• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StealHead
    replied
    Re: Who is organizing DefconKids?

Originally posted by chs View Post
    Then they aren't security goons it sounds like. Looks like you'll just be using speaker goons.

I posted this in the other thread, but I guess this one is more active so I'll repost:
    I just confirmed that no security goons will be working the DefCon kids rooms, unless of course the kids get totally out of control and try to take over ;)

Leave a comment:

• StealHead
    replied

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
    Uhhh, I think you might have replied to the wrong post.
    Sorry about that let me go edit.

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    replied

Originally posted by StealHead View Post
    They sign the waiver for liability reasons predominantly see DTs post on the subject https://forum.defcon.org/showpost.ph...4&postcount=32

There will also be a guideline section about how we can kick you and your kid out at any point and what is expected out of the parents and kids attending.

If you don't want to sign it then don't attend DefCon Kids.
    Uhhh, I think you might have replied to the wrong post.

Leave a comment:

• StealHead
    replied

They sign the waiver for liability reasons predominantly see DTs post on the subject https://forum.defcon.org/showpost.ph...4&postcount=32

There will also be a guideline section about how we can kick you and your kid out at any point and what is expected out of the parents and kids attending.

If you don't want to sign it then don't attend DefCon Kids.
    Last edited by StealHead; June 30, 2011, 18:38.

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    replied

Nothing in the past has ever prevented anyone, goon or human, from bringing their children to defcon and allowing them to participate in anything and everything defcon-related up to maybe the age-restricted parties. We've never asked for so much as a name, let alone ID and signing of lawerly forms, so why are we doing this for two little rooms during the con?

I could be incorrect, but I believe the purpose of this is to have activities geared specifically towards children.

Leave a comment:

• chs
    replied

The goons that are working the door's are already set, they are goons that helped organize the event and will be vigilant in making sure that no parent or child leaves independently of each other.
    Then they aren't security goons it sounds like. Looks like you'll just be using speaker goons.

I posted this in the other thread, but I guess this one is more active so I'll repost:

Nothing in the past has ever prevented anyone, goon or human, from bringing their children to defcon and allowing them to participate in anything and everything defcon-related up to maybe the age-restricted parties. We've never asked for so much as a name, let alone ID and signing of lawerly forms, so why are we doing this for two little rooms during the con?

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    replied

The goons that are working the door's are already set, they are goons that helped organize the event and will be vigilant in making sure that no parent or child leaves independently of each other.
    That sounds like a challenge... JOKE.

Leave a comment:

• StealHead
    replied

Really? We will?

Just so you know, if someone slips me a few bucks, or a beer, or is a really hot chick who I have no chances with whatsoever but asks me nicely, I'll totally let slip the docs.

Leave a comment:

• StealHead
    replied

Originally posted by kallahar View Post
    Can I bring my nephew to kidcon?
    The lawyers are working on the guardian issue.

We will post the lawyer form when we have it, here in the forum and on the website.

Leave a comment:

• Tacitus
    replied

A goon will all ways be stationed just inside the two rooms and will be securing all documentation, checking all appropriate ID and having the parents sign the lawyer like forms. If someone tries to photograph or lift those papers I think we all know what will happen to them.

How about we have a ceremonial shredding and burning of all documentation after the event in the parking lot?

So, with waivers and all I guess there are some legal questions that come up, im sure your lawyers have handled this but I'd like to ask...

Do you have the waiver available for review beforehand? If you have Defcon staff checking IDs does that mean they will check when the parents leave to make sure they have their kids? What are you suggesting Defcon staff does if a kid tries to leave without a parent? a parent without a kid?

Does the fact that Defcon staff will be checking IDs increase or decrease the liability on Defcon if something happens (hey, they had their staff there, they were negligent etc.)?

IANAL, but I think you would want to keep the liability wavers on hand for years to come, not destroy them at the end of con, you might have to wait until the statute of limitations runs out on anything that you might need the waiver for to prove you are indemnified against whatever somebody might sue over? If this is the case, who keeps the forms? Is there a privacy policy associated with these forms?

Leave a comment:

• chs
    replied

Originally posted by dc0de View Post
    Also, I'm with CHS, a good blowjob from a REAL GIRL, (not a Justabill girl) and those docs are hers...
    Shit. A good blowjob from a REAL girl and I'll fucking kidnap one of those kids for her.

Leave a comment:

• dc0de
    replied

Really, you want the Goons to "guard" the kidcon?

Hahahaha.... I smell shenanigans... just sayin.

Also, I'm with CHS, a good blowjob from a REAL GIRL, (not a Justabill girl) and those docs are hers...

Leave a comment:

• chs
    replied

A goon will all ways be stationed just inside the two rooms and will be securing all documentation, checking all appropriate ID and having the parents sign the lawyer like forms. If someone tries to photograph or lift those papers I think we all know what will happen to them.
    Really? We will?

Just so you know, if someone slips me a few bucks, or a beer, or is a really hot chick who I have no chances with whatsoever but asks me nicely, I'll totally let slip the docs.

Leave a comment:

• kallahar
    replied

Can I bring my nephew to kidcon?

Leave a comment:

• StealHead
    replied

Nico is running the show, I work with Nico.

We have other veteran goons also working DefCon kids.

How about we have a ceremonial shredding and burning of all documentation after the event in the parking lot?

Now a little about me: Last year was my first as a goon, so I would consider myself total inexperienced in the goon world but luckily I am working with very experienced goons that make all the real decisions concerning DefCon Kids.

Hope that clears things up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X