Drunk people + firearms = theft and accidental discharges. As with anything, be smart about it.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

What appears to be some good info on magstripe encoding, reading, and writing.

And those schematics look decent, I might look in to actually building one.
      R.J.
      "All the subtlety of a chainsaw,
      with none of the social graces."

Comment

I have one of those steering wheel locks with a real funky key, it has little dimples in the sides of the key and claims to be pick-proof. Sounds like a challenge to me, should I bring it for testing, or are they right and you'll admit defeat right away?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          I have one of those steering wheel locks with a real funky key, it has little dimples in the sides of the key and claims to be pick-proof. Sounds like a challenge to me, should I bring it for testing, or are they right and you'll admit defeat right away?
          I think most claims for high security locks use the words:
          virtually pick proof
          -or-
          pick resistant

I don't think I have seen a lock that claims to be 100% un-pick-able

Remember that locks are only meant to slow you down.

Comment

Apparently these can be busted up with freon and a hammer, but I'd like to see if it can be compromised without damaging it. They say if the lock is compromised and your car is stolen that the company will pay your deductible. How you prove the lock was compromised I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
              but I'd like to see if it can be compromised without damaging it.

http://www.abus.de/eh/EHTZ01.htm

Here is a class that one can take for 5c, I am not too sure if they will just let your hacker x take the class without any previous locksmithing certifications..
              Creating and using special keys to open dimple key locks
              http://www.mbausa.com/ndle.htm

Comment

Yup that looks like it! I always used to put it on my car steering wheel with the lock facing the horn, it was hard enough to get the key in the lock nevermind trying to pick the thing.

$500 though. But hey you can take the class and find 50 folks interested at the con.

I bet it takes a while to pick too.

Comment

Working...
                X