you folk should participate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you folk should participate

anyone who saw this at ShmooCon this year knows that it was a really amazing systme. to know all of the crazy work (both hardcore skilled coding as well as brilliant hackey/kludgey stuff) that people like lolo, gdead, and others from TSG did to get it running is to really appreciate the genius of the project.

events in the Hack side (i.e. - submission of flags, etc) have immediate repercussions in the TF2 field-of-play (i.e. - higher power weapons spawn for one team, opponents get randomly spun around in circles)

and vice-versa... capturing a flag or otherwise doing kickass things in the TF2 game will lock out other teams' abilities to submit tokens in the Hack challenges for a brief period. that's actually how this year's team won... it was down to the wire and an event in the TF2 game prevented the submission of a flag that had recently been owned in the Hack side of the game.

anyone who can field a team should seriously wrangling your people and coming out to play. as a no-skill newbie i will gladly just sit by and watch all the action unfold on the big-screen monitor and observer system they have rigged up.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: you folk should participate

And they are going to have a cool space to set it all up in. Get your teams together and announce yourself here to get the excitement building. Talk smack, too. :-)
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
      And they are going to have a cool space to set it all up in. Get your teams together and announce yourself here to get the excitement building. Talk smack, too. :-)
      I can't wait to see it this year! It's going to be amazing.

Comment

So we're getting everything organized presently. We'll have some updates (including a website) shortly. The game is actually basically ready to rock right now. We learned a lot from doing this at ShmooCon and it's quite refined. Plus, we have The Crate (tm) for transportation. This is _the_ event to participate in.

Comment

Will there be any teams assembled on location? I would like to participate but do not have a team, nor do I know of anyone that will be there and would like to do this with me. (I would like to join in at least on the gaming side, I am to much of a newb to be much help on the hacking side of things)

Thanks.

Mhason

Comment

Working...
          X