X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Ninja Badge - LAME

Listing on Ebay.. 1 Bid - $ 300

http://cgi.ebay.com/Defcon-Ninja-Par...item19be6f2fc0

If only we knew who it was so their lameness could be...immortalized....

There is also a listing for $ 2,000, which I figure is a joke. Now if all the money went to eff...then not so lame.
    +++ Dallas +++

Re: Selling Ninja Badge - LAME

As much as I would have loved to have one, that is not how I want to obtain it.
    Vell, WiK's just zis guy

Comment

I couldn't imagine parting ways with mine, it may be the one badge that makes it to Con every year from here on out, ninja battles at defcon made standing around and drinking beer at the pub all the more awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterVandal View Post
        I couldn't imagine parting ways with mine, it may be the one badge that makes it to Con every year from here on out, ninja battles at defcon made standing around and drinking beer at the pub all the more awesome.
        The Ninja Networks guys work hard on these badges every year. They are full of love when they are made and full of love to the community when they are handed out. To see love on sale at ebay makes the eris sad. Shame on you jjyw. Shame.
        "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Originally posted by eris View Post
          The Ninja Networks guys work hard on these badges every year. They are full of love when they are made and full of love to the community when they are handed out. To see love on sale at ebay makes the eris sad. Shame on you jjyw. Shame.
          Wouldn't whoever buys it have the name of the individual?
          Originally posted by Ellen
          Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

On this subject matter...

With thanks to EFF/Dallas/Hackajar/Chris Nelson and some others, I will be auctioning off one of the special boss ninja badges (one of the pirates!) that was left under the chillout room stage for the EFF starting ~Monday, with a posting up sometime Friday or Saturday.

I'm just waiting to make a demo video first (will probably make it on Friday), as the pirate avatar is only seen during battles (uses a ninja avatar for everything else). Most of the boss badges were black, but this is one of the few (maybe only?) red ones... so without the demo, the badge looks like any other normal ninja badge.

You can catch a preview of the posting here:
            http://glitch.fm/0xABCDEF/ninjabadgeauction.html
            | | |

Comment

Whoa, seeing some of the DC Stuff people try to sell on ebay makes me scratch my head, do people really buy stuff like room keys and schedules?

Comment

Special jerk-face points because the badge on Ebay is "New in Box, never removed"... if you're not going to use it, don't ask for one.

Comment

This could pretty well tangent into suggestions/requests/feedback for the ninja badge team should they welcome such input...

I don't want mean to hijack a thread but also not sure where to post these ideas, on-forum:

Suggestion #1 (in light of this) 802.15.4 lojack-esque mesh network badge recovery system :)

Suggestion #2 - bathroom mode. Just a quick 45 second break so that we don't get attacked while 'draining the main vein'.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterVandal View Post
                    I second that. I already have plans to stockpile batteries for next year, so that I can pass them out to anyone that needs them, to keep the game going.

BRING IT ON!...and on... and on... This badge rawked my con.

On that note, is there a need to build a new badge next year? Just program an upgrade for the software/firmware and create a station to upgrade the badge next year (a fix that won't "kill" the character you've already leveled, gotten inventory for etc.)? If you're not attending Con, you can "loan" your badge to someone that is. Otherwise, you already have your Ninja Party Pass for DCXV. Maybe produce a few dozen more to replace a few broken ones, give out to those that missed-out but should have gotten one, invite a few more folks. I mean really, BarKode, W0z, cstone, cnelson, skrike and the rest of the Ninja Krew really out did themselves this year. They deserve to relax for a few years and have time to create something TRULY epic to try and top this one. (Not that I don't think you kids aren't already scheming. ;)

I'll be bringing my badge back again.. at least through DCXX. Even if only for the epic battles. Although it will be rather pointless if Vandal and I are two of only a handful of folks that feel this way.

But I digress. My apologies. This thread was to dress-down the id10t auctioning their Ninja badge. Let that stand as it may. Lame move +++. I'm sure someone will buy that badge, get their docs and out them for the scene to know as the poor example of a human that they are.
                    Last edited by Banasidhe; August 5, 2010, 06:51. Reason: Forgot my place
                    There's a better form of security: Reconnect with the rest of the world, don't shut it out; stop making enemies and start making friends. Perhaps it's asking a lot to expect America to act differently from all the other empires in history, but wasn't that the original idea?' -Brian Eno

Comment

2 notes

1. New In the Box - Totally agree..who gets a badge and then doesn't use it, very lame.

2. Auctioning the one above (legit) for EFF. This is a special badge provided specifically for auctioning to raise money for eff.. vs the one I originally spoke of which is just..lame.

Originally posted by falconred View Post
                      Special jerk-face points because the badge on Ebay is "New in Box, never removed"... if you're not going to use it, don't ask for one.
                      +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Ok..

You can have my Black Ninja Badge.. for lets say.. hmm.. 1MILLION DOLLARS... (as I put my pinky finger in my mouth).

getting and not using it. sad.

Props to the Ninja Badge team... even I was in awe.

TW

Comment

Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
                          Wouldn't whoever buys it have the name of the individual?
                          Depends and could be a good way to find out but then again, the ebay account could be listed under a business name as well. If I had the scratch for it, I would buy it just so it didn't make it's way out of the community that appreciates being given one of the Ninja Badges.
                          "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

I'd like to repair a broken one if there are any available so it can be displayed next year in the HHV.

Comment

Originally posted by WiK View Post
                              As much as I would have loved to have one, that is not how I want to obtain it.
                              I am with you on this sentiment. If I were given a badge it would be regarded as unique and treated as such.

I believe someone stated that there were instructions that came with the badges, that it was NOT to be put up on eBay. I could be mistaken on this though.

Comment

Working...
                              X