More reasons the Alexis Park sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More reasons the Alexis Park sucks

I called today to confirm my reservation, since I'm just a little paranoid. I also asked to verify my rate. They said that it was $175 before tax! I said that no, it wasn't... they quoted me $163.50 after tax, and that's what my credit card was charged for the first night.

Now they're saying that if I want that room, I'll pay that price. That isn't legal, is it? I mean, I'm no lawyer, but when you have a verbal agreement entered into by an agent acting on behalf of the company, and that agreement is secured in good faith through a credit card deposit, then it is binding, right?

I'm REALLY pissed over this. Of course, they said I'm free to cancel and go somewhere else, but I won't get my deposit back! Since I'm staying 6 nights, that $30 difference adds up to $180 for my whole stay. It's not really enough that I want to involve a lawyer, but it's enough that I'm really pissed about being dicked around.
    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Re: More reasons the Alexis Park sucks

Originally posted by octalpussy
    I called today to confirm my reservation, since I'm just a little paranoid. I also asked to verify my rate. They said that it was $175 before tax! I said that no, it wasn't... they quoted me $163.50 after tax, and that's what my credit card was charged for the first night.

Now they're saying that if I want that room, I'll pay that price. That isn't legal, is it? I mean, I'm no lawyer, but when you have a verbal agreement entered into by an agent acting on behalf of the company, and that agreement is secured in good faith through a credit card deposit, then it is binding, right?

I'm REALLY pissed over this. Of course, they said I'm free to cancel and go somewhere else, but I won't get my deposit back! Since I'm staying 6 nights, that $30 difference adds up to $180 for my whole stay. It's not really enough that I want to involve a lawyer, but it's enough that I'm really pissed about being dicked around.
    Raise hell about it when you get there. It is always easier to get satisfaction about BS like this in person. Also, once there they won't be getting any more bookings so you can pretty much say "well then, I'll go stay elsewhere." and they likely won't get someone to get the room because most everyone else would've made arrangements to be staying somewhere anyways.

Just enlist some support from other people around and I'm sure you can make a big enough scene that they'll realize that it's only $30 a night and say fuck it.. You'd think they'd know better than to piss guests off at this particular event ;)

-PoT

Comment

The AP is just pissing more and more people off... When does that agreement end again?
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

I've never had a problem w/them. I got my room for a flat $128, and had no problems the past 2 years either. The only people I don't like there are the fuckers that server the fast food lines. They are snotty fucks ..
        " I want to believe all of these things? But you caught me at a bad moment and I can't. "

Comment

More problems with the Alexis Park

I booked my room in early january via the website. I booked a crown loft. When I booked that room it was a two story two bedroom in march I went back to the site to show the room to the person I am rooming with. The room setups have changed the room I booked was changed to a royal type J when i contacted the alexis via E~mail I was replied to rather snottely by a woman named lindsy holiday I believe who told me that the site handn't been changed in over a year and i was wrong but i cold change my reservation to a royal type J for around 220 a night.

After aruging with Ms. Holiday for a week back and forth over E~Mail we asked her to downgrade our room to the monarch and just roll over the extra payment and forward an updated cost and left over amout to me, that was around 4 months ago i've sent her several E~Mails and still haven't gotten a reply. After checking around i found the proof I need to prove that the room i booked was the two bedroom- thanks to the internet archive.

as of jan 24.

http://web.archive.org/web/200111112...+Suites&step=4

and the currnet listing for the crown
          http://www.alexispark.com/pages/page...0Suites&step=3

I've called in twice to see if she downgraded my room or if I can get the room i actually booked for the price i booked it at but all I can get are the lover level flunkies. To bad i didn't inhearet my mothers argueing genes.

I still haven't been told that the reservation is non-refunable maybe i should call and cancel before they tell me anyone know if there is still room next door ant the st.tropez?
          alas the battle goes on.
          Nuke 'um till they glow
          then shoot 'um in the dark
          babalyon(sp)5

Comment

My reservation is OK

Just to double check, I called, and my reservation has not changed. The dates are correct, and so is the pricing.

I would suggest that when you register, you politley try to argue your case, try to have some proof, like the pre-billing on the card for the first day. If the hotel and you can not come to an agreement, shop around, you may find a cheaper room.

Not sure what else to recomend. If the room is still available, but it is just the price that is stoping you, you can try to bluff about just going somewhere else, and for them to credit back your card.

good luck

tw

Comment

I called to confirm all of our reservations today and check on making restaurant reservations at a couple places too. Alexis has ours correct $129 each night for 2 nights. They also said there are no more rooms available.

Comment

Well the AP did basically the same thing to me as op and d0gcomplex.
                I was fortunate that I used an Amex card and even got my deposit back.
                When I spoke to them they were rude as hell, so I opted to stay elsewhere. If I am paying good money for a hotel stay I fully expect to be treated as a valued customer. Not some trash that blew in off the street.
                Those fuxors can kiss my arse, they will never get my biz again.

I have to agree though, wait till your there and in your room. Then pitch a fit....you will get better results.

Perhaps someone should shoot a nastygram to the CEO of Hotels Nevada, LLC
                Apex

http://www.shadowbiz.net

Comment

my army of GOONS

i can get some 1337 cyber army goons up and we can make a raid on them and take them for what they got and steal some payphones while we are at it. if that would help. i am really good with chemicals.:( i am goin to call and see if they did anything to my room

Comment

Actually, I told the woman that if they weren't going to honour that price, that I was going somewhere else. She said "That's fine, but your deposit is non-refundable, so you're not getting that back".

Incidentally, I have NEVER had a problem with the Alexis before. I stayed there for DC 7,8, and 9, and each time, I had exemplary service. Even when I had a problem with my credit card last year, the night manager bent over backwards to help me resolve it.

I guess I'm going to calm down, and see what happens when I get there. If they won't fix it, I'll spend a few bucks to get a lawyer to harass them, and report them to the BBB.
                    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Now I'm getting also paranoid about MY room! Interesting how we all have dofferent rates fr the same room, I got the basic room for $103 per night after taxes.

I would call and re-re-r-re-confirn but they may be getting ticked off at all the phone calls they are receiving. I wish we could verify our reservation online!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        I wish we could verify our reservation online!
                        That was another option that went when they changed their site.
                        you used to be able to confirm change or cancel your reservation online.
                        Nuke 'um till they glow
                        babalyon(sp)5

Comment

Maybe they don't want us there next year? Do we have other options? is there a Plan B?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                            Maybe they don't want us there next year? Do we have other options? is there a Plan B?
                            I think DT has a contract for at least the next year or two.

Wasn't it a five year contract?

Can we get a goon in the know to let us know how many more years the we have left at the alexis park and if we have a plan for a location after the contract is expired maybe someplace with more air conditioned confrence space

don't get me wrong I love the alexis for the con plenty of space indoors (although last year was a little croweded(sp) durring some of the talks.) lots and lots of room outdoors.

but with the way they seem to be trying to screw us maybe we should look for another space after the contract is up.

On the hand of the alexis park i can see why we may be a problem several thousand geeks decending on the hotel many drinking way too much some doing way to many drugs the acts of vandalism ie stolen payphones, oil in the pools, stickers all over the place and such not to mention those damn lights we do cause a little havoc
                            Nuke 'um till they glow
                            babalyon(sp)5

Comment

A contract is an agreement, and something is expected of both sides. The rates being raised on us is not good, but I am sure the AP wants their payphones and lights in working order. They are supposed to be checking out rooms for damage before folks leave, so you better BELIEVE that I am going to do a thorough inspection when I check in! I advise you to do the same! I'm glad my rates will not be higher to cover other damage I did not do.

Comment

Working...
                              X