DEFCON Shoot Sign-Up Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DEFCON Shoot Sign-Up Thread

With work, and such, I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I will be there.
    As last year, I have a Rem 700 (.308) and my XD-40.
    This year I have brought my POF 415 (5.56).

Of course, these are all available to use with my supervision.

Comment

Hey guys,

Definitely sign me up.

I have no guns or ammo, but I do have a bit of cash.

I arrive Wednesday night from the airport, and have no ready transportation.

If anyone could give me a lift from somewhere near the strip, I would much appreciate it.

Cheers

Comment

I'll come with 3 friends of mine.

majinboo:

Guns: [_]
        - Unarmed

Transportation [_]
        - None: Requesting seating if available

Shirt [X] = L

Free_Man:

- Unarmed

Transportation [_]

Shirt [X] = L

Crashfr :

- Unarmed

Transportation [_]

Shirt [_] = None

Virtualabs :

- Unarmed

Transportation [_]

Shirt [_] = None

Comment

I am looking forward to my first DC shoot this year (in a few days) and didn't think I could make, yet again, it until recently. My hats off to you for continuing this tradition and I hope to be at all the rest. I have been to DC on and off since DC9 and had always missed the shoot. Well, it will be good to get out there anyhow. All I have is a S&W 9 but my friend will bring some of his gear and extra ammo for others. I know I am probably too late for a T-shirt but if there is a chance you have any big T’s available 5x?, I will take it knowing there will be extra $$ needed. Thanks and see you all there...

J-Man
          Guns [X] - S&W 9mm
          Transportation [X]
          Shirt [X] - 5x (if possible)

Josh
          Guns [X] - 22, 9, 308?
          Transportation [X]
          Shirt [_] - none

Comment

Hi there! Going to DC for the first time this year and I plan to be there for the shoot. I'll be with one friend and we both with have our guns and have transportation. Looks like it is going to be a big group, should be a fun time!

Comment

I'm not going to be able to bring any guns down with me, but assuming it's no problem to shoot others, then I'll plan on picking up some common ammunition and heading out. We'd have room for 2 more people in our car, and would likely be leaving right from the Riviera. My email is deconstructed at gmail.

Comment

G'day,
                I come from a country that is quite restrictive in terms of firearms.
                I would love to take part in this, but have no guns and because I flew in, I have no ride.
                I am more than happy to throw in for ammo and fuel if someone could be awesome enough to pick me up.
                I feel a bit of a skeeve having nothing more than cash to throw to this but it would be really cool to use some guns that are illegal in my country.

PS. I will also be keen to shout beers as a thankyou for the privilege of being allowed to use such awesome hardware.
                Last edited by TheBigMan; July 28th, 2010, 17:48. Reason: Beer
                One of gods own prototypes.
                Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Comment

Curses! Still going to be there, but many toys shorter. Only bringing the Uzi and can. See drunken water pump rant for all the details. Short of it is -- only one toy, I need to catch a ride (hackbus would rock!). No med kit, no extra tables, still all in the back of my offline overlanding rig holed up somewhere in the heartland of America. Pisser. I'm completely bummed at not being able to bring the other toys; maybe next year. ARG! Now I gotta come up with something cool to do to not be a complete poser...
                  TSA luvs my Uzi.

"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot

Comment

I am at the Riv now and plan to attend the shoot, but need a ride. I know I saw something on one of the threads that people need rides should meet at the Riv lobby at 6:30, I thought. By the 'lobby' do you mean near the registration desk? Also, I have no guns, ammo, or safety equipment as discussed, so hope I can borrow someones firearm, borrow safety equipment, and buy ammo, I would appreciate it. Just wanted to put it out there that I am looking for a ride and make sure I dont miss the meetup. Thanks.
                    “I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.”

Comment

Originally posted by number006 View Post
                      I am at the Riv now and plan to attend the shoot, but need a ride. I know I saw something on one of the threads that people need rides should meet at the Riv lobby at 6:30, I thought. By the 'lobby' do you mean near the registration desk? Also, I have no guns, ammo, or safety equipment as discussed, so hope I can borrow someones firearm, borrow safety equipment, and buy ammo, I would appreciate it. Just wanted to put it out there that I am looking for a ride and make sure I dont miss the meetup. Thanks.
                      I don't run this event, and I am not there this year. It is run by Deviant Ollam. He is the one that posts information where, when and other related items:

Site: http://deviating.net/firearms/defcon_shoot/#when

Originally posted by url
                      WHEN IS KICKOFF

The DEFCON Shoot takes place on the Thursday prior to the start of DEFCON. We begin rallying all interested parties in the lobby of hotel around 06:30 and get underway by 07:00. The shoot itself starts at 08:00 and usually ends between 10:00 and 11:00.

We always hope to be be back in our vehicles and departing by 11:00 in order to be back at the Riviera with plenty of time to spare so that all folks working DC101 or attending the ToxicBBQ have time to clean up, change, etc.
                      To better describe this so you can see what has happened previous years...

Here is a map of DC18 stuff:
                      https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-18/dc-18-map.jpg

In the past, we've met really early in the AM at either the inside/outside of one of two different glass doors:

1) The glass doors near the "REGISTRATION" desk on the map above (defcon badge registration.) As shown on center of map where badges have been sold. (From that desk, look down and to the right to see the windowed doors and step.)

2) The glass doors near the "B&W Ball / Chillout space" left side of map. The doors and steps are to the right.

You can also try emailing Devian Ollam. His email address is on that url at the top. Almost nobody uses the forums while at Defcon, and I would not expect him to check into the forums either.

Another thing that has happened is cars line up near both doors with people hitching rides and sharing cars. If the HackBus will be there, that should be another indication you are in the right place.

When you show up to these locations, ask around to find the people involved. If that does not work, try email ~6:30am. Most of the people that go to Defcon don't check the forums while at Defcon.
                      Last edited by TheCotMan; October 26th, 2011, 22:10.

Comment

I will be in the lobby, and have offered rides to a couple of people who posted. Since I was unable to bring any guns, I was hoping to at least stock up on some common ammo. Does anyone have a favorite place I might try to stop by on the way out? I'd plan on getting some .45ACP, .40, .22lr and maybe .223 or x39 (I will reread the thread). Does that sound reasonable? Are people genuinely cool with unarmed people coming along for the fun? I'm a quasi-serious amateur shooter, so I'm well versed in safety as well as operation of most common weapons.

Comment

I slept through my alarm, damn you jet lag.... =(
                          Maybe next year.
                          One of gods own prototypes.
                          Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Comment

I'd still like to secure my shirt, where can I catch up with someone?
                            Looks like you guys had a good time!
                            Cheers

Comment

I posted a few high speed videos on youtube under my astcell account.

Had a blast. But folks? if you want to shoot and offer to pay for ammo, them please pay! I raised $49 after some $500 of ammo was fired off. Don;t just walk away. Not cool. next year I'm gonna be tougher on gun borrowers.

Comment

Working...
                              X