Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When/where is the Forum meet?

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
    He did! Right here on the forums! Didn't you read about it?
    Good point. Now that I am reading the forums... ;)

Welcome back! After being away and active on the dc-stuff mailing list are things on the forums like you remember them?
    Thank you. Unfortunately work being work I don't get to spend as much time as I would like and dc-stuff mailing is easier to follow (and not have to be devious about the work firewall. Go figure this. We have to get authorization to visit sites considered HP even though that's a part of what we do for a living... Gotta love .gov bureaucracy) than here. But I am back and it is different. Much less... Spirited than before. Perhaps because we are all getting older...?

BTW, I don't know if I told you this, but ages ago, we lost the avatar you (and 4 other people) had as part of a move. Feel free to upload a replacement. Until then, your avatar is all-black. You can change it in your UserCP: Edit Avatar.
    [/quote]

What was my avatar before? I don't remember...
    Lving my life in the gutter so you don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak View Post
      Lie, Highwiz your like 20lbs lighter than DT, so I think that means your not in the same weight class.
      You are absolutely correct. I was trying to be nice and give DT something to strive for...

I've been in and out of the hospital all year and won't be able to make it
      You're in my thoughts and heathen prayers.

Originally posted by priest View Post
      Wait... Moshing?!? There's going to be a mosh pit?!? Where? When? Chris why the hell didn't you mention this to me!?!
      There was some minor moshing last year. Especially between Viking and Tuna. Sadly, Viking has said that he may not be moshing this year, so the status of the "mosh pit" is still undetermined at this point.

What was my avatar before? I don't remember...
      I think it was you drinking the blood of a virgin.

Originally posted by Bbox View Post
      I am not sure of the official time of ending (I am still learning my way around Defcon procedures) but I will guarantee I will keep it going till 10:00 if allowed so I can meet you and any of the other regulars that want to attend after the Goon Band plays face to face and give you and the others a chance to gather at the Forum Meet and go off to more adventures!
      Bbox, So far you've done a bang up job of organizing and coordinating the forum meet, this year. If the meet turns out to be half as good as it looks like it will be, then I definitely owe you a beer this year.
      And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
        There was some minor moshing last year. Especially between Viking and Tuna. Sadly, Viking has said that he may not be moshing this year, so the status of the "mosh pit" is still undetermined at this point.
        Tell Viking I said that if he doesn't show up I am going to announce at the start of every talk that his handle is officially changed from Viking to Peggy Sue and make sure everyone calls him that since he is such a Nancy boy and wussing out.

Furthermore if I can get a hard time lock on the start you will feel a tremor in the floor from the stomping of jackbooted feet and hear a combination of <stomp> <stomp> <stomp> and deep throaty bass "GOON! GOON! GOON! GOON!" chant as the Security Goons come a moshing.

As Jackalope can attest seeing a phalanx of Sec Goons enter the room in tight formation then deploy into an impromptu mosh brings new meaning to the term Shock and Awe. I think the last time we did it during her set several people wet themselves and a few of the kids tripping on E and waving the glow sticks had to go into intense inpatient psycho-chemical therapy because of the sight.

I think it was you drinking the blood of a virgin.
        I can neither confirm nor deny that I drink the blood of virgins or eat N00Bs and if I did engage in such acts and I am not saying that I do... Or don't... Any photographic evidence of such would be classified and not in the public domain. Ergo it must have been something else.

Comment

T

Furthermore if I can get a hard time lock on the start you will feel a tremor in the floor from the stomping of jackbooted feet and hear a combination of <stomp> <stomp> <stomp> and deep throaty bass "GOON! GOON! GOON! GOON!" chant as the Security Goons come a moshing.

We start at 8 PM Friday on the stage in the contest area. For what it's worth, our opening song was MADE for moshing. Couldn't have picked a better moshing song unless it was Caught in a Mosh by Antrhax...which it isn't. You'll have to be surprised
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            We start at 8 PM Friday on the stage in the contest area. For what it's worth, our opening song was MADE for moshing. Couldn't have picked a better moshing song unless it was Caught in a Mosh by Antrhax...which it isn't. You'll have to be surprised
            You're singing one song though, right?
            And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

You're singing one song though, right?
              Depending on how practice goes Thursday night and if we drop shit, I'm singing 3. Russ is singing the rest.

Comment

Depending on how practice goes Thursday night and if we drop shit, I'm singing 3. Russ is singing the rest.
                There's only one song you *need* to keep. You know which one I mean.

Comment

There's only one song you *need* to keep. You know which one I mean.
                  It's staying in. NO DOUBT. 99.9% chance I'm singing it. My voice (hehe...if you want to call it that) is not the best for that song...but fuck it, I have been laughed at befroe

Comment

It's staying in. NO DOUBT. 99.9% chance I'm singing it. My voice (hehe...if you want to call it that) is not the best for that song...but fuck it, I have been laughed at befroe
                    No one is going to laugh at you or give you a hard time about it, guaranteed. I can prove it. Who's the only person at con that would ever tell you to your face that you weren't awesome?

Comment

Tell Viking I said that if he doesn't show up I am going to announce at the start of every talk that his handle is officially changed from Viking to Peggy Sue and make sure everyone calls him that since he is such a Nancy boy and wussing out.

I've always hated the name Peggy :) and besides, I've had a year to forget the pain of accidental chiropractic adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by viking View Post
                        I've always hated the name Peggy :) and besides, I've had a year to forget the pain of accidental chiropractic adjustment.
                        Heh. Then we expect to see you there. And yeah. As I get older the recovery takes longer. For some reason though I don't seem to get wiser about it though...

Comment

So, since the forum meet starts at 7 instead of 9, those of us at the DCG meet are somewhat left out in the cold? Or is my timing mixed up?

SIGH I know, DC requires some hard choices. O well... I would have sent a cardboard cutout of me to the forums meet, but I could not find enough cardboard.
                          The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

Comment

Considering the time ranges, I plan to go to both :)
                            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
                              Considering the time ranges, I plan to go to both :)
                              Yeah, I agree. Since roamer is threatening me if I don't go and mosh, and I already made an avatar badge, I am going to be going to both.

snide, you can multitask!

- doj

Comment

Originally posted by DiscipleOfJude View Post
                                Yeah, I agree. Since roamer is threatening me if I don't go and mosh, and I already made an avatar badge, I am going to be going to both.

snide, you can multitask!

- doj
                                Hmmm. May be something, there. Since my poor keg isn't invited to the forum meet (it was VERY offended when I told it, btw), but it IS invited to the POC meet (so far, anyway; the way it's going, that too may change), i should be in an excellent glow by the forum meet.

Thanks once again DoJ! It is rapidly becoming apparent to me that I will have Great Success in Life, if I allow you to do all my thinking for me from now on, since, obviously, I won't do it for myself...

I blame the 11 & 3/4 months of sobriety.
                                The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

Comment

Working...
                                X