Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon Shoot Shirt Orders

Deviant, can we sticky this? Thanks!

Alright, KingRat did all the hard work, and now the fun begins. The official defcon shoot shirt has been designed to amuse your friends, confound your enemies, and mock the TSA. Rather than muck about with paying in advance and all the headaches that come with that I'm going to take the risk that most of you who reserve shirts will actually show up. Payment will be via cash on the barrel head at the shoot location. The shirts will be $20. Sizes available are S-6XL, and tall sizes are available from XL tall to 3XL tall. I will try to accomodate special requests (kids' shirts, larger sizes, etc), but I can't guarantee anything. If you'd like to get your hands on a shoot shirt, this is what you need to do:

Send an email to "defcon.shoot.shirt AT gmail.com". In this email include the following details:

Your handle/name (so I can identify you)
    Number of shirts you would like to order
    Size(s) of those shirts

Do NOT include credit card info, you don't know me. =P

You will receive a response with a confirmation code.

**YOU MUST BRING THIS CONFIRMATION CODE TO THE SHOOT WITH YOU**

Print the email and fold it up and stick it in your pocket, tattoo the code on your tongue, hire a plane to skywrite it at the shoot location, whatever. If you forget to bring your code you will NOT get your shirts until all other reserved shirts are spoken for. Let me reiterate that: If you forget to bring the code with you, you'll have to get in line with all the other people who forgot to reserve a shirt.

Please do not send questions to the email address listed above. If you have a question please PM me and I will get you an answer as fast as possible. If you send email and don't receive a response within 24 hours, please post in this thread.

I am placing the order for the shirts on 7.20.2011 to make sure they arrive in time. If you haven't sent your email by the morning of 7.20, you'll have to wait in line until all the reserved shirts are delivered.

NOTE: Anyone trying to game the system by reserving 47 shirts and then not picking them up will be publicly shamed and burned in effigy. I reserve the right to call bullshit on anyone who I think might not be legit, which I will do by asking here on the forums if anyone can vouch for you.

Last edited by flirzan; July 14, 2011, 11:26. Reason: Additional info

Re: Defcon Shoot Shirt Orders

Addendum: Some people who were not going to be attending the shoot expressed interest in purchasing a shirt. If you will not be attending the shoot feel free to reserve a shirt, and we will make other arrangements for shirt delivery. I will be in Vegas from the 2nd through the 8th, I'm sure we can find time to get together.

Comment

Order emailed...

Comment

New size info added to main post.

Comment

E-mail sent. Wicked. Love it.
          TSA luvs my Uzi.

"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot

Comment

Do you know what brand the shirts will be? (believe it or not it makes a difference in size for me) or would you say order to the size of something from jinx is comparable?

Comment

Originally posted by ButterSnatcher View Post
              Do you know what brand the shirts will be? (believe it or not it makes a difference in size for me) or would you say order to the size of something from jinx is comparable?
              Most of the shirts will be Hanes Beefy Tee shirts. The tall and 5-6XL shirts are another brand, which I cannot remember at the moment, but the printer assures me they are of similar quality. I'm not sure what brand shirts jinx uses.

Comment

Only about 48 hours left to get your order in! If you want a shirt now is the time to let me know.

We are currently at 73 shirts reserved, for those keeping score at home.

Comment

about 12 hours left until the order goes in, if you want a shirt speak now or forever hold your peace.

Comment

Originally posted by flirzan View Post
                    about 12 hours left until the order goes in, if you want a shirt speak now or forever hold your peace.
                    or would it be "forever hold your piece"

(rim shot)

thank you, folks... i'll be here all week. be sure to tip your Rum Wenches.
                    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Sent order, but might be late ..crap.

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post

(rim shot)

+++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post

(rim shot)

Funny thing is I typed exactly that last night, and then went back and changed it...

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                          Sent order, but might be late ..crap.
                          Dallas, you are late, as I placed the order about 9:30 this morning. I'll see if I can get them to add one shirt, and let you know.

To everyone else: Pre-orders are now closed. I order 10 extra shirts, all in size L, XL and 2XL, these will be available on a first-come first-served basis at the shoot, or after the shoot, if there are any left.

Due to the intricacy of the design we had to do a digital print, so my costs went up quite a bit, but I'm still going to be able to honor the price point I set. If you reserved a shirt and you aren't going to make the shoot or have now decided you don't want a shirt, PLEASE let me know, so that I can offer that shirt to others who weren't able to get their order in for whatever reason. If I wind up losing very much on the shirts this year I won't be able to convince my partner to underwrite them next year.

I look forward to meeting everybody in a couple weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by flirzan View Post
                            If you reserved a shirt and you aren't going to make the shoot or have now decided you don't want a shirt, PLEASE let me know, so that I can offer that shirt to others who weren't able to get their order in for whatever reason. If I wind up losing very much on the shirts this year I won't be able to convince my partner to underwrite them next year.
                            Have you considered announcing a deadline-time for picking up shirts? Like, "If you have not paid for your shirt or made other arrangements by the time the 2nd round of shooting/lane-reservations begins, then your shirt can be sold to anyone else, first come, first-served."

This way, you decrease the risk of having tons of extra shirts, and encourage people to be responsible or miss an opportunity to get their shirt.

Allowing people to make other arrangements permits you to sell ahead of time, or help people with special arrangements as much or as little as you want. (FYI, in case you have not been to the site, phone service is pretty much no service. I think someone that had Verizon said they had a signal but most other people with other carriers had no signal at all for roaming or not, and no data at all. Because of this, you probably should not expect to be able to check email or web from the site.)

Also, if you plan to sell shirts to people while they gather at the meeting location, you might be able to lighten your load and what you might have to transport to the site.

Have you chosen when and where Tee-Shirts will be available for sale?

HTH,
                            -Cot

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                              Have you considered announcing a deadline-time for picking up shirts? Like, "If you have not paid for your shirt or made other arrangements by the time the 2nd round of shooting/lane-reservations begins, then your shirt can be sold to anyone else, first come, first-served."

This way, you decrease the risk of having tons of extra shirts, and encourage people to be responsible or miss an opportunity to get their shirt.
                              This is a good idea, thank you for mentioning it. I will figure out how I want to work that and make an announcement soon.

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                              Also, if you plan to sell shirts to people while they gather at the meeting location, you might be able to lighten your load and what you might have to transport to the site.

Have you chosen when and where Tee-Shirts will be available for sale?

HTH,
                              -Cot
                              I had been tossing the idea around of doing just that, so I think I will likely do it. If we can get some of the shirts distributed at the meetup before the convoy it will make life a little easier. I will have a friend with me who will be handling shirt distribution at the site while we're setting everything up, and I will likely handle the rest of it myself while he's on the firing line.

Watch this space for an update soon, I'll let everybody know what we're doing about logistics.

Comment

Working...
                              X