lane sharing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lane sharing thread

as specified on the Registration page for the DEFCON Shoot, the only thing you really need in order to attend is to be registered and badged in. attendees are allowed to use any lanes, provided the lane is "open"...

people who reserve shooting lanes get to have control over those lanes, allowing friends or associates shoot there during the time allotted. naturally, i'm assuming that most of these lanes will be semi-private, used by groups of friend who go in on it together.

however, if you are looking for groups of other people to join you in the use of a lane that you'd like to split... feel free to post here.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: lane sharing thread

I plan on getting a lane 11-12, anyone want to grab one 10-11 to have a full 2 hours to shoot?

I'll have my nfa mac-10, and some other non-nfa toys, and possibly some steel targets if allowed (I asked in another thread).

At most I'll have one other (inexperienced) person with me.
    Last edited by seeess; June 27, 2011, 11:17.

Comment

seeess, I'll have a serbu super shorty, maybe we can have a little nfa section :-)

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
        seeess, I'll have a serbu super shorty, maybe we can have a little nfa section :-)
        sure, let me know when you're committed (if you want to buy a 10-11) and i'll pay for a 11-12 spot. If not you can probably free load anyway.

I have a KEG-12 out on form 4 for 2 months now, might be cutting it close especially with the 5320.20 unless i do that early or something. Then we can dual wield short shottys.

I also have some dragon's breath but I dont know what the site looks like (if there are things that could burn) so i'll probably leave those at home.

Comment

Okay I just bought a 10-11 time frame.

I'll also have a high speed video camera if anyone wishes video slowed down 10-40x. Bring a fast SD card!
          Last edited by astcell; June 27, 2011, 14:01.

Comment

cool, I grabbed a 11-12 with my badge. I also have a lage max upper for the mac10 but i have to tweak that a little.

Do you have a casio high speed camera? I have one of the pocket ones that does up to 1000fps, though realistically 240fps is about the max that still keeps enough resolution.

Comment

I'll PM you so we don't fill the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                Okay I just bought a 10-11 time frame.

I'll also have a high speed video camera if anyone wishes video slowed down 10-40x. Bring a fast SD card!
                I'll remember to toss my SD in the range bag this time. Awesome footage from last year, man.
                "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Originally posted by seeess View Post
                  I also have some dragon's breath but I dont know what the site looks like (if there are things that could burn) so i'll probably leave those at home.
                  you are quite correct in your concerns. much of the scrub brush and whatnot out there is very dry and half-dead from the arid conditions, Dragon's Breath would be a pretty risky proposition out there.

(I should even make a note to have some fire extinguishers out there on site)
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

I`ll be paying for a lane as soon as I find out if the UK is classed as an un-free country (and saves me $5!). I sent an email to the address on the pay site, but an answer here would be just as good :)

High Speed camera? Ooo yes please... time to round up any "spare" SD cards in the office...

Comment

Originally posted by Zorlac View Post
                      I`ll be paying for a lane as soon as I find out if the UK is classed as an un-free country (and saves me $5!). I sent an email to the address on the pay site, but an answer here would be just as good :)

High Speed camera? Ooo yes please... time to round up any "spare" SD cards in the office...
                      You guys cannot even have a pocket knife there!!!! And if it was indeed free, there would not be a USA. That's my vote.

Comment

I would have to backup astcell on that.
                        I plan on being there again and while I have not decided what all to bring, I will be bumming around.
                        mage2atbleedingwounddotcom
                        KeyID 3B535825D9402365
                        FingerPrint C2AA E142 8826 BAE3 9C2B AA0C 3B53 5825 D940 2365

Comment

uhm, yeah... the U.K. is basically the pinnacle of an "un-free" country in the context of the modern, developed world. there may be a few places with a worse record of respecting liberties (places in wartorn parts of Africa maybe?) but at least there you can have firearms when you're 8 years old.

face it, the U.K. has practically become Singapore with blood sausage.
                          - Trent Reznor

Comment

OK, signed up and paid... havent paid for a lane, as I saw its nicely balanced at 7/7 for the two hours, but if another lane is required, I can do that....

Comment

I'd like to partner with some people in a lane so we can get it for the whole 2 hours. I'll have 2 friends with me. How much room under the canopy will there be? Assuming we share with another group of around the same size that's 1 shooter and 5 guys standing behind- might be a bit cramped.

Comment

Working...
                              X