Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When/where is the Forum meet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When/where is the Forum meet?

    Seriously. Maybe it's the couple 13, 14 Mickey's (the Official Unofficial beer of the Forum Meet) that I've had today, but I've read all the threads and I STILL don't know when/where this is planned?

    Thanks for the help. Cot will 0wn this thread once it's brought to my attention that I missed the most obvious post.

  • #2
    Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

    7pm, pavilion number 3. Friday night.
    "Haters, gonna hate"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

      Originally posted by Nikita View Post
      7pm, pavilion number 3. Friday night.
      7? I thought it was 9?.. Change of time this year, I guess... Learn something new everyday.
      And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

        Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
        7? I thought it was 9?.. Change of time this year, I guess... Learn something new everyday.
        yeah, earlier so it can be a starting point where people meet and then go to the other things, usually those start around 9.
        "Haters, gonna hate"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

          Originally posted by Nikita View Post
          yeah, earlier so it can be a starting point where people meet and then go to the other things, usually those start around 9.
          How long is it going to run? I only ask because I wanted to come but 7 I'll be setting up Goon Band stuff and the show runs until 9. It'll probably take me 20-30 minutes to tear down so best case I can get there at 9:30.

          We have two other admins that can represent at the meet, but I was hoping to make it...plus those two other admins had best be at the Goon Band show moshing.
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

            Originally posted by Chris View Post
            How long is it going to run? I only ask because I wanted to come but 7 I'll be setting up Goon Band stuff and the show runs until 9. It'll probably take me 20-30 minutes to tear down so best case I can get there at 9:30.

            We have two other admins that can represent at the meet, but I was hoping to make it...plus those two other admins had best be at the Goon Band show moshing.
            Goon Band is on my "must see list" of things to do. I plan to be there no matter what else I may miss.

            Also, we have a total of 4 admins now... Converge is back with admin controls for his DCG work, and as you know, DT was made an admin a year or two ago.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

              Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
              Goon Band is on my "must see list" of things to do. I plan to be there no matter what else I may miss.

              Also, we have a total of 4 admins now... Converge is back with admin controls for his DCG work, and as you know, DT was made an admin a year or two ago.
              So does that mean that Roamer will be expecting DT to mosh too?
              And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

                Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                So does that mean that Roamer will be expecting DT to mosh too?
                I expect to see YOU moshing WITH DT. I put a song in the setlist almost specifically FOR you. You'd better show up and bring your army of rainbow wielding geeks with you.
                perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

                  wait.. will there actually be rainbows that they wielded during Goon Band, or are you pulling my leg
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

                    Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    I expect to see YOU moshing WITH DT.
                    I can do that... He's one of the few people at DefCon that is near my weight class.


                    Originally posted by converge View Post
                    wait.. will there actually be rainbows that they wielded during Goon Band, or are you pulling my leg
                    Like Mothafuckin' chinese stars
                    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

                      Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                      I can do that... He's one of the few people at DefCon that is near my weight class.
                      Lie, Highwiz your like 20lbs lighter than DT, so I think that means your not in the same weight class.




                      [qoute]Like Mothafuckin' chinese stars[/QUOTE]
                      yum chinese food rocks.

                      On another note I'd like to thank Bbox for taking over the fourms meet this year for me, I've been in and out of the hospital all year and won't be able to make it. Good luck and may everything turn out good for you.
                      "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

                        Originally posted by lil_freak View Post
                        On another note I'd like to thank Bbox for taking over the fourms meet this year for me, I've been in and out of the hospital all year and won't be able to make it. Good luck and may everything turn out good for you.
                        Thanks for your hard work combined with Nikita's hard work to plan and work the previous Forum Meet. Thanks also for understanding when we had to offer it up for someone else to lead this year. It is GREAT to see you online again. after hearing so much in the way of difficult life-changing events, and only hearing about you and your status through Headrush with long breaks between updates. Happy to see you back here, even if you won't be at con this year. (I'm actually going this year. :-)

                        Be well, get better, and you always have next year.

                        -Cot

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

                          Originally posted by lil_freak View Post
                          On another note I'd like to thank Bbox for taking over the fourms meet this year for me, I've been in and out of the hospital all year and won't be able to make it. Good luck and may everything turn out good for you.
                          lil_freak,

                          I am sorry to hear of your medical struggles and am very happy to hear you are on the mend. It is my pleasure to be your place holder this year. I will attempt to hold it together until your able and willing to return to command. If there is anything in particular you want done for you at this event let me know (PM anytime) I know everyone loved what you had done in the past and am sure everyone is looking forward to your return.


                          How long is it going to run? I only ask because I wanted to come but 7 I'll be setting up Goon Band stuff and the show runs until 9. It'll probably take me 20-30 minutes to tear down so best case I can get there at 9:30.
                          Chris,

                          I am not sure of the official time of ending (I am still learning my way around Defcon procedures) but I will guarantee I will keep it going till 10:00 if allowed so I can meet you and any of the other regulars that want to attend after the Goon Band plays face to face and give you and the others a chance to gather at the Forum Meet and go off to more adventures!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

                            Wait... Moshing?!? There's going to be a mosh pit?!? Where? When? Chris why the hell didn't you mention this to me!?!
                            Lving my life in the gutter so you don't have to.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

                              Originally posted by priest View Post
                              Wait... Moshing?!? There's going to be a mosh pit?!? Where? When? Chris why the hell didn't you mention this to me!?!
                              He did! Right here on the forums! Didn't you read about it?

                              Welcome back! After being away and active on the dc-stuff mailing list are things on the forums like you remember them?

                              BTW, I don't know if I told you this, but ages ago, we lost the avatar you (and 4 other people) had as part of a move. Feel free to upload a replacement. Until then, your avatar is all-black. You can change it in your UserCP: Edit Avatar.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X